Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Pro Mode ON the OP!!! DJI Just Hit a Home Run
12Next >
4780 59 2019-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

2019-1-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and thank you Upscaleman. Thank you for sharing this video with us today. Great find and thank you for your support.
2019-1-28
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

DJI, why wait til February.  We want it now!  
2019-1-28
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Just the news I was looking for, I finally got the PolarPro Cinema filter set, control wheel and case that actually hold all accessories. This would just finish my ideal small kit.
2019-1-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think this is the best update we could have, looking forward to this.
2019-1-28
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Very welcome and quite a major update. Congratulations.
Is that all the current updates mentioned?
If so,
Can we make the same changes we will have for photo use also apply to panorama and timelapse modes, please?
That would make the upgrades for me at least as workable as I need. It would allow for workarounds for almost any other problem I can foresee.
I know others may still feel they need more especially if their phones didn't meet the criteria for using the Osmo Pocket on the original specifications but personally I'm amazed at what is already possible and very happy with a company that seems to listen to its user base. Some major Japanese players could learn a lot from this.
Well done JDI.
2019-1-28
Use props
AmaDee
lvl.3
United States

I really hope they release it soon. Going on a trip first week of Feb and it would be nice to use the OP without being delayed by connecting the phone just to adjust pro settings.

After that, all I really need is a slim case for the OP that can fit it with the controller whee attached.
2019-1-28
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 1-28 13:42
If so,

Jesus Christ....this threat is to announce a MAJOR FIRMWARE UPDATE and, before it's even released, you're begging for more?
2019-1-28
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

Why do people assume that updates are some form of magic and developers can just pull updates out of their butts like magic?

Do you know what's involved in coding, beta testing and releasing a new update?  Ever incurred the capital cost that a team of coders costs?  Ever had to beta test anything in your life?

Let them issue this firmware update before you ask for the next one that shoots in 8k and changes your baby's diaper.
2019-1-28
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

AmaDee Posted at 1-28 13:47
I really hope they release it soon. Going on a trip first week of Feb and it would be nice to use the OP without being delayed by connecting the phone just to adjust pro settings.

After that, all I really need is a slim case for the OP that can fit it with the controller whee attached.

....except for the case thing that fits the wheel...I'm still working on that with my Chinese manufacturers...
2019-1-28
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
lvl.4
United Kingdom

AmaDee Posted at 1-28 13:47
I really hope they release it soon. Going on a trip first week of Feb and it would be nice to use the OP without being delayed by connecting the phone just to adjust pro settings.

For the case solution i would recommend the PolarPro case, it’s fits everything and is very well made. That is the case I use.

PolarPro minimalist case
2019-1-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 1-28 13:42
If so,

While panorama can be taken in raw/jpeg it will only ever be stitched in jpeg, you will always have to stick raw in post. This is the same for all dji drone cameras and all osmos .
Regarding time lapse is it possible to take Raw & jpeg 1xevery 2 seconds with processors on board OP, I’m not so sure
2019-1-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Upscaleman Posted at 1-28 14:06
Why do people assume that updates are some form of magic and developers can just pull updates out of their butts like magic?

Do you know what's involved in coding, beta testing and releasing a new update?  Ever incurred the capital cost that a team of coders costs?  Ever had to beta test anything in your life?

Lots of people who buy dji products, think it’s possible to pull updates out of a hat, I read here on all forums how easy it is to write new code how easy it is to produce new FW, and most of this comes from self confessed experts in all things IT, lol , although story mode was late and it has caused a ruckus people forget that similar extras like this pro mode were not promised but delivered because dji want to produce the best products for their customers.
2019-1-28
Use props
Poojap
lvl.3
United States

Great job DJI.
2019-1-28
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Upscaleman Posted at 1-28 14:06

Yes, I understand that and my request for this along with others asking for roughly the same thing went in a long time ago before the mention of any forthcoming updates.
My main inquiry was more along the lines of was anything missed out on the video about what is in the update rather than a demand for an immediate rush for yet another firmware or software update.
If it's not in this update that is fair enough. I'm sure If my and others requests are feasible and desirable they will come at some point. It's their product and they can do as they see fit.

Basically, panoramas and time-lapses are just variations of taking a still image and a lot of people are taking advantage of that but are thwarted by the lack of manual adjustment to parameters that are/will be, available in photo mode.
Most people here asked the mods if this or that was possible.
The porting over of the some of the Pro features of the Mimo  App to the Pocket was never an original part of what DJI promised but was included in this update. It is a very nice inclusion and very welcomed and pleasing that DJI listens to their customer base and do what they can when they can.

But this does not address colour temperature problems with some time-lapse footage or the need for some degree of control of exposure on panoramas which can't yet be controlled with or without the Mimo app. So, for me at least, (and possibly others) this is of genuine concern.
So near, yet so far, so to speak,

And yes, I've done a fair amount of beta testing for Fuji, Virgin Media, and BBC.

2019-1-28
Use props
AmaDee
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 1-28 14:10
For the case solution i would recommend the PolarPro case, it’s fits everything and is very well made. That is the case I use.

PolarPro minimalist case

Thanks, just checked out the PolarPro but it looks to be bigger than what I’m looking for. Ideal case for me would be the same size the the original OP case but has an extra cut out for the control wheel and still make it be pocketable. I’ve seen some 3D printed ones on the forum but I don’t have access to a 3D printer.

Can’t wait for this update though.
2019-1-28
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
lvl.4
United Kingdom

AmaDee Posted at 1-28 14:33
Thanks, just checked out the PolarPro but it looks to be bigger than what I’m looking for. Ideal case for me would be the same size the the original OP case but has an extra cut out for the control wheel and still make it be pocketable. I’ve seen some 3D printed ones on the forum but I don’t have access to a 3D printer.

Can’t wait for this update though.

The case is a lot smaller than the website suggests,

At the moment you won’t find better quality in my opinion.
2019-1-28
Use props
JKJenn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42280 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 1-28 14:53

[view_image]

Does it come with a strap or at least an attachment point?
2019-1-28
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Yes a carabiner loop is on it.
2019-1-28
Use props
AmaDee
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 1-28 14:53

[view_image]

Thanks! The site didn’t include any photos of the interior. Looks good.
2019-1-28
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
lvl.4
United Kingdom

2019-1-28
Use props
j.r.r.
lvl.4
Canada

It is a great news and what is more important DJI is reading and listening to what consumers are saying. I'm not claiming that OP is the best camera ever. I own GoPro Hero 7 Black and in my opinion both are great. One thing OP has is ergonomics and I'm not talking about size and portability but the ease of operation/control of camera. I'm right handed but with OP I can hold it with my left hand and with flip of my thumb I can change number of settings. The same could be very difficult if not impossible with any camera available currently on the market.
2019-1-28
Use props
fans687a79c2
lvl.4
Hong Kong

How powerful the small stuff can be!
2019-1-28
Use props
Kamal Nor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307024 ft
Malaysia

Yay great news. I was thinking of selling my OP as I hate to hook my phone up just to change some setting. Now I decided to keep and love it.
2019-1-28
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks for posting! Great news!
2019-1-28
Use props
hkphoto.com
lvl.2

Hong Kong

What not allow your clients selected to join the beta test as other apps like instagram do? Is that dji just want more hit rate of their forum here... Because at least me keep load the pages here everyday after I buy their product.
2019-1-28
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2019-1-28
Use props
CasualDronePilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

Great news! Really looking forward to that update!
2019-1-29
Use props
kburn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 435640 ft
Australia

I don't see an infinity lock option... only AFS or AFC. So I guess we are stuck with relying on DJI focusing? Which in some cases still pumps... or with changes in focus during motionlapse at night?
I'm glad about the updates... but the one thing I was looking for was the infinity lock for video, photos and timelapse....
2019-1-29
Use props
SeenMavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6142635 ft
  • >>>
Germany

kburn Posted at 1-29 04:59
I don't see an infinity lock option... only AFS or AFC. So I guess we are stuck with relying on DJI focusing? Which in some cases still pumps... or with changes in focus during motionlapse at night?
I'm glad about the updates... but the one thing I was looking for was the infinity lock for video, photos and timelapse....

Absolutely - i want a focus lock aswell, this is a must for timelapse!
2019-1-29
Use props
Chris1a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 801 ft
Sweden

Upscaleman Posted at 1-28 14:03
Jesus Christ....this threat is to announce a MAJOR FIRMWARE UPDATE and, before it's even released, you're begging for more?

In Pro mode when using a phone, you can set the exposure time for motion/time lapse (that's what was done in the DJI promo video back at release, where you see all the car lights as long lines of lights). I read it like he/she was just curious if that followed over along with the other Pro features.

There's nothing wrong with adding more feature requests and suggestions though, regardless if a new update is about to drop or not. I'm fairly sure the people working on this project wouldn't want people to suddenly halt with the feature requests, suggestion and bug reports in celebration of new firmware releases.
2019-1-29
Use props
Reza.K
lvl.1
Flight distance : 91132 ft
Sweden

Don't get me wrong, of course, this is good news. But to set the correct exposure in manual mode it would be very helpful to see the histogram!
2019-1-29
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
Flight distance : 338793 ft
  • >>>
Germany

JKJenn Posted at 1-28 15:03
Does it come with a strap or at least an attachment point?

Oh i read strap on, thats an other thing! :-))
2019-1-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Reza.K Posted at 1-29 10:38
Don't get me wrong, of course, this is good news. But to set the correct exposure in manual mode it would be very helpful to see the histogram!

It would but would it not block an already busy screen.
2019-1-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Chris1a Posted at 1-29 09:38
In Pro mode when using a phone, you can set the exposure time for motion/time lapse (that's what was done in the DJI promo video back at release, where you see all the car lights as long lines of lights). I read it like he/she was just curious if that followed over along with the other Pro features.

There's nothing wrong with adding more feature requests and suggestions though, regardless if a new update is about to drop or not. I'm fairly sure the people working on this project wouldn't want people to suddenly halt with the feature requests, suggestion and bug reports in celebration of new firmware releases.

I think you should be able to set long exposures using only OP only, I mean you can change shutter and iso so I don’t see where there would be a problem.

2019-1-29
Use props
Reza.K
lvl.1
Flight distance : 91132 ft
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 1-29 11:44
It would but would it not block an already busy screen.

Yes, but to be useful and readable it needs to be toggled as an overlay covering the entire screen.
2019-1-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

kburn Posted at 1-29 04:59
I don't see an infinity lock option... only AFS or AFC. So I guess we are stuck with relying on DJI focusing? Which in some cases still pumps... or with changes in focus during motionlapse at night?
I'm glad about the updates... but the one thing I was looking for was the infinity lock for video, photos and timelapse....

I mean your looking for infinity focus and that’s fine, but it looks like it won’t be in next firmware, I owned a gh5 for almost 2 years it operated AF with contrast focus and many complained about this but in two years with FW updates nothing changed, but what one had to do was learn how to work with it, I have been using OP for just over a month and focus pumping is very slight and 90% of the time you will never notice it, I don’t think infinity focus will come and if this was the most important thing to you then maybe you should have researched a bit more, they have infinity focus on Mavic Pro but it is not all it’s cracked up to be and if dji introduces this to OP I for one will be disappointed .
2019-1-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Reza.K Posted at 1-29 11:59
Yes, but to be useful and readable it needs to be toggled as an overlay covering the entire screen.

Yeah I see what your saying, but toggling constantly when trying to video is not really practical, for photos maybe . I wouldn’t mind plugging in my phone if I needed to make sure I was getting the right exposure, but yes it’s a very good suggestion particularly for photos .
2019-1-29
Use props
Chris1a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 801 ft
Sweden

...Load hallmark.bond program
DJI AUTOMATED DEFENSE SYSTEM 2000
100 % CAPACITY.
WATCHING.
WAITING.
2019-1-29