Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Anyone with Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 with zero issues?
2871 13 2019-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ZFUaSaOBgIxz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Curious if there are any new Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 owners both Plus and non-Plus that have had zero issues? Including camera, gimbal, Yaw and or drifting. Any other issues? Reason I ask is my first one had all of the above. Returned it and another is being delivered today. To be honest I am skeptical to even open and try it and may just return it for a refund. Seems many are having issues but you know how forums are. Sometimes people will jump on a forum to report issues but those that do not have any issues remain quiet.
2019-1-25
Use props
Anthony8858
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9711 ft
United States

I have a beautiful one.

Remember 99% of what you read on the internet and forums are usually problem related.
You won't hear about the other million happy customers.
2019-1-25
Use props
djiuser_ZFUaSaOBgIxz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Anthony8858 Posted at 1-25 09:20
I have a beautiful one.

Remember 99% of what you read on the internet and forums are usually problem related.

Thanks. That is what I was hoping to hear. I really want one and one that works. Hopefully today I will get that one. (One that works.)
2019-1-25
Use props
1Eagle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 290348 ft
United States

I have had my P4P V2 for about six months. All current FW. We have 5 different pilots. One other pilot and I have the most hours of flight time about equal for each of us. I would say maybe a total of 50 hours of flight time among all of us. Pretty easy flights nothing to drastic, mild temps, low speeds, short runs, maybe a little rough on the start and stops and turns as we are newbs. I have flown only 2 missions that used all three batteries. It was crashed early on and repaired. Not sure of the extent of damages and repairs. The pilot who crashed won't talk about it. It has been doing really well with no problems until recently I am hearing some grinding noise from the camera gimbal when I pick the unit up and tilt it, while running indoors with no props. And the last video I shot has the "jello" effect. I suspect gimbal bearings or something like that. Gonna keep my eye on it and may have to send it in for repairs.

It would be really nice to hear from pilots who are not having problems.
Flight time, mission length, flight conditions, video usage, etc.

The amount of problems I see on forums and the lack of product available and the fraud scandal all have me wondering which direction to go when I purchase my own bird.
Guess I'll just have to wait and see.
2019-1-25
Use props
djiuser_ZFUaSaOBgIxz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

1Eagle Posted at 1-25 09:36
I have had my P4P V2 for about six months. All current FW. We have 5 different pilots. One other pilot and I have the most hours of flight time about equal for each of us. I would say maybe a total of 50 hours of flight time among all of us. Pretty easy flights nothing to drastic, mild temps, low speeds, short runs, maybe a little rough on the start and stops and turns as we are newbs. I have flown only 2 missions that used all three batteries. It was crashed early on and repaired. Not sure of the extent of damages and repairs. The pilot who crashed won't talk about it. It has been doing really well with no problems until recently I am hearing some grinding noise from the camera gimbal when I pick the unit up and tilt it, while running indoors with no props. And the last video I shot has the "jello" effect. I suspect gimbal bearings or something like that. Gonna keep my eye on it and may have to send it in for repairs.

It would be really nice to hear from pilots who are not having problems.

Thanks "I am hearing some grinding noise from the camera gimbal when I pick the unit up and tilt it, while running indoors with no props. And the last video I shot has the "jello" effect." That is what I ran in to with my first one. It drifted out of the box and after doing the firmware update. So I refreshed the firmware and after that the drifting stopped but the gimbal would make grinding noises when doing the compass calibration. Did not sound good. After that I got a bad jello problem in the videos. At that point I returned it. I am hoping the new one will work and keep on working. My Mavic 2 Pro works great and I have confidence in it. Even if the new Phantom I am getting today shows no issues it will be a while before I can fly it with confidence after my experience with the first one.
2019-1-25
Use props
JeffreyS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71936 ft
United States

My first one wigged out and came down too fast hitting the ground, after only a week of ownership.  DJI turned it around in a week, sending me a new aircraft, under warranty. The new one is performing just fine.
2019-1-25
Use props
1Eagle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 290348 ft
United States

JeffreyS Posted at 1-25 16:05
My first one wigged out and came down too fast hitting the ground, after only a week of ownership.  DJI turned it around in a week, sending me a new aircraft, under warranty. The new one is performing just fine.

How long have you had the new one? Flight hours?
Do you fly it a little rough or gentle?  :-)
How much do you video, still shots?
2019-1-25
Use props
DirtFlyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8038924 ft
  • >>>
United States

1Eagle Posted at 1-25 16:16
How long have you had the new one? Flight hours?
Do you fly it a little rough or gentle?  :-)
How much do you video, still shots?

I've had mine for around 6 months, it flies almost every day. Put 200+ miles on it in 3 days time for a project, including over 8 hours of video. Had 1 remote controller error with disconnect, restart controller and dji go app, by the time connection re-established bird was almost back to home point. Maintained line of sight by eye but no control.
2019-1-26
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad to see that the later builds seem to have the yawing during hover fixed.  Never did get it fixed for my May 2018 build P4 Vr 2.0.  If you have the issue it is a pain for sure.  Beside the yawing, no other issues with mine.  Since they have been out of stock for over 3 months now, odds of getting a new one for a replacement are nill.  The camera on mine is excellent so I have decided to keep it and not return it for a refurb and risk getting a camera issue.

Paul C
2019-1-29
Use props
ShotOnDrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7359 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm not happy with my new P4PV2 - drifting & instability issues which are not happening with my older P4Ppro ?..
2020-10-24
Use props
ShotOnDrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7359 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm running the latest software & have even went as far as taking it to a local drone repair facility (DroneNerds) to have them check it out. The nerds gave it a clean bill of health but it still has same issues & I cannot get the P4PProV2 to do a panoramic shot to save it's life ?? I am using a fast 128 GB SD card & have tried others & it still will not do a pano?
2020-10-24
Use props
Mr. Strat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4542854 ft
United States

Mine arrived at the beginning of April (Plus) and I've flown about 65 hours since. I don't see a Take Off icon on the screen but wouldn't use it if I did. Sometimes it wants me to do a compass calibration for unknown reasons. But these are really just minor annoyances. It flies like a champ. Battery life is decent and photo/video quality is outstanding. No complaints.
2020-10-24
Use props
Manu P4P Paris
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136483 ft
Italy

I start from one principle, don't update anything unless you have some problems..and hope that the update can fix it!!
Said that, I had/have a  P4 P4P Insp2, I'm very amazed to say that I didn't have any problem at all.. even if downloading the log after the fly, I read worrying thing about compass or some interferences in some places..but the drones never had a problem during flights!
2020-11-3
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you aren't doing inspection work, you are better off with a Mavic Air 2.
2020-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules