894 6 2019-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike Swiss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2352749 ft
Switzerland

Hi Guys.
  This is literally the first time it  happened to me altough i have owned a MP1 for a long time and never ever  had problems.
Probably it's my fault or it's the drone's fault... i don't honestly know and i can't understand what happened.
i posted on another forum previously but they didn't understand what could have happenend... i hope that a representative from DJI could help me?

i explain my self:

i just got the MP2.  excited, i did all the updates and everything, i  did my first flight in beginner to increase the safety and did that for a  full battery.. and then second battery i extended my flight distance..  tried a few modes.. everything was perfect.

theeeennnn came the 3rd battery...
everything worked nicely.. i wanted to try the hyperlaps with my brother.
it was night (yes) and we tried the way point one.
we did not really understand how it worked.. .somehow sometimes it took some "way points" and sometimes it did not work...
after trying a few times,,we manged to get the way points and were able to click on "GO".
it started of and then the minute i check, the camera faced down and the drone was in the wineyard.
i managed to find it thanks to the map (was super scary though)

somehow, in all that stupid story i was extreamly lucky .. it laned in a  totally unexpected way and has zero scracthes or anything...
i started it again after and in beginner mode to be safe... nothing was wrong... everything worked perfectly..
see the pictures..

my question is .. what did happen?
did something go wrong with the waypoints ?
i tried to extract the log file and put them here (tell me if they are wrong or whatever.. first time i do this).
it didn't fall down from the sky.. it flew down....also find the Dat file which i can't understand on my Doprox
Following information:
Attached are the log files
2 pictures, one with the map where you see the sharp landing (red circle) and one is the data from the controller (where i didn't do anything)

thank you for your help  <3
Graph0.png
WhatsApp Image 2019-01-03 at 07.57.08.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-01-03 at 07.57.09.jpeg
jpg.jpg

DJIFlightRecord_2019-01-02_[17-11-23]csv.zip

232.09 KB, Down times: 1

Log file

2019-1-24
Use props
jyc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

Was that with firmware v01.00.03.00?
2019-1-24
Use props
DPOV
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

"it was night (yes) and we tried the way point one.
we did not really understand how it worked.. .somehow sometimes it took some "way points" and sometimes it did not work..."

Night time flight with little visability and not knowing how the way points worked probably caused the crash.  Head back to the manual, wait for the sun to rise then give it another try.

To each their own, for me I fly 98% of time manual sticks. Maybe I'm cynical but I just don't trust those Intell modes....then again that's just my take.
2019-1-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Mike Swiss. I am sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. This is not the experience we want you to have with DJI. Since this issue happened. The best thing you need to do is to contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support for additional help and analysis on the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Thank you.

2019-1-24
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to know that
2019-1-25
Use props
Mike Swiss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2352749 ft
Switzerland

DPOV Posted at 1-24 09:44
"it was night (yes) and we tried the way point one.
we did not really understand how it worked.. .somehow sometimes it took some "way points" and sometimes it did not work..."

yeah i have drones since 5 years and never had any problems to be honest. this is literally the first time this happens to me.

the only problem i had once in my life was because of me (operator problem ^^ )
2019-1-25
Use props
IcannotThinkOfAName
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

The obstacle avoidance would not work during low light condition, fly with caution.
2019-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules