Ground Station PC version Locking UP
12203 35 2014-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pkoepnick
lvl.2

United States

DJI Phantom 2 with Ground Station, iOSD mini, AVL-58 installed.
The ipad vesion of ground station works fine, no problems. But I have been playing with the PC version because there is more you can do on the PC version.
I have a laptop with a dual core 1.66Mhz processor, Windows XP professional, 4Gb ram. It will download the mission fine, I hit go and the Phantom takes off. But after 3 seconds or so the application locks up and the instrument board stops updating and no buttons work. The phantom finishes he mission but I have to manually land as none of the buttons work in the application. I don't have antivirus software on this PC as it does not go on the internet. Also the win XP Pro service pack 2 is a fresh install.
Since this is only serial data one would think the laptop could keep up. I have also disabled Windows firewall. Any suggestions out there? I also tried up and down with "Retry One packet timeout seconds" No avail on that.
2014-9-19
Use props
DJI-neil
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13465 ft
China

hello pkoepnick

Always lock up when you hit the "GO" button? Can you give us the screen of the problem?
2014-9-22
Use props
pkoepnick
lvl.2

United States

DJI-neil Posted at 2014-9-22 19:41
hello pkoepnick

Always lock up when you hit the "GO" button? Can you give us the scree ...

Yes, it only locks up after GO.  But sometimes it even makes it through the mission without locking up.
But always when it does lockup it is for some inconsistent time after hitting the GO button.
2014-9-22
Use props
allie
New

United States

Same problem here - DJI PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!
2014-10-15
Use props
jamesbachell
New

United States

I'm having the same issue where the instrument board freezes and the program seems to lock up. However, mine will do it when I'm flying the phantom manually while its connected to the ground station. I've found that unplugging the ground end from the computer and replugging it in will allow you to reconnect, but it will disconnect again. Comeon DJI, fix your program! :@
2014-12-29
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

China

jamesbachell@gm Posted at 2014-12-30 04:01
I'm having the same issue where the instrument board freezes and the program seems to lock up. Howev ...

Hi James,
Have you ever try to use another computer? Still same issue?
Which Flight Controller you use?  And what about your computer configurations?
2014-12-30
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

China

allie@flyngo.co Posted at 2014-10-16 02:47
Same problem here - DJI PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!

Hi allie,
which Flight Controller you use?
And what about your computer configurations?
2014-12-30
Use props
jamesbachell
New

United States

Yes, I've tried it on two different computers and have had the same issue on both.
The two computer setups are:

2011 Macbook Pro 13-inch
Operating System: Windows 7 professional (Bootcamp)
CPU: Intel i5 -2415 @ 2.30 GHz
RAM: x2 8gb
HDD: Toshiba 500 gb @ 5400 rpm

Desktop Computer:
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional
Processor: Intel i5 - 4670k @ 3.40 GHz
GPU: x2 EVGA 770 gtx
HDD: Western Digital 1tb @ 7200 rpm
SDD: Samsung 840 120gb

Both computers are running the same version (4.0.11) of ground station.

The Phantom 2 is setup in the following:
Flight controller: Stock Phantom flight controller running in Naza-M mode
Gimbal: Zenmuse H3-3D
Camera: GoPro Hero 3 Black edition (WiFi is turned OFF)
Datalink: 2.4 Ghz data link
Also using the stock remote control.

All hardware is running on the most current firmware as of yesterday.
2014-12-30
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

China

Please send your email to support@dji.com and ask Cathy for help, THX~
2014-12-30
Use props
s900isachsen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11821 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Im having same trouble. The path of the plane Locks up-allways. Either in the beginnig or halfway through.
My multicopter does continue the mission though,so i havent bother to do something about it.
Sometimes the Photogrammetry tool jams as well, and i need to Close the program, take out usb and reboot,then its fine.
Of ten autonomous flights, my plattform has stayed at the first waypoint as well, for severeal minutes,and i have had to bring her Down.
I bellieve there are some issues to be fixed, and i really hope you do. The photogrammetry aspect is a growing business, so i hope you fix it

My platform is :S900,A2,Zenmuse With gh4,Avl 58,Futaba 14 and t8j

Everything else is just fine, and im so happy With the s900 Product. Its awesome!

cheers
2015-1-8
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

China

s900isachsen Posted at 2015-1-8 22:23
Im having same trouble. The path of the plane Locks up-allways. Either in the beginnig or halfway th ...

Pls send an email to support@dji.com and we will help you~ THX
2015-1-8
Use props
octaviomarechig
New

Spain

Im having same trouble. The path of the plane Locks up-allways. Either in the beginnig or halfway th ...

Hello S900sachsen...
When you get ground station freezing, how do you land? What do you do to get control with your Futaba radio? I forced myself into a situation where My S800 landed with the help of the joystick, but group station would not work any longer... and I could not cutoff the engines.

What would you suggest?
2015-1-20
Use props
ant.lagarde.gma
lvl.1

France

I have the same problem I created a new post to describe it, as you all say but you may not have noticed, the freeze is caused by the usb ground station disconnecting which breaks the link, then the only way to reconnect is by unpluggin replugging and restarting the app...
2015-2-6
Use props
s900isachsen
lvl.2
  • >>>
Norway

octaviomarechig Posted at 2015-1-21 07:28
Hello S900sachsen...
When you get ground station freezing, how do you land? What do you do to get  ...

I have it settup to GPS/ATTI/MANUAL.
By flipping the switch to MANUAL, you are able to break the programmed flight. Just remember to set Your throttle to hover position before you do so.
By switching it back to GPS for instance, is ok also. So manual first then back to gps or atti.

This is a bug in the software obviously.
2015-2-9
Use props
s900isachsen
lvl.2
  • >>>
Norway

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-1-9 14:45
Pls send an email to support@dji.com and we will help you~ THX

I will, thank you
2015-2-9
Use props
ant.lagarde.gma
lvl.1

France

try to plug only the main usb plug, no BTU, no battery, that did it for me
2015-2-10
Use props
geomentorkft
lvl.1
Hungary

Hello everyone. I have similar issue. After clicking on GO the Phantom2V+ flies the planned route, but I could see fligh data changed for several seconds only. I found that COM4 disappeared. As jamesbachell wrote above I also plugged out and in the USB. When COM4 returned I could connect again, but not every time. At the end of the route P2 wanted to fly away far from home. I had to drive it back manually. Who knows why not returned to home and landed automatically ?

The above happened on Win7 32 bit. I installed the GS on another PC Win8.1 64 bit. First it had a network problem. After some minutes this disappeared, I did something, but I can't remember what. Next time it had an issue with Google Eart. I reinstalled the plugin and the GS itself. Now GS locks when starting to connect to the internet.
2015-2-15
Use props
davidfuentes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1155538 ft
Spain

Hello S900isachsen,

I have same configuration than you, except the zenmuse model....(S900+A2+Zenmuse Z15N). Did you have success exporting your gps camera positions? I don't known what to do because DJI do not give any solution, just tell me to wait to the next firmare release.
2015-3-5
Use props
kherkyl
New

Estonia

jamesbachell@gm Posted at 2014-12-31 06:31
Yes, I've tried it on two different computers and have had the same issue on both.
The two computer ...

I also have the issue with losing USB connection between PC and ground end of the Ground Station. My devices are as follows:
DJI Phantom 2 version 2 with 2.4 GHz remote control
2.4 GHz data link (LK24-BT) with latest firmware
PC with Windows 8.1 64-bit
Ground Station software version 4.0.11

I have tried single and double USB, with and without external power supply but I still get random disconnections of USB. To reconnect I have to unplug and re-plug USB of the 2.4 GHz data link module.
2015-3-7
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Same problem here. I have not flown a single mission without getting disconnected. When I hit the go button the motors spin up, the phantom rises up to about 10 meters then it disconnects. I have tried everything and nothing seems to work. It's a little scary flying BVR when you don't know where the phantom is. I'm going to quit using it and send it back for refund.
2015-3-16
Use props
auen1
lvl.1

United States

Maybe the usb COM ports are not configured correctly. See the attachment. The GS transfers at 115,200 bps, but the USB port setting, by default is 9,600bps.
Seems like this might cause a problem.
You can get to the usb port properties by
Start/Right click Computer/Manage/Device Manager/Ports (COM & LPT)/Right click DJI USB COM/Properties

Just an idea to try?

Picture

gtg.PNG
2015-3-16
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

Thanks. I have looked at that but left it as it is. I'll try anything at this point. I have just relocated the air side thinking it might be getting interference. It works fine in sim mode. I have even located the phantom on the other side of the house and it stays connected. It's only when I fly. It gets up to about 20 meters then disconnects.
2015-3-16
Use props
auen1
lvl.1

United States

I have asked around and I am told that the "flow control" may also need to be set to "Hardware".
EDIT: I forgot another piece of advice I got:
You may want to verify these settings with the manufacturer of the device.

fhh.PNG
2015-3-16
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

I'll give it a try! Thanks again. Also, I reoriented the antennas according to another post. The instructions are in the groundstation for iPad which shows the link antenna running down and at 90 degrees of the other antenna which is running along the side of the body. I had both running down with some separation. I will find out if it works in the morning.
2015-3-16
Use props
auen1
lvl.1

United States

One other thing, if you click "Advance" in the properties, you will get the "buffering " page. I am pretty sure that the lower the buffer, the better connection and higher transmits data faster. I was told to "play" with the settings.

Good Luck!
2015-3-16
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

It worked a little better. It got about 50 m out and disconnected. With hardware flow control the software crashed and I would have to restart the program. I lowered the transmit and receive buffers all the way down but that did not help. I will bump them up a notch and try again. I am convinced it's a software/firmware issue. I read a post from someone with the same issue stated that after FC firmware update 3.04 he started having the same problem. He tried to get back to 3.04 but DJI refused. I have not seen too many connection issues on the IPad. I may have to spring for a refurbished gen3. There was a post about someone using 3 different PCs and still was having problems, then went to an IPad and all was good.
2015-3-17
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

Abandoned the PC version and went to the IPad. No disconnect problems. The maps are not as good as the Google maps. Not much of an Apple person.....I like the PC GS interface better, and it has more features. Maybe they will fix it.
2015-3-19
Use props
s900isachsen
lvl.2
  • >>>
Norway

davidfuentes@op Posted at 2015-3-6 02:10
Hello S900isachsen,

I have same configuration than you, except the zenmuse model....(S900+A2+Zenm ...

Hi!
My camera is not set up to the f channel.
I take photos manually, and i add ground Control Points instead. This is enough to give me the information i need for my work.
My photos are not geotagged.

Best regards
2015-3-25
Use props
s900isachsen
lvl.2
  • >>>
Norway

Raybro Posted at 2015-3-16 19:25
Same problem here. I have not flown a single mission without getting disconnected. When I hit the go ...

But it does its mission right?
2015-3-25
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

It will continue the mission. Just kinda freaky not knowing the status of your bird when it is not in sight.
2015-3-25
Use props
davidfuentes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1155538 ft
Spain

I had similar problems with the datalink connection. It started to work better when I changed the air-end position, just down of the S900, with the antennas hanging down, in a way that always are in direct visual connection with the ground-end antenna.... The laptop is always isolated, in a small table, but always far from the Futaba and avoiding trees, cars, and people between air and ground-ends. Sometimes it disconnects, but with this performance it works reasonably well.
2015-4-13
Use props
fgerhardt
New

Croatia

I also have the similar issue with losing USB connection between PC and ground end of the Ground Station. My devices are as follows:
DJI Phantom 2 version 2 with 2.4 GHz remote control
2.4 GHz data link (LK24-BT) with latest firmware
PC with Windows XP 32-bit
Ground Station software version 4.0.11

I have tried to mount the air end in differnet locations with different antenna positions. Two different notebook. Ground end with usb-power and
alternative external power. Different flight locations. The results are always identical. Preceding the usb disconnect is in every case a receive timeout
of 2500ms. Even in difficult conditions of the wireless link the virtual com port has to be kept stable to be able to recover as soon as correct data
become again available. Find attached two usb traces of disconnects.
Hopefully this can be fixed soon in the firmware.

edit: Was able to test with ipad from a friend. With ipad GS works fine. After Loss Of Signal it recovers immediately after next receive. That is how it must work similar in PC GS.

7157-7162.zip

1.13 KB, Down times: 5

usbTrace1

4456-4462.zip

1.22 KB, Down times: 4

usbTrace2

2015-4-18
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

fgerhardt Posted at 2015-4-19 03:28
I also have the similar issue with losing USB connection between PC and ground end of the Ground Sta ...

I agree. The PC version is better, if it would just work
2015-4-25
Use props
disco4wd
lvl.1

Australia

Come on DJI !!!!!
This USB disconnect problem has been going on for quite some time now and is obviously a problem with your product which many people bought in good faith.... expecting it to work. :@
It's not good enough to leave it to the end user to sort out your products faults.
In Australia we have consumer laws that guarrantee a refund on products that are 'not fit for purpose' and I will shortly be taken this option, and, I would suggest that any other members with the same unresolved problem do the same. Maybe, if thousands of these Datalinks are returned, DJI will finally get the message that they cannot continue supplying these and other of their dodgy products and not expect a backlash. I bought the Datalink so that I could locate the Phantom in the event of a flyoff or some other unforseen problem after one of my previous post critisized DJI for not including gps info on the iOSD screen. Now I, like so many others, have again paid out good money for another product that doesn't work.  I'm not interested in a response from another support tech asking me to submit  my fault details.... you need to provide an overall solution to all members who are having this problem. Get your act together DJI. !!!
2015-4-28
Use props
MacNimation
lvl.2

France

It seems DJI's product support has a lot to be desired.

Releasing a product (Phantom 3) with confusing messaging, "pack back will/wont ship with the Professional model"
Launching a product without having sufficient stock in the warehouses around the world
User Manuals are released after the product launches
Software is not compatible on mobile devices
No shipping information on purchased products
etc....

How reliable are the products with a company who has no professionalism when it comes to after sales?
2015-4-29
Use props
MacNimation
lvl.2

France

It seems DJI's product support has a lot to be desired.

Releasing a product (Phantom 3) with confusing messaging, "pack back will/wont ship with the Professional model"
Launching a product without having sufficient stock in the warehouses around the world
User Manuals are released after the product launches
Software is not compatible on mobile devices
No shipping information on purchased products
etc....

How reliable are the products with a company who has no professionalism when it comes to after sales?
2015-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules