Mavic in a car in the sun .
1115 11 2019-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dronegoals
lvl.2
Flight distance : 110036 ft
Netherlands

Can i leave my mavic , remote and the batteries in the car in the summer sun ? Or will it be to hot in the car . Im visiting florida in may and visited also some themeparks . So i cant not bring my mavic inside the parks . Must leave it in the car or apartment.
I really want to have it the whole holiday on me dont know what the days will bring .

Hope you understand my english isnt that good .
2019-1-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Dronegoals. Thank you for that information. Leaving the drone inside the car might have an effect on the drone itself. The drone is made part plastic. We all know what happens when plastic and heat come together. Heat might also affect the internal components of the drone. I will also post a link on the DJI battery safety guidelines for guidance. Always put into mind safety first. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... tery+Safety+Guides+(EN).pdf
2019-1-26
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would say leave it at the apartment/hotel, your car will exceed the batteries max temperature very quickly.
2019-1-26
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i wouldn't leave it in a car on a mild summer day.. on a hot summer day no way..

you can but the risks of damaging the batteries shoots up dramatically.   battery could be damaged in a number of ways like membrane perforation between layers which will increase internal resistance and basically will rapidly kill the cell it happened in or the entire pack if that 1 cell gets too weak.  cell outgassing causing bloated cells which could rupture or damage housing of the battery or the drone itself if its snapped into it.. etc tec.. worst case, however unlikely is it may burst and cause a fire during an explosive venting.   lithium fires arent very nice..while people like to think their lithium fire bags for their batteries will protect them if they ever do go nuclear, no guarantee that it will specially if the battery bursts as it go into thermal runaway may blow the bag apart or cut a hole in it as all the heat maybe concentrated in 1 spot.

if you are going into theme parks or whatever i suggest leaving the drone and the accessories in hotel/at friends place or ask if the theme park has lockers you can rent,  a lot of theme parks i been to do in fact offer rental lockers upon request... sadly many of which lock isn't included because who knows why ...so consider bringing a half decent padlock with you just in case...
2019-1-26
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

I hate to say this but theft from a car is also possible in popular tourist locations.  If you decide it is safe to leave in the hot car, leave it in the trunk and do not open the trunk at your destination.  Pack it in the truck before getting there.
2019-1-27
Use props
Dronegoals
lvl.2
Netherlands

Thanks for the feedback !

I'll leave him at the apartment .
2019-1-27
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

Dronegoals Posted at 1-27 09:20

Apt is best bet ! As much as I hate to say it, I’m in FL. A lot of car break in here. It would suck to have stolen   Just saying.
Best of luck and great holiday
2019-1-27
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
United States

Apt is best bet ! As much as I hate to say it, I’m in FL. A lot of car break in here. It would suck to have stolen   Just saying.
2019-1-27
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
United States

2019-1-27
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ice chest in the trunk..but I wouldn’t leave mine in a car at an amusement park....
2019-1-27
Use props
Dronegoals
lvl.2
Netherlands

GroTToFlyeR Posted at 1-27 09:23

Maybe you know some good drone spots ? Im staying in kissimmee . Thats a no fly zone , right ?
The B4Ufly app doesnt work right now because im in the Netherlands.. So i cant check it out .
2019-1-27
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
United States

Dronegoals Posted at 1-27 09:27
Maybe you know some good drone spots ? Im staying in kissimmee . Thats a no fly zone , right ?
The B4Ufly app doesnt work right now because im in the Netherlands.. So i cant check it out .

I live in South Florida a few hours south of kissimmee. I am near ft laud airport . I can still fly , I just have to check off a pop up that appears that I agree to fly at my own risk and obey rules basically . I think airport up there is about same distance so you should be fine I think. Just be careful. I never actually took my drone up there so not sure of a place off hand to recommend, but I’m sure some of the others up that way can. You maybe able to spend some time at some Disney resorts and fly around there. There are many cool 1s with big open areas of woods and gardens
2019-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules