Return Home Button
4775 7 2014-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1178 ft
United States

Is there a way to tell the machine to return home? I would like to know if there was away to do this in case I wasn't sure where the machine was flying.
2014-11-9
Use props
daveleeparry
New
United Kingdom

as far as i know if you lose your signal  it goes into return to home point , I have tested this out many times by switching off my controller and it climbs up to 90 ft and flies back to its home point ( where you took off from ) but you do have to have gps when you take off so it knows where it is , I tested this out 20 ft away from me and worked up to 500 ft away to make sure all was working ok hope that helps :
2014-11-9
Use props
swomilan
lvl.4

Mexico

In Phantom mode it goes to Failsafe (RTH or Autoland)  if it loses control signal or if you switch off you RC radio.  In Naza-M mode you can configure the S1 switch for manually activating failsafe (RTH or Autoland)
2014-11-9
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

Yes, there is a failsafe function on the drone.
For phantom, you can also set the control mode switch to failsafe with the phantom assistant software.
But to use that function, please confirm the drone record the homepoint successfully.
You can check the failsafe function with details in the manual.

2014-11-9
Use props
jk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1178 ft
United States

DJI-Blair Posted at 2014-11-10 15:48
Yes, there is a failsafe function on the drone.
For phantom, you can also set the control mode switc ...

I connected the assistant software but couldn't find were to set it. I guess I could just shut the power off and back on?
2014-11-12
Use props
humboldt710
lvl.2

United States

As swomilan said to be able to use the switch to initiate RTH you need to enable Naza-M mode. You change this in the assistant software at the top where it says "Phantom." You can also initiate the RTH by turning off the transmitter if it's in Phantom mode though.
2014-11-12
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

Hello Jk,
What's your product?If it is phantom 2, you can configure the S1 switch for manually activating failsafe (Basic-->RC) at phantom&Naza mode.
If it is other phantom product, then you need to enable Naza-M mode first.
2014-11-12
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

Hello Jk,
What's your product?
If it is phantom 2, you can configure the S1 switch for manually activating failsafe (Basic-->RC) at phantom&Naza mode.
If it is other phantom product, then you need to enable Naza-M mode first.
2014-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules