1282 11 2019-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ManOfSand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1736883 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I was wondering if there was a way to do a long exposure picture, and if so, how?
2019-1-25
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Use ND filters and pro mode.
2019-1-25
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

Manual settings via app, and a ND filter. The problem (at least at the moment) is that apart from one, all the nd filter brands have 6 stops max. which simply is not enough in most cases.
2019-1-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day ManOfSand. Thank you for raising this inquiry. Long exposures can be set in the camera settings beneath shutter speed in the application and you can choose a slower shutter speed as well. Thank you.

2019-1-25
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

CemAygun Posted at 1-25 07:18
Manual settings via app, and a ND filter. The problem (at least at the moment) is that apart from one, all the nd filter brands have 6 stops max. which simply is not enough in most cases.

Probably not in full sunlight outdoor during the day but will probably be ok for low light/ night shots. Too bad you can't stack 2 of them on top of each other. I just tried with the Pgytech and 2 will restrict movement during the boot so you get gambal protected error and even if you try to stack once booted up, you can feel the gimbal struggling to stay in balance. Maybe 2 of the thinner ones might work but I only have Pgytech.
2019-1-25
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

Wiz33 Posted at 1-25 15:07
Probably not in full sunlight outdoor during the day but will probably be ok for low light/ night shots. Too bad you can't stack 2 of them on top of each other. I just tried with the Pgytech and 2 will restrict movement during the boot so you get gambal protected error and even if you try to stack once booted up, you can feel the gimbal struggling to stay in balance. Maybe 2 of the thinner ones might work but I only have Pgytech.

I have the Pgytech as well... Stacking might introduce vignetting and I would rather not put that much extra weight/strain on the little guy .

Well if the time lapse feature gets more usable (4K frame or video recording with below 3 sec intervals) there will be a market for higher grade ND filters. At the moment they are here just to remedy high shutter speeds in regular video recordings.
2019-1-25
Use props
markr041
lvl.3
United States

CemAygun Posted at 1-25 15:54
I have the Pgytech as well... Stacking might introduce vignetting and I would rather not put that much extra weight/strain on the little guy  .

Well if the time lapse feature gets more usable (4K frame or video recording with below 3 sec intervals) there will be a market for higher grade ND filters. At the moment they are here just to remedy high shutter speeds in regular video recordings.

10-stop ND filter for Osmo Pocket:

https://www.freewellgear.com/dji ... pocket-filters.html
2019-1-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You can do handheld 1 second long exposures, at nighttime you can do long exposures without the need to use ND filters.
Remember you will also need some kind of tripod or somewhere safe out of the wind to keep OP from falling over.
2019-1-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

3 second long exposure no filters.
2019-1-25
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

Yeah, I know Hence the "apart from one" bit in my first post Thanks a lot anyways, and hopefully there will be more options in the future...

PS: Probably I will get this one soon by the way.

2019-1-26
Use props
Kamal Nor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307024 ft
Malaysia

I've bought this Freewell ND1000 filter for my Hero 6 but very disappointing with the results. The photo was blown out like no filter been used even with just 2 sec shutter and 100 ISO min & max. Did I do anything wrong?. I'm sharing the photo below. Now I'm not sure whether I'm gonna get this for my OP.

FREEWELL ND1000.jpg
2019-1-28
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2019-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules