Custom belt case for DJI Osmo Pocket
2576 18 2019-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WORFTX
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Found this flaslight belt case on Amazon that works well for carrying the DJI Osmo Pocket in its carrying case.  Case isn't sealed, but this is a MOLLE-style case that has many options for attaching to belts or other bags.  I modified the case a bit. Shortened the clasp strap, added a tiny velcro pocket to store my DOP lightning connector and another slim pocket to store extra microSD case with SD reader.  Now, just need to wait for charging case to come out to find a similar case.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Curious what everyone else thinks of this idea. For me it make the DOP real handy.  I carry it all the time as it looks like I am carrying a flashlight.  

Custom DOP belt case (Front)

Custom DOP belt case (Front)

back of case

back of case

Case closed with DOP inside

Case closed with DOP inside

Case with DOP loaded

Case with DOP loaded
2019-1-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day WORFTX. Thank you for sharing this case. It is very innovative.
2019-1-26
Use props
WORFTX
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Thanks!  I always seem to tinker with these types of things.  
2019-1-26
Use props
WORFTX
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Here is a photo of how I am storing my DOP lightning connector on this custom case.

Lightning storage

Lightning storage
2019-1-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

WORFTX Posted at 1-26 12:31
Thanks!  I always seem to tinker with these types of things.

It is great to know that you are a very resourceful person. Two thumbs up to you WORFTX. Have a safe and happy filming always.
2019-1-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Cool but I like it in my pocket
2019-1-26
Use props
WORFTX
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-26 12:54
It is great to know that you are a very resourceful person. Two thumbs up to you WORFTX. Have a safe and happy filming always.

Waiting for the charging case, so I can get a case for that.
2019-1-26
Use props
WORFTX
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-26 13:03
Cool but I like it in my pocket

I did carry in my pocket at first, but I like the accessibility of a belt case and I made a place for my little connectors to a phone.   Practically everything is in one place. And these types of cases attach very well to shoulder and sling bags.   Now when the charging case comes out, I may ditch the belt case.

2019-1-26
Use props
Yanncd French yellow vest
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Génial (in French)
2019-1-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

WORFTX Posted at 1-26 14:19
Waiting for the charging case, so I can get a case for that.

As of the moment we still have no information when will the charging case for the DJI Osmo Pocket will be available. Rest assured once it is available it will be posted on our official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for choosing DJI.
2019-1-26
Use props
WORFTX
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-26 14:49
As of the moment we still have no information when will the charging case for the DJI Osmo Pocket will be available. Rest assured once it is available it will be posted on our official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for choosing DJI.

You tease us so much with what will be coming down the pipeline.  You might save some constant nagging about these new products by posting little tags on the upcoming products with at least a probably quarterly release.  Like saying the charger case should come out in 2Q 2019 give us something to wait, but gives DJI about a 3-month window to meet that schedule.  Or even saying Summer 2019 is like a 6-month window.  

Just a thought.
2019-1-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

WORFTX Posted at 1-26 14:22
I did carry in my pocket at first, but I like the accessibility of a belt case and I made a place for my little connectors to a phone.   Practically everything is in one place. And these types of cases attach very well to shoulder and sling bags.   Now when the charging case comes out, I may ditch the belt case.

Don’t get me wrong it’s a great option and acts as a good protector for both gimbal and OP and it’s case, I just have so many bags cases backpacks etc if my wife sees anymore gadgets coming in the door I’ll be out lol.
2019-1-26
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 1-26 15:33
Don’t get me wrong it’s a great option and acts as a good protector for both gimbal and OP and it’s case, I just have so many bags cases backpacks etc if my wife sees anymore gadgets coming in the door I’ll be out lol.

Lol I've threatened Miche anymore gadgets delivered by the postman and shes in trouble...... No its cool she said, its coming by DHL. NO ANSWER lol
2019-1-26
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Looks cool! Nicely done!
2019-1-27
Use props
Spazz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 86588 ft
United States

Vey innovative!  Nice!
2019-1-27
Use props
darrins
lvl.4
United States

You and me both! Lol
2019-1-27
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think my wife has given up on curtailing my toy acquisitions. Every  time UPS pulls up in front of the house she just grimaces and says 'What did you buy this time?'
2019-1-27
Use props
djiuser_ZsQkO42ozh8P
lvl.2
Netherlands

Looks great!
2019-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FatherXmas Posted at 1-27 10:50
I think my wife has given up on curtailing my toy acquisitions. Every  time UPS pulls up in front of the house she just grimaces and says 'What did you buy this time?'

As I’ve said before, I hope when I die my wife doesn’t sell my toys for the prices I told her I paid for them . Lol
2019-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules