lvl.2
Flight distance : 21604 ft
United States

What editing software do you use? What is a good free option? Thanks
2019-1-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and Good day mattdswartz. Thank you for reaching out. I hope you'll get the best recommendation here from our valued DJI Members and Customers. Thank you for your support.
2019-1-28
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

GIMP .. very powerful and always free.. but I am having a bit of a hard time learning it.
2019-1-28
Use props
mattdswartz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21604 ft
United States

I'll check it out. Thanks
2019-1-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pc or Mac? DaVinci resolve is free. iMovie.
2019-1-28
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can find a list of commonly used editing apps here.
2019-1-29
Use props
Mikem691
Second Officer
Flight distance : 247474 ft
United States

Gimp for photos and hitfilm for video.
2019-1-29
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

msinger Posted at 1-29 05:48
You can find a list of commonly used editing apps here.

thanks for the address.
2019-1-29
Use props
Sportivod
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66158 ft
United Kingdom

Darkfull1, GIMP is probably the best free option, but you may find this post helpful, as it gives a decent rundown of the photo software available at different price points and also gives a load of info about working with stills too: https://www.dronevideoadvisor.com/2019/02/09/all-about-stills/ If you are looking for info on video editing, there's a load of other stuff on the site too: https://www.dronevideoadvisor.com/2019/02/05/what-software-should-i-use/
2019-3-24
Use props
truetalha
New

Pakistan

Adobe Photoshop is the most popular and professional photo editing software. Professional Photo Editing Software doesn't mean that this is difficult to use. There are tons of tutorials for Adobe Photoshop on the internet go and start learning. For those who don't know where to download Adobe Photoshop for Free. Visit softwarg.com and find out dozens of Adobe Photoshop versions to download for free
2019-11-14
Use props
wangshi
New

Sweden

GIMP is great for photo editing, but the limitations are more likely dependent on what you want to do, and what you're capable of doing.

The dev version has support for high bit depths and newer features.

The only notable features The GIMP currently lacks compared to Photoshop are non-destructive editing (I don't even know what that means -- a decade of using GIMP for web design and I've never had a problem), and lack of out-of-the-box CMYK support (only important for printing).

GIMP: extensible, flexible, active

Photoshop: commercially supported, industry standard, quicker opening learning curve.

drawing tablet are good for Gimp photo editing,  I have XP-Pen Star 06  Wireless Painting Tablet (or sth like that) and I don't need anything better.
https://www.xp-pen.com/product/49.html

2019-11-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

wangshi Posted at 11-24 19:58
GIMP is great for photo editing, but the limitations are more likely dependent on what you want to do, and what you're capable of doing.

The dev version has support for high bit depths and newer features.

NDE is overrated, methinks!

What is non-destructive editing?
Non-destructive editing (sometimes called NDE for short) is a method of editing in Photoshop that allows you to make changes to an image without overwriting the original image data. This means that you will always be able to backtrack on adjustments made to an image as needed, retaining flexibility and keeping the resolution of the original image intact.
2019-11-24
Use props
djiuser_XVg9DInNfvrV
New

Uzbekistan

I think PhotoViewerPro is nice and easy to use!
2019-12-1
Use props
mirandaright87hotmail.com
lvl.4

United States

Lightroom is great to edit RAW images. Than I use Photoshop to reduce noise, add sharpness and so on. You may use RAW editor in Photoshop but it has small number of features. Lightroom is better. Especially if you are using Lightroom presets like Parker Arrow . Lots of features there, I was shocked such a product Like Lightroom could be free.
2020-4-6
Use props
Joakitous
lvl.2
Flight distance : 293438 ft
Argentina

GIMP is a free software comparable to photoshop much more lighter and open source
2020-4-12
Use props
djiuser_s4hi8ZJDen4o
New

United States

Fotor
2020-8-17
Use props
KateAlex
New

United States

I use free programs and if I use a laptop for editing, I use Photoshop, it gives the full functionality that I need, editing, retouching, applying filters for text plates, on the Internet you can find many tutorials and various add-ons that can be used when I work from a phone I use meitu app for retouching, there is an element like a spot repair brush in photoshop, very convenient! I also use lightroom for trimming color correction, applying filters, I also have presets but I do not use them, and the last application is a canvas, I can look at examples of work and create my own options, there you can conveniently design publications for Instagram and Facebook and create different printed materials, I know people who themselves created or ordered applications for their own needs, I think this is a more professional option, although it would also be useful for my semi-professional level, I saw a similar article, maybe it will be useful for you https://www.cleveroad.com/blog/discover-how-to-develop-a-photo-editing-solution-like-retrica-app
2020-10-20
Use props
el_Luna
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The most versatile app is Photoshop. It has many different functions and can be used to do almost anything. But it is quite difficult and if you are a beginner, then I do not advise starting with it. Although if you are very hardworking, then of course it is better to learn Photoshop. I also use Lightroom and RetouchMe. Lightroom is good at color correction. RetouchMe is not so popular, but it's necessary if you need to remove a subject from a photo or adjust the size of an object.
2020-10-27
Use props
mirandaright87hotmail.com
lvl.4

Spain

The free stuff you can work with without commitment. Do it.

You don't specify your camera, nor budget.

Lightroom has a free trial. Use it. LR is more than just an editing program. It helps organize your images. I like reading photography blogs like https://danielturbertphotography.com/ and draw some inspiration and get some tips from there
2021-3-7
Use props
SujataM
lvl.1

India

I know some best free photo editing software that money can’t buy. While Adobe’s popular program may be the favourite of a lot of people out there, there’s obviously more than one option in this regard. If it’s just the price you have to pay for the said tool that’s bothering you, then you couldn’t have come to a more perfect place. Take a look at our list of best options and tell us if we’re right or right.
1. Paint.net
2. Photoscape
3. Photo Pos Pro
2021-6-1
Use props
Tigerlily87
New

Netherlands

For what you want, it would be worth taking a look at here: https://www.xp-pen.com/forum-1790.html

You can use Paint.NET , pixlr, GIMP and other free photo editing softwares available in the market.
2021-6-7
Use props
Tigerlily87
New

Netherlands

of course the paid options are better than the free ones.
2021-6-7
Use props
mohagny
New

Pakistan

You can now edit your image by yourself according to your requirements by going here.
2021-7-30
Use props
mohagny
New

Pakistan

You can now make edit your image by yourself according to your requirements by <a href="https://www.photoeditoangel.com/es/collage-maker-online
">visit here</a>.
2021-7-30
Use props
kim567
New

United States

Fotor.com, they have some AI features you should try, I really like the design templates here——very quick to design my blog cover.
You can go to their main page:https://www.fotor.com/
2022-9-23
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

My votes go to Paint.net for photo editing and DaVinci Resolve for video. Free yet versatile.
2022-9-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 9-30 13:47
My votes go to Paint.net for photo editing and DaVinci Resolve for video. Free yet versatile.

I'm with you for Davinci. But Paint.net is just a domain name parked at GoDaddy.com?
I still use G.I.M.P. for photos.
2022-9-30
Use props
MrRaja
lvl.1
United States

Adobe Photoshop Express for a simple quick touch. I personally use a web photo editor for other things like Thumbnails called Pixlr X
2022-10-1
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Blériot53 Posted at 9-30 22:59
I'm with you for Davinci. But Paint.net is just a domain name parked at GoDaddy.com?
I still use G.I.M.P. for photos.

Sorry, my bad. My message was slightly misleading. The software is called that, but the internet address for getting it is located at https://www.getpaint.net/index.html

Personally didn't like GIMP myself, but each to their own :-)
2022-10-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 10-3 05:56
Sorry, my bad. My message was slightly misleading. The software is called that, but the internet address for getting it is located at https://www.getpaint.net/index.html

Personally didn't like GIMP myself, but each to their own :-)

No worries mate - I'll check it out now
It may turn out to be better than GIMP for me too
Time will tell.
2022-10-3
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Blériot53 Posted at 10-3 06:17
No worries mate - I'll check it out now
It may turn out to be better than GIMP for me too
Time will tell.

I hope you'll find the best software for your needs, whatever that may be.
2022-10-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 10-8 09:54
I hope you'll find the best software for your needs, whatever that may be.

2022-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules