Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Just wondering about Smart Controller
1371 26 2019-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JPilotR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 584662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey all!

Sorry to post another question on this, and I know there are quite a few threads on this subject, but I wanted to ask if anyone had any up to the last minute breaking news on shipment for the Smart Controller for US customers? My last info was that it "may" be ready to ship to the US this week (that info from the supplier I bought from a couple weeks ago), and then possible to ship backorders around two weeks after that. So I would guess three weeks out? Or am I being optimistic? Maybe I should start a poll

Thanks!
Jim
2019-1-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Jim. Thank you for the inquiry and for this information. As of the moment, we don't have any update on when we will be the release date of the DJI Smart Controller in the U.S Market. Please stay tuned to our website at www.dji.com for more updates. Thank you.
2019-1-28
Use props
fans71e6fc23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 453 ft
United States

Received mine today...from DJI...it looks great, but does not function with the Enterprise as yet...
2019-1-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fans71e6fc23 Posted at 1-28 11:33
Received mine today...from DJI...it looks great, but does not function with the Enterprise as yet...

Thank you for the given information and thank you for purchasing the DJI Smart Controller. If you have any inquiries with the DJI Smart Controller or with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you.
2019-1-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I’m sure it’s avai now, I know it was last week.
2019-1-28
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-28 11:45
I’m sure it’s avai now, I know it was last week.

They are out of stock again.. :/  I am hoping to have mine in my hands in a few hours..
2019-1-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Fraggboy Posted at 1-28 11:49
They are out of stock again.. :/  I am hoping to have mine in my hands in a few hours..

Thank you for correcting me, enjoy yours and good luck, I think you will be pleased with it and hopefully it updates soon.
2019-1-28
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
United States

OMG!!  I just received it. It's charging at work.  When I get home, it's off to activate and update it.  The clouds are coming in and we have a good chance of rain all this week..   Looks like I am grounded indoors.  I already made room in my case for the new controller.

First hand, I love the button layout and the heft of it.  It doesn't feel light and 'cheap'.  It's still charging so I can't comment how bright the screen is.  I did order a screen protector for it.  

I am chomping at the bit here!!

2019-1-28
Use props
JPilotR
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Fraggboy Posted at 1-28 14:26
OMG!!  I just received it. It's charging at work.  When I get home, it's off to activate and update it.  The clouds are coming in and we have a good chance of rain all this week..   Looks like I am grounded indoors.  I already made room in my case for the new controller.

First hand, I love the button layout and the heft of it.  It doesn't feel light and 'cheap'.  It's still charging so I can't comment how bright the screen is.  I did order a screen protector for it.  

Okay, color me jealous! I want mine too!

Seriously though, congrats and have a great time with it! Report how it works!
2019-1-28
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
United States

JPilotR Posted at 1-28 14:37
Okay, color me jealous! I want mine too!

Seriously though, congrats and have a great time with it! Report how it works!

When are you getting yours?!  Hopefully soon.      It's going to be a few days before I can really get it up in the air due to the forecast of rain all this week..     I am only limited to activating it, logging in, and playing with it indoors (Grounded).  Oh, YEA, ROFL!
2019-1-28
Use props
JPilotR
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Fraggboy Posted at 1-28 14:41
When are you getting yours?!  Hopefully soon.      It's going to be a few days before I can really get it up in the air due to the forecast of rain all this week..     I am only limited to activating it, logging in, and playing with it indoors (Grounded).  Oh, YEA, ROFL!

I was told by the supplier that two weeks from arrival at the supplier. So if what I heard was correct about the US stock being available, perhaps two weeks?
2019-1-28
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
United States

They have been going in stock, and out of stock (Like a roller coaster).   Well, hopefully by then you will only have to do 1 firmware update that will include Waypoints! (I'm hoping also).
2019-1-28
Use props
JPilotR
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Exactly. Waypoints update is a great feature to the firmware. Have fun flying! Hope it clears up!
2019-1-28
Use props
Funn 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 92126 ft
  • >>>
United States

Received mine today....(1/28)  Nice!!!!!
2019-1-28
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fraggboy Posted at 1-28 15:00
They have been going in stock, and out of stock (Like a roller coaster).   Well, hopefully by then you will only have to do 1 firmware update that will include Waypoints! (I'm hoping also).

Just updated mine,,,no waypoints...think I saw somewhere its going to be a bit.
2019-1-28
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine showed up today from China.
2019-1-28
Use props
NyVetteGuy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Got mine yesterday...but it just doesn’t work right...so wonky and just not ready for release.
2019-1-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NyVetteGuy Posted at 1-29 05:33
Got mine yesterday...but it just doesn’t work right...so wonky and just not ready for release.

What do you mean by wonky ?
2019-1-29
Use props
NyVetteGuy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-29 05:58
What do you mean by wonky ?

Update downloads but doesn’t complete, screen goes blank and isn’t responsive but the buttons can be pressed as the button press tones are heard. Have to turn on and off to get screen on again after numerous trys.
What’s with the screen going dark? Will that happen when I’m in the air? Simple firmware download doesn’t work...HORRIBLE out of box experience.
2019-1-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NyVetteGuy Posted at 1-29 06:06
Update downloads but doesn’t complete, screen goes blank and isn’t responsive but the buttons can be pressed as the button press tones are heard. Have to turn on and off to get screen on again after numerous trys.
What’s with the screen going dark? Will that happen when I’m in the air? Simple firmware download doesn’t work...HORRIBLE out of box experience.

Have you got a  SD card inserted ? I had no problems updating or activating through the app, some have used dji assistant 2
2019-1-29
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DennisMurry08 Posted at 1-28 18:36
Just updated mine,,,no waypoints...think I saw somewhere its going to be a bit.

Ver 0350 just released includes ver 12 of the App so includes waypoints, do another update :-)
2019-1-29
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fraggboy Posted at 1-28 14:26
OMG!!  I just received it. It's charging at work.  When I get home, it's off to activate and update it.  The clouds are coming in and we have a good chance of rain all this week..   Looks like I am grounded indoors.  I already made room in my case for the new controller.

pro tip. go to your local auto store and pick up a can of plasti-dip spray that onto your foam and it will hold all the pick-n-pluck together. the plasti-dip is a spray-able rubber
2019-1-29
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
United States

TruGreen Posted at 1-29 07:09
pro tip. go to your local auto store and pick up a can of plasti-dip spray that onto your foam and it will hold all the pick-n-pluck together. the plasti-dip is a spray-able rubber

Thank you!!  I actually re-modified it to fit the SRC.  I don't think I will be needing to modify it (again), so I will get some of that.  
2019-1-29
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
United States

Duplicate post
2019-1-29
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
United States

NyVetteGuy Posted at 1-29 06:06
Update downloads but doesn’t complete, screen goes blank and isn’t responsive but the buttons can be pressed as the button press tones are heard. Have to turn on and off to get screen on again after numerous trys.

You can modify when the screen times out. It's currently set for 1 minute.  I set mine to 5 minutes. When you are in the DJI app, the screen won't go to sleep.
2019-1-29
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 1-29 07:02
Ver 0350 just released includes ver 12 of the App so includes waypoints, do another update :-)

Yep..just did it...got the waypoints and now off to try them out
2019-1-29
Use props
JPilotR
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Duplicate post here, but this is my original thread. Just wanted to get some confirmation from DJI about what my Smart Controller supplier stated: "Industry wide delivery issues with DJI" are preventing any shipment until the end of February. Can someone at DJI please confirm? Thanks.
2019-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules