Osmo Pocket splitting files
27223 53 2019-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Live event video needs long running time.  That's when live events become possible again....
2020-7-3
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

fansfe82067d Posted at 7-3 14:38
Live event video needs long running time.  That's when live events become possible again....

"Live" events can benefit, immensely, from some editing. Once again, too long from one perspective will put most viewers to sleep.
2020-7-3
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pat M Posted at 2019-3-27 07:26
Hmmm.  The only problem when OSMO Pocket splits files is that Premiere Pro won't sychronize the clips with the other clips. I shoot with three  Panasonic 4K cameras, which don't split the files... An hour-long show is on one file, and the three Panasonic 4K clips all synchronize perfectly.

So DJI Tony, I'm getting errors at the split of the Osmo Pocket. If Panasonic can make longer clips work, why can't DJI?

Pat did you find any solution for syncing split video files with non split video files?
2021-4-2
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

griffdude13 Posted at 2019-8-15 05:10
This doesn't work. It will still split files. Like someone said, you can easily stitch clips together in post without any loss.

How do you stitch without loss and still be able to sync in Premiere Pro?  Nesting and grouping does not work.
2021-4-2
Use props
djiuser_NtehCobtEfum
lvl.2
United States

DjI pocket 2 owner here, this is still a problem as of May 2021 and it's incredibly annoying to have to sort through the files by date modified / taken (because there are numerous file types) then transfer them and then join them together. Along with the abysmal face tracking issue, I'm seriously considering returning the Pocket 2. This is unacceptable. No-one is splitting files like this. DJI get with the program please.
2021-5-14
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

"[No one] is splitting files like this. DJI get with the program please."

Unless GoPro has changed, my Hero 4 splits the files at 4 GB.
2021-5-14
Use props
griffdude13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53507 ft
  • >>>
United States

Blellow Posted at 4-2 13:07
How do you stitch without loss and still be able to sync in Premiere Pro?  Nesting and grouping does not work.

Have you tried selecting all the clips after they're placed and hitting "render and replace?"
2021-5-19
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, I got it sorted, but there are caveats.  Thanks for the help.
2021-5-24
Use props
FlT4ever
New

Canada

It has now been almost 2 years since this issue was brought up and more than a year since DJI said it get on addressing it. So where are you with this file system issue? A nice firmware to allow something else than exFat, no?

Regardless of any post filming solutions, this should not happen, it's 2021. How about a little more efficiency for your customers?

Sorry but thanks
2021-6-22
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

I have a fix: EDITING!
2021-6-22
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Curt1591 Posted at 6-22 15:31
I have a fix: EDITING!

and what is it ?
2021-6-30
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Simply edit out the offending breaks. There is no reason that a clip needs to run 5 minutes.

Even "live events" will benefit from editing. Plan the shoot and film accordingly.
2021-6-30
Use props
Baha9
New

Canada

I returned the camera because of the splitting problem
2021-7-11
Use props
mahain
New

Brazil

Apparently DJI doesn't give a .... The Osmo 1 continues to have this problem to this day. Mine is leaning, it has become a paperweight because of this problem. The failure that occurs in the audio during the cuts simply makes the use of the camera unfeasible.
The worst thing is that they kept the problem in the 2nd. Now does the 3rd still have the same serious flaw?
Shame on you DJI, do a firmware fix to resolve this.
2-1 04:21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules