Microsoft Image Composite Editor (ICE)
2774 11 2019-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chicken_Butt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175518 ft
United States

I have a 360 pano that is not stitching all 46 images correctly.  Has anyone had any luck with the 'structured panorama' mode instead of 'simple'?  If so, what settings did you use?

Alternatively, is there another way to stitch?  Spark processing stitched all 46, but there were a few minor alignment errors that ICE seems to fix, but leaves a pretty large gap.

thanks
2019-1-27
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

There is gazillion of stitching tools.... some prefer ICE... some maybe Hugin (http://hugin.sourceforge.net/)
2019-1-28
Use props
Putzfrau
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26896 ft
Sweden

I also have a couple of 360 pano's that won't stitch correctly no matter what I try.
The common thing about them is that they were captured in pretty high winds. So I assume the little Spark was knocked about too much during capture, resulting in these "gaps".

Maybe the same for you? Was it a windy day?
2019-1-28
Use props
djiuser_DM7YZmMkRAd4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1535 ft
Poland

Try Affinity Photo
2019-1-28
Use props
spookster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

hugin can stitch with manual control points. it takes a lot of time to prep for stitching and stitching itself is very slow, but that would be the road i would take if had trouble with stitching anything in ms ice.
2019-1-28
Use props
Chicken_Butt
lvl.4
United States

Thanks all for the replies.  I'm downloading Hugin now and will report back.  Doubtful wind was the issue.  This was over water and likely not enough detail in the water shots.  Affinity Photo cannot stitch 360 Pano.
2019-1-28
Use props
Chicken_Butt
lvl.4
United States

See screenshot.  If we know the path the Spark follows to create the 46 photos we could specify the stitching recipe.  Which might result in greater likelihood of a fully stitched pano.
2019-1-28
Use props
Chicken_Butt
lvl.4
United States

No luck with Hugin.  Too difficult to define control points in the water.
2019-1-28
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Chicken_Butt Posted at 1-28 17:51
No luck with Hugin.  Too difficult to define control points in the water.

Huh, tough stuff... Now I will be curious to see if there is automated tool at all that can figure puzzle out as it seems even human assisted one has hard times with your specific shots.
2019-1-29
Use props
Chicken_Butt
lvl.4
United States

Chicken_Butt Posted at 1-28 15:50
[view_image]

See screenshot.  If we know the path the Spark follows to create the 46 photos we could specify the stitching recipe.  Which might result in greater likelihood of a fully stitched pano.

DJI Moderator, your developer that maintains the in-drone stitching program likely has some good tips and advice to offer here.  Can you forward this to them to get a response?  thanks
2019-1-29
Use props
Chicken_Butt
lvl.4
United States

DJI Media Maker was able to stitch with minor alignment issues.  Very simple, basic program.  Lower resolution/quality result.  But at least it worked.  
2019-2-2
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Chicken_Butt Posted at 2-2 07:39
DJI Media Maker was able to stitch with minor alignment issues.  Very simple, basic program.  Lower resolution/quality result.  But at least it worked.

I bet that tool uses some proprietary metadata. Anyways, at least it worked.
2019-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules