Sudden crash times two
1909 22 2019-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yhodah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6637 ft
United States

Excited to get the new mavic 2 pro but on the second flight in my driveway the drone suddenly flipped and crashed into the concrete.  No apparent damage amazingly. The next few flights were fine and no annomolies. I did not call support.

Today after looking through many tutorials I went out into the field to do some programmed video shots in a grassland area. I moved the drone into an open area and brought it down to about 30 feet. I started walking over to do some spiral shots and the drone suddenly flipped and powered upside down into the ground. I am seeing a few other posts. I activated the refresh program before powering on and the first flight.

I am fortunate to have video.

So far the Mavic assist cannot download my flightlogs.  Says error.

Ken
2019-1-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello, we are sorry to hear about that unfortunate event. I highly suggest sending the drone for data analysis and so for us to fix it. You may start up a case online: https://repair.dji.com. You can also contact our support team by dialing +1 (818) 235 0789 for further assistance. Thank you.
2019-1-26
Use props
Yhodah
lvl.1
United States

I am very happy I was not under the drone on that powered drop.  I really think I need a new drone sent out. Will contact support I guess on monday. I had plans for the system next week.
2019-1-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Yhodah Posted at 1-26 11:27
I am very happy I was not under the drone on that powered drop.  I really think I need a new drone sent out. Will contact support I guess on monday. I had plans for the system next week.

Thank you for the additional information you have provided us. Please keep us posted on the said situation for us to help you further. Thank you for your support.
2019-1-26
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welp thats terrifying. I share your sentiment about not being under the aircraft when it did this. I hope you are able to resolve this soon and get back up in the air.
2019-1-26
Use props
fans725d2aba
lvl.2

Puerto Rico

Honestly since my last firmware update i have experimented controller low signal.  even at 100 ft from the drone and this has been happening since the last update yesterday
2019-1-26
Use props
Yhodah
lvl.1
United States

Have started a bug report and have a shipping label. Uploaded the log files. On the replay in the DJ4 app it shows the mavic spin at the end of the flight then gimbal overload then motor obstruction as it was on its back in the mud.....  
2019-1-26
Use props
Eggie
lvl.2

Puerto Rico

Im even affraid to fly mine. I will try it again tomorrow as today was a terrible day experimenting low control signal bouncing.
2019-1-26
Use props
Eggie
lvl.2

Puerto Rico

Yhodah Posted at 1-26 16:07
Have started a bug report and have a shipping label. Uploaded the log files. On the replay in the DJ4 app it shows the mavic spin at the end of the flight then gimbal overload then motor obstruction as it was on its back in the mud.....

Im even affraid to fly mine. I will try it again tomorrow as today was a terrible day experimenting low control signal bouncing.
2019-1-26
Use props
Yhodah
lvl.1
United States

Had updated the software Friday and did not experience any signal issues. Flew it out a half mile or so. Just glad it did not fail that far away. After downloading some of the data and looking at it with online tools I am seeing some left front motor errors. HOPEFULLY it was just a motor failure.
2019-1-26
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

Wow . Crazy . Looks like you were almost landed when it happened. Good luck
2019-1-26
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2019-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You say you were going to preform some spiral moves , by any chance would you have preformed CSC ?

You can upload logs here just click on link and follow instructions come back here and post your link

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/4DRP16ZBZOLF0VK1LL8T
2019-1-27
Use props
Mike Swiss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2352749 ft
Switzerland

ok kinda scared now ^^ just did my last update and after seeing all these people having troubles with the drone i'm not sure i fly too far >.>
2019-1-27
Use props
Yhodah
lvl.1
United States

Well... looks like this is going to take a long time to resolve.  Off via ups and if I dont want to throw away one of my Care Refresh instances so I will have to await their pleasure.  I will just have to wait. Bummer. Not giving me a lot of warm and fuzzies DJI!  Guess they have to do something to save costs when someone steals 120 million from the company!
2019-1-28
Use props
ShermanFlyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

Scary, good luck
2019-1-28
Use props
Yhodah
lvl.1
United States

Returned it Monday. So far no news.  Lots else to do so I will wait.
2019-2-3
Use props
Yhodah
lvl.1
United States

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... -mavic-2-pro.57345/  Data is available here with some dissection of possible cause. With the video I think I can show I was clear of obstruction.  Looks like the rear right motor obstructed for some reason. I think the video clearly shows I did not hit an obstruction.  
2019-2-3
Use props
Yhodah
lvl.1
United States

That is until it hit the ground......  life is good....  It did not hit me!
2019-2-3
Use props
Yhodah
lvl.1
United States

Have found cam footage of the first failure. Clearly shows the right rear prop not spinning.....
2019-2-3
Use props
Yhodah
lvl.1
United States

Thank goodness for my surveillance camera.  
2019-2-3
Use props
Yhodah
lvl.1
United States

Dji will cover it under warranty but no word on the actual cause.  
2019-2-6
Use props
Roy Rogers
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

Yhodah Posted at 2-6 16:52
Dji will cover it under warranty but no word on the actual cause.

Left rear motor failure . Sorry this happened to ya man
2019-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules