574 7 2019-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Says six monghs right?

Do u believe fatigue by mere centrifuge strains?

Or weather expose uv?

Or the embed hub discontinuity?

Leave well enough alone?

No impact contact by prop means scarless, perfect, right?
2019-1-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello, and good day cutis. Thank you for raising this inquiry. A careful drone pilot should be able to use the same propellers literally for years. It is not flighted that damages or limits their life - it is the silly things we do with the models and props getting damaged. Thank you for your support.
2019-1-25
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-25 08:16
Hello, and good day cutis. Thank you for raising this inquiry. A careful drone pilot should be able to use the same propellers literally for years. It is not flighted that damages or limits their life - it is the silly things we do with the models and props getting damaged. Thank you for your support.

Okay
Props do not fatigue materials of its construct so long props do not incur faulted condition as contact, environment extreme chemical contact, temperatures, radiated energies causing materials damages, excessive applied force, and etc, ultraviolet will deteriorate
2019-1-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

cutis Posted at 1-25 09:39
Okay
Props do not fatigue materials of its construct so long props do not incur faulted condition as contact, environment extreme chemical contact, temperatures, radiated energies causing materials damages, excessive applied force, and etc, ultraviolet will deteriorate

Thank you for the additional information you have shared with us today. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-1-25
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

cutis Posted at 1-25 09:39
Okay

IMO never had to change props on any aircraft and that includes my spark which is almost a year old now. Unless visibly damaged, prop failure is pretty unlikely although it might be prudent to change props on a regular basis. Thats just my opinion, as it is up to every pilots decisions and procedures on how to maintain their aircraft
2019-1-25
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 1-25 14:12
IMO never had to change props on any aircraft and that includes my spark which is almost a year old now. Unless visibly damaged, prop failure is pretty unlikely although it might be prudent to change props on a regular basis. Thats just my opinion, as it is up to every pilots decisions and procedures on how to maintain their aircraft

In universal o&m, the replacement prescribed interval is determined from failure analysis.

But here, there really is no user abuse (none contact by foreign force other than normal atmosphere).

And that's why this post. None foreign forces, none radiation damaging, none chemistry attack on material (volcano poison gases), then the recommended semi annual swap is overly protective for safeguarding the propulsion workhorse
2019-1-25
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

cutis Posted at 1-25 18:55
In universal o&m, the replacement prescribed interval is determined from failure analysis.

But here, there really is no user abuse (none contact by foreign force other than normal atmosphere).

Alright, I'll give you that. I only do it as a guideline as I have my own operational and maintenance guidelines. Doesn't mean you need to adopt it at all, its just a matter of preference
2019-1-25
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 1-25 19:10
Alright, I'll give you that. I only do it as a guideline as I have my own operational and maintenance guidelines. Doesn't mean you need to adopt it at all, its just a matter of preference

Boils down to the owner's peace in mind.
The military swaps gear that's perfect.
It's because they don't take chances.
On the other hand, my prior senator pork barreled such readiness thus justifying congressional monies for paychecks all involved.
It's possible this mentality is global widespread includes our drones dji
2019-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules