Something wrong with my Spark?
1352 14 2019-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans597c88f4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10207 ft
United States

Today I flew my drone just for a few minutes outside. Mid flight the compass started having problems and the drone started to drift away. Luckily it recovered and I was able to bring it back to my area but then ended up hitting a tree. The drone seems to be fine right now other then I have to replace the props but not a big deal. This is the 3rd time I’m had a compass error that almost ended my Spark. Idk what I’m doing wrong or if I should get it repaired/replaced. I have calibrated the drone and still didn’t fix the issue. I’m afraid to fly it at this point. Absolutely love the drone but this is a scary situation for me. Please help
2019-1-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry to know what happened to your previous flights with your DJI Spark. This is not the experience we want you to have with DJI. Since this issue happened please contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support for us to help you further. Thank you.

2019-1-26
Use props
fans597c88f4
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-26 16:44
Hello and good day. I am sorry to know what happened to your previous flights with your DJI Spark. This is not the experience we want you to have with DJI. Since this issue happened please contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support for us to help you further. Thank you.

[view_image]

First thing Monday I plan to contact DJI. Thank you
2019-1-26
Use props
MavSpa_user
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

did you flew in Sports mode?
2019-1-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans597c88f4 Posted at 1-26 17:01
First thing Monday I plan to contact DJI. Thank you

You are most welcome. If you need further assistance with your case, please feel free t contact us. Thanks for your support.
2019-1-27
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

If it's possible, please upload your flight log and give us a link.
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/Upload/
2019-1-27
Use props
Spark1108
lvl.1
United States

MavSpa_user Posted at 1-27 00:55
did you flew in Sports mode?

It wasn’t in sports mode until after it went crazy and I recovered it. I wanted to show my brother how fast it was able to go. As I realize after crashing I should have waited lol
2019-1-27
Use props
Spark1108
lvl.1
United States

Lysak2003 Posted at 1-27 07:20

I will upload the flight log shortly, when I’m around a computer.
2019-1-27
Use props
Spark1108
lvl.1
United States

Lysak2003 Posted at 1-27 07:20

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/AZMZ7SUK5AGP5IEBR733/

here is from my most recent flight, i have a couple others that had a similar issue but in a diffent location.
2019-1-27
Use props
Spark1108
lvl.1
United States

Spark1108 Posted at 1-27 17:03
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/AZMZ7SUK5AGP5IEBR733/

here is from my most recent flight, i have a couple others that had a similar issue but in a diffent location.

Please keep in mind, I was responsible for the crash at the end. My concern is as to why the drone started drifting away uncontrollably... Just thankful it eventually recovered. Don't ever want to experience this gut wrenching feeling again lol
2019-1-27
Use props
bugalugs22
lvl.2
Flight distance : 67684 ft
Australia

Spark1108 Posted at 1-27 17:07
Please keep in mind, I was responsible for the crash at the end. My concern is as to why the drone started drifting away uncontrollably... Just thankful it eventually recovered. Don't ever want to experience this gut wrenching feeling again lol

Dude. I'm not an expert here by any means but you had a compass error within the first few seconds.. that would have flashed up on the display right away.

That's when you land the AC immediately. Recalibrate and shift to a new launch site checking to avoid large metal objects.

I have to say however that this is a common error. Lots of people are reporting this even if you are really cautious and experienced. Maybe there are spark hardware out in the wild with a bad batch of compass. Who knows?
2019-1-27
Use props
Spark1108
lvl.1
United States

bugalugs22 Posted at 1-27 17:53
Dude. I'm not an expert here by any means but you had a compass error within the first few seconds.. that would have flashed up on the display right away.

That's when you land the AC immediately. Recalibrate and shift to a new launch site checking to avoid large metal objects.

I understand what your saying, I'm relatively new to all of this so i'm still learning. My eyes were on the AC and not my screen, once I did look down it showed no errors until further into the flight. lessoned learned there but still mid air problems are scary. ATTI mode is no problem for me if i can actually control the AC but once it started having the issues, I literally had no control.
2019-1-27
Use props
Spark1108
lvl.1
United States

After having a couple compass problems in different flights and different locations should I re-calibrate the compass even though i'm not prompted to do so? I now will practice pre flight checklist to help prevent problems but would like to know everything I can do to prevent future mishaps.
2019-1-27
Use props
bugalugs22
lvl.2
Flight distance : 67684 ft
Australia

Spark1108 Posted at 1-27 18:06
After having a couple compass problems in different flights and different locations should I re-calibrate the compass even though i'm not prompted to do so? I now will practice pre flight checklist to help prevent problems but would like to know everything I can do to prevent future mishaps.

Yep do the preflight checks. Ive been doing this also but still had compass issues over a park in perfect conditions. I used the app to log a fault direct to DJI where I guess they get access to the logs but havent had a response in over a week.
2019-1-28
Use props
MavSpa_user
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Looking at your log, first of all do a take off in center of the field, not in front of your house where a lot of interference was.
Second by seeing compass error or yaw errors land immediately. Reboot AC in a different place and take off ,do a small area flight and check if you have the same errors, yes then calibrate.
In Sport avoid agressive turns or circles, it fuck up your compass and get yaw errors.
why the drone started drifting away uncontrollably? is because of the ATTI mode,yaw errors/imu errors
2019-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules