DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic hangs on MacBook Pro during calibration
652 0 2019-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dalegreer
lvl.1
United States

I couldn't get DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic v 2.0.6 to calibrate my new Mavic 2 Pro, it gives the same problems everyone else is having - there's no pattern on screen, and there's no video coming from the sensors. I tried it at various screen resolutions, and I reinstalled after rebooting to disable digital unsigned driver enforcement. I mean, come on, the engineering on your Mavic 2 Pro is just beautiful, but your software peeps are slacking. Maybe they're contractors?

Anyway, so I tried it on my 2010 MacBook Pro 13, 1280x800 screen resolution. Finally I got the calibration pattern! And the two little sensor screens were working, so I started calibrating. With the small screen I had to get really close, but leaning the screen way back left enough room for the arms.

I painstakingly calibrated the forward facing sensor, then the bottom. And then in the middle of calibrating the rear sensor, it hung. At first I thought maybe I had just lost tracking, but then it perked up again and worked for a few more seconds before it hung again. I tried it a second time, it hung in a different place and never came back. A third time, it hung just at the end of calbrating the bottom sensor.

Admittedly this is on an old machine, but the fact that it works just fine until it hangs tells me something sloppy is going on in the software. Maybe a memory leak? This thing only has 8G of RAM, but really, if it works up to that point, it should work all the way if the software is written well.

The sad thing is, the entire calibration run is ruined by a single fault. If I could resume calibrating where I left off, then I could calibrate each set of sensors one at a time, closing the Assistant each time to clear out whatever is making it hang. It might be easier to do that than to fix your janky code.
2019-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules