MAVIC AIR WON'T PAIR WITH RC - tried everything, please help!
408 12 2019-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RedPanda
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124843 ft
France

PLEASE HELP!I've tried every DJI tutorial on how to pair my Mavic Air to the RC, but nothing works.
Also, my Windows 10 PC doesn't recognize the remote, despite installing DJI Assistant 2 (v 1.2.4) INCLUDING all the unsigned drivers. Nothing happens. Tried downgrading the drone itself to pair and then upgrade - that didn't work either.
When I connect my phone / tablet to the RC, the device detects the RC and displays an RC Connected icon on the DJI Go 4 app.
I managed to connect the phone /tablet to the drone itself into camera view and also fly the drone with the smart device without the RC. However, that is very inconvenient.
I have to mention that this is a recent thing. I previously managed to connect the drone to both the phone (LG G5) AND the tablet (Galaxy Tab S3). Since then two things happend: I moved to a different country (France), and may have updated software.

As I said, I tried all the standard pairing methods on the DJI Manaual so no point in focusing on those anymore.

Please help!!
2019-1-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day RedPanda. I am sorry to know that you are having issues in pairing the  DJI Mavic Air using your with the RC using your mobile devices ( LG G5 and Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 ). Have you tried to use a different mobile device that is recommended for your DJI MavicAir? Upon checking the mobile devices that you are using the LG G5 and Samsung Galaxy Tab S3. I am sorry to say that these mobile devices that you are using is still not recommended for your DJI Mavic Air. Actually, there is a  possibility that the LG G5 and Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the DJI Go 4 application if this will work all the time while using these specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem. Thank you.

2019-1-26
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say you’re RC is broken and needs to be replaced... I would send it in.
2019-1-26
Use props
RedPanda
lvl.1
France

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-26 09:18
Hello and good day RedPanda. I am sorry to know that you are having issues in pairing the  DJI Mavic Air using your with the RC using your mobile devices ( LG G5 and Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 ). Have you tried to use a different mobile device that is recommended for your DJI MavicAir? Upon checking the mobile devices that you are using the LG G5 and Samsung Galaxy Tab S3. I am sorry to say that these mobile devices that you are using is still not recommended for your DJI Mavic Air. Actually, there is a  possibility that the LG G5 and Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the DJI Go 4 application if this will work all the time while using these specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem. Thank you.

[view_image]

I haven't tried with other devices, but the thing is that  the phone does detect the RC. It shows an 'RC Connected' icon. plus, it already worked in the past with the very same phone and tablet.
Thus I don't think it's a compatibility issue of the smart devices (phone/tablet) but rather assume it's a firmware issue of the RC.

Please help..!!
2019-1-26
Use props
RedPanda
lvl.1
France

Oracle Miata Posted at 1-26 09:27
I’m gonna go out on a limb and say you’re RC is broken and needs to be replaced... I would send it in.

I'll do that if the would be no other choice...
2019-1-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

RedPanda Posted at 1-26 09:51
I haven't tried with other devices, but the thing is that  the phone does detect the RC. It shows an 'RC Connected' icon. plus, it already worked in the past with the very same phone and tablet.
Thus I don't think it's a compatibility issue of the smart devices (phone/tablet) but rather assume it's a firmware issue of the RC.

Thank you for the additional information you have given. For us to isolate the issue are you able to use a different mobile device for us to see and check the issue on hand will be resolve and also for us to know if you need to send the unit in for repair.
2019-1-26
Use props
RedPanda
lvl.1
France

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-26 10:51
Thank you for the additional information you have given. For us to isolate the issue are you able to use a different mobile device for us to see and check the issue on hand will be resolve and also for us to know if you need to send the unit in for repair.

Ok
will try
2019-1-26
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

I have had similar issue with my lg. It worked for a year. 1 day I update and no more. Try a friend or fam member phone or pad  before sending in remote. Good luck
2019-1-26
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
lvl.4
United States

I have had similar issue with my lg. It worked for a year. 1 day I update and no more. Try a friend or fam member phone or pad  before sending in remote. Good luck
2019-1-26
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
lvl.4
United States

2019-1-26
Use props
RedPanda
lvl.1
France

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-26 10:51
Thank you for the additional information you have given. For us to isolate the issue are you able to use a different mobile device for us to see and check the issue on hand will be resolve and also for us to know if you need to send the unit in for repair.

Hello,

I'm both happy and sorry: you were right. I was able to pair the remote with another phone that is on the supported devices list published by DJI. So the RC isn't broken, it's a software issue. On the other hand, it worked until now! totally sucks
2019-1-29
Use props
RedPanda
lvl.1
France

RedPanda Posted at 1-29 11:36
Hello,

I'm both happy and sorry: you were right. I was able to pair the remote with another phone that is on the supported devices list published by DJI. So the RC isn't broken, it's a software issue. On the other hand, it worked until now! totally sucks

Tried with another phone that was on the "compatible" list of DJI. It worked. Thanks for the reply!
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

RedPanda Posted at 1-29 11:36
Hello,

I'm both happy and sorry: you were right. I was able to pair the remote with another phone that is on the supported devices list published by DJI. So the RC isn't broken, it's a software issue. On the other hand, it worked until now! totally sucks

Thank you for the update RedPanda. If you have any other inquiries or concerns. Kindly please post it here at DJI Forum for us to help you. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules