Does the controller wheel work when phone connected via cable?
745 10 2019-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Action Al
lvl.2
Australia

Hi, Am considering the purchase of the controller wheel as I like the concept of easier gimbal control when using the OP without a phone connected as find the onscreen RHS slide control small to use.I regularly use my OP connected via a cable to my iPhone which provides better gimbal control and picture framing.
So my question is, does the controller wheel still control the gimbal when phone connected via cable?

2019-1-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, thanks for the inquiry. Regarding your concern, the controller wheel will possibly work if you connect your iPhone via a wireless module.  I hope this helps. Thank you.
2019-1-27
Use props
Action Al
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-27 14:18
Hi there, thanks for the inquiry. Regarding your concern, the controller wheel will possibly work if you connect your iPhone via a wireless module.  I hope this helps. Thank you.

Ok thanks got that..via wireless module.... but will it still work when iphone connected via a cable, (its a genuine iPhone cable that works fine when connecting OP to iPhone X).
2019-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Action Al Posted at 1-27 14:27
Ok thanks got that..via wireless module.... but will it still work when iphone connected via a cable, (its a genuine iPhone cable that works fine when connecting OP to iPhone X).

Simple answer I’ve just tried it and it works fine.
2019-1-27
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-27 14:18

Natalia, your answer is correct, but this is not what Action Al is trying to achieve. Please read his post again ...
2019-1-27
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Yes, it does, but not thru wireless adapter attached. The Lightning-to- USB C cable must be plugged directly to OP bottom. You can, however, use the wheel and monitor the image wirelessly, as Natalia mentioned above.
2019-1-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Action Al Posted at 1-27 14:27

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Do you mean you will connect your iPhone on the button port on the Osmo Pocket while the controller wheel is connected too? If yes, we cannot guarantee if this would be possible. I will forward it to our R&D department for further clarification.
2019-1-27
Use props
Action Al
lvl.2
Australia

Hi,
Yes,  I plan to connect my iPhone into the button port on the Osmo Pocket while the controller wheel is connected and move the gimbal via the controller wheel, while viewing image on iPhone.
Will this work?
2019-1-27
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

Action Al Posted at 1-27 19:16
Hi,
Yes,  I plan to connect my iPhone into the button port on the Osmo Pocket while the controller wheel is connected and move the gimbal via the controller wheel, while viewing image on iPhone.
Will this work?

I guess you mean the "bottom" port right?  This is where the confusion comes since there's no way to connect a cable on the top while you're using the controller wheel.  Otherwise,  DJI Natalia was correct about the WIFI module.  
2019-1-28
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Action Al Posted at 1-27 19:16
Hi,
Yes,  I plan to connect my iPhone into the button port on the Osmo Pocket while the controller wheel is connected and move the gimbal via the controller wheel, while viewing image on iPhone.
Will this work?

Yes it does.  I just connected an OP with controller wheel attached to an iPad via the bottom OP port using a lighting to usb-c cable and was able to control tilt and pan with the wheel while viewing the OP camera on my iPad in the DJI Mimo app.
2019-1-28
Use props
Action Al
lvl.2
Australia

Rippa!!!
Thanks Joemar7 ... & if I had more carefully read the earlier response from Matthew.D, he had also answered my query....guess I was a bit thrown by the response from Admin...
So yes have iPhone connected via cable to the USB-C connector in the bottom of the OP and as we know the screen on the OP shuts down and image displays on the phone.
I was seeking confirmation, which I have now recieved from these two Gentlemen, that if I fitted the control wheel accessory to the OP I would be able to control the gimbal via my thumb while viewing the image on my phone.
Thanks Folk.

2019-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules