Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dead Mavic :(
1311 10 2019-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fergatron
lvl.2
Australia

Oh guys,

I flew my Mavic for the first time in ages this morning. Beautiful still Australia Day holiday.

Was out at my local RC flying field and thought I would test out a few Quickshots (I usually fly manually). Dronie worked fine then decided to do a Helix and I got the "downward facing sensor error" (which I have had before exactly 12 months ago) so I brought her back in and did an IMU calibration and things seemed to work again so I did a Helix and then a Rocket successfully then I ran out of battery just as I was about to have a crack at POI.

Landed, swapped over battery, flew back out to do a POI and then noticed the flaming rear light had turned red so decided to fly her straight back in and it started doing the weird rubbish it was doing to me last year where when you press up on your stick it just keeps ascending without stopping and then as soon as you press down on the stick it goes straight into "landing" mode from any altitude so this required quite a bit of skill to land without damaging the drone because I basically had to go up and down up and down until I as centred as I could be on the mat.

Decided to do another iMU calibration with the new battery in it and then after restart the Mavic wouldn't even start up. I got all the lights on the battery and no boot up so I fear the motherboard is fried. Any thoughts out there?

Last time I had IMU probs I asked DJI to just replace the sensors not replace the whole drone now I regret that. I think possibly the motherboard has been faulty all along. I still have DJI Refresh but obviously as this is second time round I only get one shot at a replacement.

Look forward to hearing if any of you guys have experienced same issue.

Cheers,
Anna
P.S. Can you have dodgy batteries that short out the motherboard I wonder?  Because each time I've sent the Mavic back (twice so far) I've not sent the batteries with it (as DJI instructs).

2019-1-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello, we are sorry to hear about that unfortunate event. Can you please upload a sample video of the issue so that we can check it on our end? You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thank you.
2019-1-27
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Sorry to read that buddy
2019-1-28
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Sorry to hear this.  I like how you explain that the quad will not power on anymore, and the DJI admin sends you instructions on how to calibrate the IMU and hook to DJI assistant. Little hard to do if the unit won't power on.
2019-1-31
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to read this. Hopefully they give you something more than an IMU vid.
2019-1-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Fergatron, we are sorry to read on your unpleasant experience. I managed to check the status of your product and fortunately, it is still within the warranty period. It means, you still have an option to send it in for repair without using your remaining replacement balance from your DJI Care Refresh plan. You can contact our support team by using this link: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav Kindly tap on "Reply" to make sure I can receive notification from your response. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this as soon as possible. Thank for your support.

1.PNG
2019-1-31
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Unfortunately, I guess it's time to bother dji support a bit.
2019-1-31
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

Could you, please, upload your log to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
It would be interesting to see the errors that the app was reporting coupled with some telemetry.

I does not sound like an IMU problem, but rather than a problem with the downward-facing cameras. I once experienced Mavic Pro starting the landing cycle on downward stick input, when I had the landing gear extendes attached - Mavic got confused by those, thnking it was close to the ground (https://forum.dji.com/thread-116890-1-1.html)
If the camera was not obscured or defective, then it definitely sounds like a HW problem in the electronics... On the thread above, alex_markov reported that he had to have the motherboard changed to fix a similar issue.
2019-2-1
Use props
fergatron
lvl.2
Australia

Got it again boys - grrr! Been flying fine for a while. Probably a long shot but one thing I am wondering is whether the vision sensors are getting bugs in them or something as I am flying over crops and if a bug obscure the camera it causes this error. The error doesn't even come up in my flight log just says "forced landing" but the error is definitely downward facing sensor, land immediately https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/86Z75Z7T3HSX3ORJPEGB

Cheers,
Anna
2019-11-15
Use props
Mavic_South_Oz
lvl.2
Australia

fergatron Posted at 11-15 20:05
Got it again boys - grrr! Been flying fine for a while. Probably a long shot but one thing I am wondering is whether the vision sensors are getting bugs in them or something as I am flying over crops and if a bug obscure the camera it causes this error. The error doesn't even come up in my flight log just says "forced landing" but the error is definitely downward facing sensor, land immediately https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/86Z75Z7T3HSX3ORJPEGB

Cheers,

Did you act on post 6 offer to fix the issue ? Or use Refresh ?
Just interested if you found it was ok then, and continued to then fly up to now.

Will have a look at the log, but I'm no expert on them.
Good luck with the fix.
2019-11-15
Use props
Mavic_South_Oz
lvl.2
Australia

Strange all right, nothing stands out.
There might be some analytical experts here (like on MavicPilots) who can disseminate the CSV info some more.

If there aren't many here that do that, get on over to that section of MavicPilots and post your flight log, sometimes the DAT file is helpful too.
(Search for the forum, then the right place is Mavic Crash & Flyaway Assistance.)
2019-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules