DJI Mavic Pro 2 - Gimbal Dead on Arrival , Controller Cannot upda...
1087 7 2019-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mnliew
lvl.2
Singapore

Just got my Mavic Pro 2 yesterday, left all my Fly More Batteries to charge over night and the Controller to Charge up for today early morning Filming and Maiden flight.
Happily, I place the drone down and all it coolest accessories on to the set for filming (took me hours to get 50% of the shots done) and startup the Drone. First sign of horror, I heard the DJI iconic start uo Chimes but the Gimbal didnot move!!!!

Well, I told myself maybe is not Connected so I give it try this time I connected my phone (iphone X) and the controller and happliy wait for the Firmware to get updated
I waited and Waited and waited ...... "Firmware Error" .. and tried again for the next 2hrs ...... Again Firmware Error .... I then decided to leave it and proceed to see if I can just go into the DJI GO 4 app to have a look and try to see if I can calibrate the Gimbal ..... @_@ I cant tweak the Gimbal ... I cannot even Calibrate it .... the Gimbal just went limp ......

Called up my Camera Shop asking for support .. they cant help as they werent allow to do one to one exchange even it is less then 24hrs of purchase as this is the policy of DJI any issues called them ....

I am located in Singapore where there is no DJI persences not even a Dealer as far as I know. I am helpless. Had a online chat with the support team to trouble shoot for hours and the conclusion is "email DJI support" and to have a replacement. I do hope they will get back to me soon and approve the one to one replacement .

I was really disappointed with this situation.

P.S the online support was good patient and supportive.

Anyone encounter this problem?
pls share your experience

2019-1-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Im heading to Singapore next month,  any tips for Drone flying?
2019-1-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day mnliew. I am sorry to know what happened to your brand new drone. This is not the experience we want you to have with DJI. Please keep us posted on the said situation for us to help you further. Thank you for your patience and support.
2019-1-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

DAFlys Posted at 1-25 05:16

Hello and good day DAFlys. Thank you for the inquiry. I will be posting a link which will give you some tips in flying your DJI Mavic 2 Pro in Singapore. I hope this helps. Have a safe and happy flying always.

https://www.dji.com/flyingtips?site=brandsite&from=nav
2019-1-25
Use props
mnliew
lvl.2
Singapore

DAFlys Posted at 1-25 05:16

Hi there,

Singapore is City state so there aint many location you can Fly.
The best location to see and take Drone shots are by the Marina Bay Barrage area and also at a big plot of Empty land near to the Marina Bay Sands Hotel.
2019-1-25
Use props
mnliew
lvl.2
Singapore

Received a few emails from DJI support, Till now it was pretty positive, but what I couldn't Understand is I was requested to send a video of the faulty drone, there after I still have to wait for another team approval for the exchange. this process of DJI is very Lengthy and inefficient. Already feel very frustrated  on a Faulty Drone which cam in the Box, was not able to do a one to one exchange with in 24hrs due to no present or no clear direction between retailer and DJI.  and  I have to justify my case once with the online Called Supported , with their information of Screen shots of the conversation should be enough to justify my case and then email to DJI Support once more, through them I have to again justify my case with a video and Now await for Approval. This is really a Disappointing experience.

I like DJI products and it innovations, pls do not put your customers off and drive the possibility of them not want to DJI product because of the lengthy justification process and the fear of a Dead on arrival product.
2019-1-30
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

Hi mnliew , sorry to hear about your problem. It is sad that you could not obtain an exchange or a refund

Here in Australia, consumer laws are pretty good. If your product is defective the customer has the option to repair, replace or refund and to claim loss/damages due to defective products Consumer rights.

I used to own an electronics retail business, so to keep the customers happy I had to learn these laws. Maybe that's why some things cost a little more here, but it's worth it for peace of mind IMHO.

It is a pity that more countries do not have such laws although some in N.Europe do.

Best of luck with your replacement
2019-1-30
Use props
mnliew
lvl.2
Singapore

Dear DJI,

I have received yet another email from your Customer service Support with regards to the Drone which wasn't functioning upon my purchase.
Apparently, my replacement was approved and I have to send the drone back to DJI at my own cost?
Am I to pay for a issue that wasn't my wrong doing? Did I asked to have a Drone which is not working day 1 of it started up?
I have not Flow the Drone at all since Day 1 of it Power on.

To cause me more inconvenient, I have to send it back to DJI at my own cost? is it right? Is this how a customer is to be treated due to a Faulty items right out of your Factory?
I don't think this is right at all.

I would expect DJI to Contact the retailer where I bought my Drone from and Ask them to give me an immediate replacement and I shall return the full packing of the Drone to the retailer and DJI due directly from the Retailer on this faulty item .

But No , you are making your Customers who have many other products of DJI more inconvenient.
This is very disappointing and is making me very upset.

What is the Meaning of this?
2019-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules