1269 11 2019-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
Japan

I made a quick video on my initial impressions of Waypoints 2.0 this morning and wanted to share my thoughts in this video. I think the Mavic 2 operates great with this first iteration of Waypoints but as other have stated wish I could create missions without having to power on and connect the quad.

A few more thoughts in the video.

https://youtu.be/5RPRqhvPhI8
2019-1-25
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting. I will be updating my quad in about 5 or so days but the waypoints seem like they could work extremely well. I guess its just a matter of understanding how the mission writer works. I also agree on the sentiment that it would be nice to upload the missions to the quads after setting it up offline as I have been able to do this with some custom aircraft I built using apps like mission planner, but I guess this may be implemented at some point.
2019-1-26
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
  • >>>
Japan

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 1-26 00:08
Interesting. I will be updating my quad in about 5 or so days but the waypoints seem like they could work extremely well. I guess its just a matter of understanding how the mission writer works. I also agree on the sentiment that it would be nice to upload the missions to the quads after setting it up offline as I have been able to do this with some custom aircraft I built using apps like mission planner, but I guess this may be implemented at some point.

Yes. I hope that they implement mission planning without connecting the Mavic 2 as well. We shall see.
2019-1-26
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Is waypoint 2.0 available for the Mavic pro. Is it an upgrade to the DJI go app, Or is it a firmware update that allows it to be used? Sorry for the question. I have been away from the forum, for reasons I won't mention.
Thanks.
2019-1-26
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Bill B Posted at 1-26 05:22
Is waypoint 2.0 available for the Mavic pro. Is it an upgrade to the DJI go app, Or is it a firmware update that allows it to be used? Sorry for the question. I have been away from the forum, for reasons I won't mention.
Thanks.

It’s only for the mavic 2s

Fly safely
Alex
2019-1-26
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
  • >>>
Japan

Bill B Posted at 1-26 05:22
Thanks.

There was both a firmware update to the controller and Mavic 2 at the time I update the newest version of DJI Go 4. I believe as Alex stated, that this is only for the Mavic 2 series.
2019-1-26
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Vlas Posted at 1-26 06:22
There was both a firmware update to the controller and Mavic 2 at the time I update the newest version of DJI Go 4. I believe as Alex stated, that this is only for the Mavic 2 series.

That is correct. It's only for the MP2 series.
2019-1-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and god day Vlas. Thank you for sharing your impression and your experience with the waypoints 2.0 and thank you for your support.
2019-1-26
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
  • >>>
Japan

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-26 07:11
Hello and god day Vlas. Thank you for sharing your impression and your experience with the waypoints 2.0 and thank you for your support.

Thank you for the reply. I hope DJI at some point will implement waypoint creation without connecting to the aircraft. Otherwise I like the interface and implementation.
2019-1-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Vlas Posted at 1-26 13:12
Thank you for the reply. I hope DJI at some point will implement waypoint creation without connecting to the aircraft. Otherwise I like the interface and implementation.

Thank you for the additional infomation Vlas. Rest assured I will forward this information/thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the said product. Thank you for your support.
2019-1-26
Use props
fans23b4fcd0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1583983 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am having challenges selecting a way point or POI to edit. 90% of the time it tries to create a new point instead. Any secrets to reliably selecting a point already there?
2019-1-28
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
  • >>>
Japan

fans23b4fcd0 Posted at 1-28 06:35
I am having challenges selecting a way point or POI to edit. 90% of the time it tries to create a new point instead. Any secrets to reliably selecting a point already there?

Sadly no. I have not had that issue.
2019-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules