803 6 2019-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mediabymartin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1344186 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been flying for over 3 years (Phantom3pro, Inspire 2 and Mavic Air)....always heard about flyaways but never experienced one....
Well, over the xmas holidays I went flying in Montana in a a wide open area and at a distance of about 200 feet my Mavic Air decided to take off on its own, landed on somebody's roof and was unrecoverale to to the location and the amount of snow.....

I reached out to DJI, supplied all the info they requested (including flightlog) and 2 weeks into it they determined that this was some kind of malfunction/not pilot error.
And since the drone was less than 1 year old they are replacing it under warranty !

I wanted to share this positive story as there is always lots of complaining about DJI, whether it is about buggy firmware upgrades or repair issues.

Thank you DJI

martin

2019-1-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day martin. Thank you for sharing your experience with DJI. Rest assured that we are doing our best to help and give out the best customer service possible. Thank you for your support.
2019-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job great news.
2019-1-27
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fantastic! So far, I've been happy with DJI support, had a couple of times it was difficult to get them to understand what I was saying, but in the end, it worked out.
2019-1-27
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

Nice to hear a bad story with good ending.
2019-1-27
Use props
Roy Rogers
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

Thanks for reporting good customer service
2019-1-27
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia