Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Smart Controller Update error...
13517 52 2019-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Michael Gambie
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Can’t tell you how frustrating the whole update process has been. Guidance videos are not for Smart controller so something as simple as cable selection and which port to put which connector in is trial and error.
Wireless up dat failed so many times I gave up. I finally got round to downloading the assistant and firing v 530 in after messing around with the cables and trying to keep the controller live I had success.

Just put my mind at rest pepes. I missed out v 400 and went straight to v 530. Are we ok with that. Please don’t tell me I have to redo the update as I can’t help feeing success was more down to luck.

Many thanks
2019-5-6
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Delta Tango Posted at 1-30 09:49
Thanks a lot. I have this version but for some reason the controller will not see Assistant 2. I am using a Mac. I installed the complete software (driver). One thing though, do I need to use the DJI cable that came with the controller. I am not home at the moment but I thought I could use any USB C cable to connect. the controller to my computer. Is there any preparation that I need to do to have the controller ready to update?

DJI assistant 2 for the Mac will only work on USB1 and USB2 controllers. If your Mac is USB 3 then you will need to use a Dongle.

I had this issue on my MacBook Pro and iMac Pro. Was never an issue on my older macs.

Cheers Brian
2019-5-6
Use props
LexonTuxi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 176024 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Michael Gambie Posted at 5-6 05:59
Can’t tell you how frustrating the whole update process has been. Guidance videos are not for Smart controller so something as simple as cable selection and which port to put which connector in is trial and error.
Wireless up dat failed so many times I gave up. I finally got round to downloading the assistant and firing v 530 in after messing around with the cables and trying to keep the controller live I had success.

+1 here -- sitting here since more than 3 hours trying to update the smart controller (just got it today, out of the box). update via wifi fails - tried this more than 5 times, after more than 30 min. 0% update done...

after that downloaded assistant2 for mavic on my MacBook Pro --> no chance with usb-c ports only

so i reactivated my windows laptop (windows 10 on it), assistant2 installed and after a few tries the smart controller was finally detected and .530 started to download (getting error messages, tried a few times to download) and transmit .... and while transmitting to the controller it turned off automatically (starts beeping, think because of the inactivity, default setting) and the update failed - holy moly  @dji

set the time at 30 minutes to turn off when no activity ... and guess what --> update finally worked

i am loving all my DJI drones so far, but this upgrade process is an absolute nightmare...  trying to update my zoom tomorrow, hopefully with no errors (update via smart controller failed also multiple times)...
2019-5-6
Use props
lucaoms
lvl.3
Flight distance : 599049 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi Same problem , smart controller not detected on Assistant 2 ( last version)
2019-5-23
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

lucaoms Posted at 5-23 02:34
Hi Same problem , smart controller not detected on Assistant 2 ( last version)

I got desperate.  I UNinstalled Assistant.  Then I searched Window's Registry and removed every entry that had DJI in it.  Everything!  Rebooted then reinstalled Assistant.  It worked.
2019-5-23
Use props
lucaoms
lvl.3
Flight distance : 599049 ft
  • >>>
Italy

ff22 Posted at 5-23 04:59
I got desperate.  I UNinstalled Assistant.  Then I searched Window's Registry and removed every entry that had DJI in it.  Everything!  Rebooted then reinstalled Assistant.  It worked.

can you give me adress of folder in win registry t delete all file?
I try with this mode
thanks
2019-5-23
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

lucaoms Posted at 5-23 06:20
can you give me adress of folder in win registry t delete all file?
I try with this mode
thanks

I used a program that searches the Registry.  I searched for "DJI" and there were over 350 entries.  At that point I did not care so I selected them all and just deleted all of them.

I should urge caution.  Some folks don't like tampering with the Win Registry.  
2019-5-23
Use props
Steve Heyer
lvl.1

djiuser_FC6LZK5xLjzv Posted at 1-25 11:27
Sounds like smart controller suffers from the same android firmware update issues that have been complained about,  without any dji resolution I might add, endlessly by Android users. Think I'll pass.

Have looked for specific area to post Smart Controller info... sorry not sure where to post.

Received new Mavic Pro 2 and smart controller yesterday and spent a number of hours connecting to wifi. Finally used the cellphone hotspot work around. Still stuck on page logging into my DJI account. (Have had an account since my first Phantom purchase).  Tech support sent me a video which contained everything I already knew.

In an effort to help anyone else here is what I discovered: I disabled the PW / security settings in my router for one of my SSID's. Everything connected, logged in, and activated. Downloaded Lichi app, Google, (for maps), etc... without a hitch.

I have not tried re configuring my SSID with a PW and trying now that it is all set up.

Hope this helps someone...

Steve
2019-9-27
Use props
ff22
lvl.4

Steve Heyer Posted at 9-27 13:50
Have looked for specific area to post Smart Controller info... sorry not sure where to post.

Received new Mavic Pro 2 and smart controller yesterday and spent a number of hours connecting to wifi. Finally used the cellphone hotspot work around. Still stuck on page logging into my DJI account. (Have had an account since my first Phantom purchase).  Tech support sent me a video which contained everything I already knew.

Thanks for sharing as it might help others.

Enjoy your new drone.
2019-9-27
Use props
fans6525758e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106463 ft
Australia

I have tried over and over and over again to update the firmware on my SRC and on two different Mac computers... always get the same result... either update failed at 99% download or at 16% installing update... this is very very annoying and a waste of valuable time. Any help very much appreciated. Using DJI usb-c cable and DJI assistant V2.0.12
image.jpg
image.jpg
2020-5-22
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

fans6525758e Posted at 5-22 18:43
I have tried over and over and over again to update the firmware on my SRC and on two different Mac computers... always get the same result... either update failed at 99% download or at 16% installing update... this is very very annoying and a waste of valuable time. Any help very much appreciated. Using DJI usb-c cable and DJI assistant V2.0.12

your smart controller falls asleep while you are trying to install the firmware. Change the time the device gets in sleep mode or touch the screen from time to time to keep it alive. Once you see it starts with the real update (after 16%) you are good.
It takes some while, see you have the battery charged before you start.
2020-5-23
Use props
atort13mac.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1330479 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_FC6LZK5xLjzv Posted at 2019-1-25 11:27
Sounds like smart controller suffers from the same android firmware update issues that have been complained about,  without any dji resolution I might add, endlessly by Android users. Think I'll pass.

It's junk passing is the call!
2021-3-12
Use props
atort13mac.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1330479 ft
  • >>>
United States

Funn 1 Posted at 2019-1-26 10:39
DJI this needs to be Addressed....... I just purchase the SRC. coming from iOS with never any issues. I would hate to go to a shoot, and a update Occur and not be able to update via cell hotspot.

Then stay away....this thing has been nothing but a nightmare literally one of the worst pieces of tech I have even purchased in 20 years.
2021-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules