Just bought a Ronin-S - Can't get it to work. Help!
1017 2 2019-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jimmy85
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi there,

Here's a link to a video that explains the below -
Full story - I just bought a Ronin S to use with my Panasonic GH4. I went through the step-by-step instructions to get it working and hit a snag when the iPhone app wouldn't connect. I discovered I needed to do a Firmware update, which I did via my iMac (I also have the location services option enabled on the app).

Once the firmware was udpated, I was able to see the Ronin show up on Bluetooth, but only as long as it was connected to the iMac. As soon as I disconnect the USB cable, the Ronin disappears from the app.

Further, the 'motor pause' option on the app is on. I click it off, and it lasts 3 seconds before switching itself back on to pause. I can sort of do stuff in those three seconds (it's the only time I have seen evidence of any motor in the Ronin, right now I could be convinced it's just a lump of metal).

I was hoping to start using it tomorrow morning, but feel there's a good chance it will never work! So any advice would be gratefully received.

2019-1-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Jimmy85, sorry for the difficulties on connecting to Ronin-S's Bluetooth, may I verify if you have released all the access to the APP when installing it, if not, please try to re-install, and make sure the location of your phone has been opened. If the issue persists, any chance to try another mobile phone?
2019-1-27
Use props
Jimmy85
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-27 20:24
Hi Jimmy85, sorry for the difficulties on connecting to Ronin-S's Bluetooth, may I verify if you have released all the access to the APP when installing it, if not, please try to re-install, and make sure the location of your phone has been opened. If the issue persists, any chance to try another mobile phone?

Thank you for the response Mindy. This problem was sorted eventually, but I now have a much larger problem.
2019-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules