Activation and product quality issues - User experience not great
1072 5 2019-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_NmEY8rWsYQPa
lvl.1
United States

I received my DJI Smart Controller today.  After charging for about 2 hours I powered it up and followed activation instructions.  After inputting my WIFI password I was prompted to provide my DJI username and password.  It took a couple minutes for me to look up that information.  I then went to input it in the smart remote and couldn't.  The screen had gone blank and I couldn't get it to respond to anything.  
Next comes the Chat session...
After some basic back and forth about what was happening I explained that when I power the unit on I see some flashing LED's (I was specific about these) and a blank screen....really nothing else describe.  This was not enough for the support rep to go on.  I was asked to record a video and post it so support could view it.  I thought that was odd but I went ahead and recorded and posted to YouTube (the only way to get such a large file to them).  It was a video of me pressing the power button followed by a blank screen....waste of time in my opinion.  

Problem Solved?
Not quite.  The resolution is for me to ship the SRC back for "further analysis".   Get this - I have to wait up to two days for DJI to send me shipping labels before I can even do that!

Frankly what was most surprising to me about this was how helpless the folks in support are to deal with a "blank screen" case.  No hard reboot?  No physical factory reset button anywhere?  No ability to run any sort of remote diagnostic?   So now I wait for a shipping label, then wait for support to receive it, then wait for "further analysis" to be completed, then wait to get another unit shipped back to me.  DJI may have the best premium product in this space but they have much to learn about customer experience.

2019-1-28
Use props
ting-a-ling
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5871467 ft
  • >>>
United States

Receive mine today and got it all activated and working . Sorry your having problems, hope you get it resolve soon. hopefully they will replace it with another new controller.
2019-1-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, you have our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience with our customer chat support team. Let me help you with this by calling the attention of the team that handles your concern about the shipping label. Kindly check your email from time to time. You should be notified for the updates after sending in the Smart Remote Controller. Again, we appreciate your patience and understanding. Thank you.
2019-1-28
Use props
djiuser_NmEY8rWsYQPa
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 1-28 15:16
Hi there, you have our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience with our customer chat support team. Let me help you with this by calling the attention of the team that handles your concern about the shipping label. Kindly check your email from time to time. You should be notified for the updates after sending in the Smart Remote Controller. Again, we appreciate your patience and understanding. Thank you.

Thanks DJI Diana for prompt attention!  Shipping labels have been received.  Now I hope the diagnosis and replacement will also be handled as quickly.  Much appreciated
2019-1-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_NmEY8rWsYQPa Posted at 1-28 16:00
Thanks DJI Diana for prompt attention!  Shipping labels have been received.  Now I hope the diagnosis and replacement will also be handled as quickly.  Much appreciated

Hi, no worries. I hope I was able to help you in my own little way. If there is anything that I can do for you within the confines of the situation, I'll be happy to be of assistance. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to help.
2019-1-28
Use props
NyVetteGuy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I have had the same blank screen issues, just got my Smart Controller yesterday. I have had to reboot the controller, the update says it’s not completed and there is nothing that will make that go away.
POOR EXECUTION. TERRIBLE USER EXPERIENCE. UNACCEPTABLE FOR A PREMIUM PRICED PRODUCT LAUNCH.
2019-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules