Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Update issues
1395 8 2019-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_jBXOnzT6p8Z1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Repeatedly tried to update latest version for waypoints.

I first updated the App to make sure I have the latest version.

All I get after each repeated attempt (after re-starting);

'Update failed. Restart the equipment and try again later.
Reason. Network disconnected. Reconnect to continue downloading'

My network is fine and updated fly zones without issues.

Anyone know why?

Cheers
2019-1-26
Use props
Sato Zoom 2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3172890 ft
United States

Most reliable way to update is with DJI Assistant 2 and a PC.  I read on a FB forum that if no PC is available, you can touch and hold the upper right corner button on the Go 4 app main screen and the screen will change to a firmware update  page. Mine shows downgrade available only I believe because I've already upgraded with Assistant 2.......... I have NOT tried this myself but the guy who shared this info said it worked great.....
2019-1-26
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Sato Zoom 2 Posted at 1-26 07:14
Most reliable way to update is with DJI Assistant 2 and a PC.  I read on a FB forum that if no PC is available, you can touch and hold the upper right corner button on the Go 4 app main screen and the screen will change to a firmware update  page. Mine shows downgrade available only I believe because I've already upgraded with Assistant 2.......... I have NOT tried this myself but the guy who shared this info said it worked great.....
[view_image][view_image]

Thank you sato zoom 2
2019-1-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day *DM*. If you have any other concerns or inquiry with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help you. Thank you.
2019-1-26
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Sato Zoom 2 Posted at 1-26 07:14
[view_image][view_image]

Ok, managed to install DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic by disabling all security software (why?!) as Bitdefender flagged the software as a Trojan ... and update aircraft successfully. Thanks again Sato Zoom.
Still dont know why this couldnt have been done through the DJI 4 Go app.
What if the owner is travelling and has no access to a pc/laptop??

2019-1-27
Use props
karlp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 144190 ft
South Africa

There are also multiple reports of updates failing with DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic - if this happens, apparently you should just try again.

I had a success rate of about 10% myself.
2019-1-27
Use props
kk07
lvl.1
United States

This is beyond ridiculous. DJI needs to get their acts together and fix this update issue that lots of android users are facing. I am hitting the same update failed error. I will try what Sato Zoom 2 suggested.

I have no access to a pc (DJI needs to stop telling people to go use the pc Assistant 2 software whenever people hits this error via the android app. I am traveling and didn't bring my laptop.
2019-1-28
Use props
kk07
lvl.1
United States

A follow-up. I tried what Sato Zoom 2 suggested (long press on that 3 horizontal bars, select the previous version (to downgrade my controller firmware so that it matches the drone firmware), hit Download. It failed. I tried several times (several restarts), no success.

It is nice to see that feature where you can downgrade but it doesn't work on my android phone (pixel with the latest android OS). Com'on...I could *forgive* the discoverability of this new feature if it were working!!
First of all, why would you hide this useful feature behind that stupid long press? NO ONE will find that out unless they bump into that screenshot. Ok. But then it DOES NOT WORK!

Here is my screenshot of this thing failing.

2019-1-30
Use props
Pyramid
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Same problem here... failed update continuously
2019-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules