Is DJI planning on releasing update to the Mavic Air with OcuSync?
19008 102 2019-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cepheroh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1691959 ft

Singapore

djiuser_7sFs0UKqtz47 Posted at 5-22 02:11
Can I use the new flight controller with built in display with my Mavic Pro Platinum?

No you can't, its only compatible with Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom/Enterprise..
2019-6-7
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cutis Posted at 5-19 14:57
The transception (meaning bi-directional communication between drone and rc), called occusync will burn more heat costing battery taxation.
It is burning precious battery energy doing myriads of duties hunting and auctioneering best method for dedicated undisrupted flow of information bi-directionally (either side has transmit and receive capability)

Yes, OcuSync does drain the battery faster.
2019-6-7
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

So occusync foundation rests upon cluttered environmental infringe upon govt's prescript of focal frequency.

So, govt is endorsing cluttered continuance & the hogging of battery overcoming congest penetrate.

why not renegade govt prescript of frequency?

govt involve is to control interfere from radiators, not receptors listening.

isn't there renegade frequency immune of interfere ?
2019-6-7
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

It looks like higher frequencies cost more energy to transmit however it benefits greater signal performance averting outage from lost connection.
higher frequency range is diminished in comparison to low frequency e.g., am radio broadcasts.

maybe entity will next marvel transmit receive schema called "variable frequency transmission", where the transmit frequency is intelligently (ai?) varied over its designed range of frequency output as optimally prescribed by processing unit (cpu) fed with the necessary sourced information gathered.
2019-6-9
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cutis Posted at 6-7 14:15
So occusync foundation rests upon cluttered environmental infringe upon govt's prescript of focal frequency.

So, govt is endorsing cluttered continuance & the hogging of battery overcoming congest penetrate.

All radio transmissions do
2019-6-9
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

AJC-W Posted at 6-9 12:29
All radio transmissions do

Well then, quite a current shortcoming. Bigger energy package is the only remedy.
Makes me wonder if dark drones custom link frequencies are actually succeeding immunity from bulk of congest
2019-6-10
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cutis Posted at 6-10 19:17
Well then, quite a current shortcoming. Bigger energy package is the only remedy.
Makes me wonder if dark drones custom link frequencies are actually succeeding immunity from bulk of congest

OcuSync does seem to cut through congested frequencies far more effectively than DJI's other transmission systems.
2019-6-10
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

Ocusync enlarges the girth but users ultimately desire girth reduction.
Looks like breakthrough transception must be forthcoming knowing bulk congest has saturated current transception schemes employed. Trouble is how to do the scheme without burning up so much resource (cpu, battery, sensory, algorithms,  etc)
2019-6-11
Use props
DuneBuggy
lvl.2

United States

cutis Posted at 6-11 12:16
Looks like breakthrough transception must be forthcoming knowing bulk congest has saturated current transception schemes employed. Trouble is how to do the scheme without burning up so much resource (cpu, battery, sensory, algorithms,  etc)

Your gibberish makes me laugh.
2019-6-18
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cutis Posted at 6-11 12:16

Enlarges the girth eh? Sorry I sold mine now!
2019-6-18
Use props
beeber
lvl.1

Poland

Hello everybody!
Are there some news on date of Mavic Air 2 release? I need to buy my first drone and think that second version would suit me for long time.
2019-6-21
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

cutis Posted at 5-19 14:57
The transception (meaning bi-directional communication between drone and rc), called occusync will burn more heat costing battery taxation.
It is burning precious battery energy doing myriads of duties hunting and auctioneering best method for dedicated undisrupted flow of information bi-directionally (either side has transmit and receive capability)

very true.
2019-6-22
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

beeber Posted at 6-21 01:10
Hello everybody!
Are there some news on date of Mavic Air 2 release? I need to buy my first drone and think that second version would suit me for long time.

Nothing of recent but I think DJI would likely need to lower the price of the first Mavic Air for it to become a possibility.
2019-6-22
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I'd guess we're not seeing such an announcement this August 13th??..
2019-8-11
Use props
Optimus_Prime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

I wish DJI can bring Osmo Pocket camera and gimbal to Mavic Air.
2019-8-11
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Optimus_Prime Posted at 8-11 04:19
I wish DJI can bring Osmo Pocket camera and gimbal to Mavic Air.

We might see that incorporation in a later Mavic Air refresh perhaps DJI may decide to release sometime during this year? I wouldn't be surprised to see that...
2019-8-11
Use props
Optimus_Prime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-11 19:04
We might see that incorporation in a later Mavic Air refresh perhaps DJI may decide to release sometime during this year? I wouldn't be surprised to see that...

I hope so. Only the size quite big of M2P hold me back also MA did not fail me once so I decided keep it for longer
2019-8-12
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Optimus_Prime Posted at 8-12 01:29
I hope so. Only the size quite big of M2P hold me back also MA did not fail me once so I decided keep it for longer

Glad to hear that the MA is working out well for you. The M2P, I have the M2Z, is not really all-in-all that big, it's a little bigger than the original Mavic Pro, but it has a small form factor as well.
2019-8-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-11 19:04

Might be worth a watch

2019-8-14
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I think Dylan is probably being conservative by saying we won't see any drones the remainder of this year, especially now that this leak surfaced to what I expect to be the Spark 2. Given whenever there's photo leaks of an upcoming DJI new drone, the actual release happened shortly thereafter. The Mavic Air images I recall were released two days/day before the release on January 28th New York unveiling, the Mavic 2 Pro images were leaked two weeks before what was expected to be the July 18th release but turned out to be 6 weeks early when the event was pushed back later to August 23rd, which remains the longest period of time of when an image leaked to when a new DJI drone was officially announced.

If we're looking at history repeating itself, we are not going to see an event following a leak as soon as the Mavic Air, but will we not see this new drone or Spark 2 as soon as by the end of September? (which would be 6 weeks from now). I suspect Dylan is perhaps being a bit overly too pessimistic - thinking this year is an off the table year for DJI to release a new drone, given judging from history and not just my own two cents (since I'm usually wrong). I too thought as Dylan prior to seeing the leaked images DJI was not going to release a new drone in 2019. Now that these leaked images have surfaced, I think this year we will see a DJI new drone release.
2019-8-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-14 16:22
Yes, I think Dylan is probably being conservative by saying we won't see any drones the remainder of this year, especially now that this leak surfaced to what I expect to be the Spark 2. Given whenever there's photo leaks of an upcoming DJI new drone, the actual release happened shortly thereafter. The Mavic Air images I recall were released two days/day before the release on January 28th New York unveiling, the Mavic 2 Pro images were leaked two weeks before what was expected to be the July 18th release but turned out to be 6 weeks early when the event was pushed back later to August 23rd, which remains the longest period of time of when an image leaked to when a new DJI drone was officially announced.

If we're looking at history repeating itself, we are not going to see an event following a leak as soon as the Mavic Air, but will we not see this new drone or Spark 2 as soon as by the end of September? (which would be 6 weeks from now). I suspect Dylan is perhaps being a bit overly too pessimistic - thinking this year is an off the table year for DJI to release a new drone, given judging from history and not just my own two cents (since I'm usually wrong). I too thought as Dylan prior to seeing the leaked images DJI was not going to release a new drone in 2019. Now that these leaked images have surfaced, I think this year we will see a DJI new drone release.

The leaked images are very similar in style to the Osmo mobile 3 leak, so i think we'll see it this year, probably in plenty of time for christmas.
2019-8-14
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-14 22:23
The leaked images are very similar in style to the Osmo mobile 3 leak, so i think we'll see it this year, probably in plenty of time for christmas.

I had a go at it a little more and thought about this new tiny Mavic look-alike and if anybody thinks about it, DJI has increased the battery weight as a percentage of the drone's total weight in each of its last few releases, with the Mavic 2 having the largest battery as a percentage to the overall weight of the drone at almost 30%.

Judging from the looks of this drone and the rumoured less than 250g weight, many said the weight will be 245g then I believe we'll see the battery weight then coming in at or almost 50% of the total weight of the drone, or I'd estimate 115g for the battery and 135g for the drone. It would appear DJI has managed to improve upon the technology of the Tello by minimizing the size and weight of its obstacle avoidance, mainboard, motors, and airframe altogether.

If this drone packs in that light of a form factor then I'd imagine it couldn't travel as fast as the Spark's top speed of 31mph, although I wouldn't be surprised if it just came in south of that perhaps at 26mph or 27mph? I pick that number because that is the speed at which the Mavic 2 travels at 26.7mph on its RTH, so DJI would create a drone that wouldn't sacrifice much in performance if its RTH speed can reach and equal its top speed of the same 26.7mph? Therefore, we'll probably see a drone fly at little less than performance of the heavier Spark, perhaps ~15 minutes flight time, 1 to 1.5 miles in range, with that top speed?
2019-8-15
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 770272 ft
Bangladesh

good initiative
2019-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules