Spark waypoints
12262 32 2019-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PatriotArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82169 ft
United States

Hey, I was wanting to fly with waypoints using my spark. Can I do that in the go app? If not is there some otherway  I can?
2019-1-24
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Litchi app is the only way I’ve heard of doing it with the spark. But remember, if you crash DJI could not cover warranty when using third-party parts or apps   
2019-1-24
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

Spark pro for iOS
Red waypoint for android (free)

Both work great and are much cheaper than litchi if you want other alternatives, but litchi works well too
2019-1-24
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

You could use 'RedWaypoint'
2019-1-25
Use props
BrianSC
Second Officer
Spain

I'm doing waypoints with Litchi, it is great fun
2019-1-25
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Litchi works well.
DJI Go4 Mod 2.0 gets you the "DJI waypoint mode 1" from the Mavics for free
2019-1-25
Use props
PatriotArcher
lvl.4
United States

How do I get the Go4 mod?
2019-1-25
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Sayhelloforme Posted at 1-24 19:04
Litchi app is the only way I’ve heard of doing it with the spark. But remember, if you crash DJI could not cover warranty when using third-party parts or apps

Is litchi capable to set different altitude gor different waypoints on the route?
2019-1-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day PatriotArcher. Thank you for raising this inquiry. The DJI Go 4 application does not support the Waypoints function for the DJI Spark. Just a friendly reminder that we do not recommend using 3rd party applications for the DJI Spark. 3rd party applications might affect the drone or its component and can also affect the performance of the drone when in use. Actually, there is a possibility that these 3rd party applications will be able to work on the DJI Spark. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guarantee the stability of the said application if it will work all the time with no issues while using the DJI Spark. Thank you.
2019-1-25
Use props
PatriotArcher
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-25 11:43
Hello and good day PatriotArcher. Thank you for raising this inquiry. The DJI Go 4 application does not support the Waypoints function for the DJI Spark. Just a friendly reminder that we do not recommend using 3rd party applications for the DJI Spark. 3rd party applications might affect the drone or its component and can also affect the performance of the drone when in use. Actually, there is a possibility that these 3rd party applications will be able to work on the DJI Spark. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guarantee the stability of the said application if it will work all the time with no issues while using the DJI Spark. Thank you.

Would DJI ever add that feature to the spark? Alot of people want it. Some to the point of buying 3rd party apps that do it for a decent amount of money.
2019-1-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

PatriotArcher Posted at 1-25 11:54
Would DJI ever add that feature to the spark? Alot of people want it. Some to the point of buying 3rd party apps that do it for a decent amount of money.

Thank you for the quick reply PatriotArcher. As of the moment, we do not have any information if the Waypoints will be added for the said drone. For the latest updates and news on the DJI Spark. Kindly please visit our official website at www.dji.com for more details. Thank you for your patience and support.
2019-1-25
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I see a number of responders recommending Litchi. I am using Autopilot (approx same cost as Litchi). I selected it in preference as it appeared to be a bit easier to use.
2019-1-25
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Lysak2003 Posted at 1-25 10:46
Is litchi capable to set different altitude gor different waypoints on the route?

Yes litchi will do this.
2019-1-25
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

The DJI go app should have this feature. The drone is perfectly capable to do it (the 3rd party app prove it) and it wouldn't be that complicated to put it in the app.  Hopefully it will be added one day.
2019-1-25
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

PatriotArcher Posted at 1-25 10:08
How do I get the Go4 mod?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=DJI+Go4+Mod+2.0
2019-1-26
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Lysak2003 Posted at 1-25 10:46
Is litchi capable to set different altitude gor different waypoints on the route?

You can get an overview here:

https://flylitchi.com/hub

Which is, actually, one of the best features of Litchi!
2019-1-26
Use props
mattdswartz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21604 ft
United States

PatriotArcher Posted at 1-25 11:54

Agreed. I want this as well!
2019-1-26
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

S-e-ven Posted at 1-26 04:39
You can get an overview here:

https://flylitchi.com/hub

Thank you for response. Are there any concern about stability and safety work of the program?
2019-1-26
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Lysak2003 Posted at 1-26 05:24
Thank you for response. Are there any concern about stability and safety work of the program?

I am using it on two devices, no chrashes yet.
Anyway, as soon the mission is uploaded and started, the App is just a viewing monitor.
Unless you switch to sport, it is following it to the end.
You can even switch to DJI Go4, the mission gets downloaded from the bird and contious.
You loose RC connection (never tried a phone/bird mission, yet), it goes on till the end or till RTH.
So as long you (I) plan waypoints/missions in the abilities of the drone (time, speed) and with the needed care (obstacles), I don't see more trouble as flying it LOS or FPV.

I just flew Litchi missions under high wind conditions, 2 weeks ago.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-177934-1-1.html
2019-1-26
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I’ve been using the SparkPro app for iOS, by Michele Vagnetti, for a few months. So far I’ve not experienced any issues and a big bonus for us EU Spark owners is it doesn’t reset the FCC WiFi setting back to CE,  which Litchi and RedWaypoint did when I tried them.

Regards

Nidge.
2019-1-26
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-25 11:43

You see, this is the kind of response that makes some people hate you.
Instead of making recommendations such as this, let the drone do what it can do. The fact that Litchi can do that with Spark proves that it's not a technical limitation - just a limitation of will on your part.
All you achieve by taking that attitude is to drive people toward 3rd party apps. Don't you see that?

2019-1-27
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S Posted at 1-27 04:01
You see, this is the kind of response that makes some people hate you.
Instead of making recommendations such as this, let the drone do what it can do. The fact that Litchi can do that with Spark proves that it's not a technical limitation - just a limitation of will on your part.
All you achieve by taking that attitude is to drive people toward 3rd party apps. Don't you see that?

The spark can also do it with the Go4 Mod 2.0!
Which is a Mavic-modes opened for spark version
2019-1-27
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Israel

S-e-ven Posted at 1-27 07:17

In other words, a hacked version of Go4.
Even more proof that it can work with Go4 if DJI wanted it. There is no technical limitation.
2019-1-27
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>
United States

Automation is all good but remember when programming altitude changes, you are at the mercy of Google maps or what ever database the app you choose uses for altitude.
I used Litchi and Google maps said the crest of this video was 3846ft above sea level.
It was actually 3660ft cause I had to go up there and get it:

2019-1-27
Use props
PatriotArcher
lvl.4
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 1-27 07:17

But the Go 4 mod is illegal right?
2019-1-27
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Interesting question!
It is a dji Go4 app with an undone mod for the limitations in it for the Spark, DJI decided to build and deliver it with.
I'd say, it is more a unwanted app.
There is nothing in, which wasn't in there before, I think.

And imho as close as you can get to a DJI approved waypoint app for the Spark, as possible.

But that is just my interpretation

And it is the "waypoint mode 1" , where you have to fly every waypoint first yourself, to save positions at birds location.
Which can have advantages, in some setups.

2019-1-27
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Israel

Of course it's illegal. It's a hacked app, so it's illegal by definition. It allows FCC power in CE countries, that is surely illegal in those countries.
But DJI pushes its customers to use these apps by its reluctance to allow the official app its full potential.
2019-1-28
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S Posted at 1-28 01:59
Of course it's illegal. It's a hacked app, so it's illegal by definition. It allows FCC power in CE countries, that is surely illegal in those countries.
But DJI pushes its customers to use these apps by its reluctance to allow the official app its full potential.

Hi there,

I'm not getting you point...
Why would it be "illegal" to use the hacked app? That app uses the official SDK from DJI. DJI already stated that using this does not void your Sparks warranty. It would be easy for DJI to stop people using the hacked app, but they did not (thanks for that, DJI).
Yes, using FCC mode in CE countries is not legal. For a company like DJI, they have to comply with the rules. I, as a customer, /can/ decide to do so....
As an electronics engineer I can tell where its safe to use FCC (open field, capturing landscapes), and where not (urban areas).

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-1-29
Use props
MavSpa_user
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

for Spark flying waypoints and other mavic flightmodes(incl FCC,OTG) is to use latest  4.1.15 mod from https://github.com/Bin4ry/deejayeye-modder. In combination of: https://play.google.com/store/ap ... skij.mission&hl=usa
both free.
Also, when having both and you want FCC also for litchi, use this sequence.Start FC,Start Spark, wait untill connected, put OTG cable in, launch DJI go 4 mod app, go to camera view. Now closed dji go app in settings/app/forced closed of your phone Leave FC and Spark on start Litchi app.
You have FCC also.
If anyone wants some help PM me.

2019-1-29
Use props
Izam1488
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81490 ft

Malaysia

You can try Drone Harmony (on Android)..
They give you 1 month trial for free..
So far no issues...
Never had lost connections .
Very stable..
But after finishing my trial,..i am still thinking if this worth to buy.
2019-1-30
Use props
driverman930
lvl.3
Flight distance : 93865 ft
United States

try lichiti
2019-1-30
Use props
Obguy99
lvl.1

United States

Enjoying my spark. Would like to fly a half mile mission to my friends house. Litchi stable with the spark? Still recommended?
Or should I do the modded go app? Thanks sincerely!
2022-1-19
Use props
Obguy99
lvl.1

United States

Obguy99 Posted at 1-19 07:55
Enjoying my spark. Would like to fly a half mile mission to my friends house. Litchi stable with the spark? Still recommended?
Or should I do the modded go app? Thanks sincerely!

Ok. Cool. Litchi app worked without any difficulty. GPS and compass freaked out when I tried a 360 degree spin at 150 feet. Almost lost it but was able to recover, calibrate compass, and other missions have worked pretty well. Wouldn't encourage folks to do this until they are pretty seasoned pilots as the recovery wasn't v easy. Simple missions at first and then slowly build complexity.
2022-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules