Updates
511 7 2019-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

I just updated to the latest firmware but had to use DJI Assistant 2/laptop to do so. I couldn't use the DJI Go 4 app on my Android, it refused to to do the update.

Is that so because of Android?

I am wondering if that happens in 'the field', out for the day or travelling further/abroad how folks get sround this issue if no PC etc is readily available?

What updates can we do through Android/Go4 and for which ones do we require A2?
2019-1-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day *DM*. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue. May I know what is the exact model of the android mobile device that you are using please? Thank you.
2019-1-27
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hi

I use a Samsung Note 8. Not had any problems either with flying or doing smaller updates.

Today was the first time it did not allow me to update. (New waypoint firmware).

Thanks
2019-1-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you for the quick response *DM*. The DJI Go 4 V4.3.12 for Android has been released in phases meaning it will depend on the region where you at. This could be the reason why you are having issues in updating. Keep in touch for further updates. Thank you for your support.
2019-1-27
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

the FW updates arent needed so if your out in the field flying for the day and get a FW update required banner you can ignore it and continue flying until you decided you want to update.
2019-1-27
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-27 08:50
Thank you for the quick response *DM*. The DJI Go 4 V4.3.12 for Android has been released in phases meaning it will depend on the region where you at. This could be the reason why you are having issues in updating. Keep in touch for further updates. Thank you for your support.

Thanks, that makes sense.

Any idea when this will appear in the UK?
2019-1-27
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
United Kingdom

TruGreen Posted at 1-27 08:52
the FW updates arent needed so if your out in the field flying for the day and get a FW update required banner you can ignore it and continue flying until you decided you want to update.

Great. Cheers
2019-1-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

*DM* Posted at 1-27 09:29
Thanks, that makes sense.

Any idea when this will appear in the UK?

As of the moment *DM* we do not have any information when will it appear in the UK. Kindly please visit our official website at www.dji.com for the latest updates. Thank you for your patience and support.
2019-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules