New DJI GO 4 Map Cluttered and Barely Usable
2377 8 2019-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dresoccer4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 516306 ft
United States

So the DJI GO 4 app just had me download an update with new airspace maps. However when I open my map now, it's so extremely cluttered with so many opaque colorful shapes that it's essentially unusable. What do they even mean, where is the map key?? And this is with all available airpsace options set to OFF. If I enable those it gets even worse. How can I turn off everything so I have a clean map which I can utilize for flight planning like we used to have?

Thanks!

IMG_1696 (1).PNG
2019-1-28
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The map key is shown on DJI 'flysafe' page:-

https://www.dji.com/uk/flysafe/geo-map
2019-1-28
Use props
dresoccer4
lvl.1
United States

Aardvark Posted at 1-28 18:47
The map key is shown on DJI 'flysafe' page:-

https://www.dji.com/uk/flysafe/geo-map

yeah thanks i finally figured that part out. but still dont know how to get a clean, usable map. the colorful shapes block the actual map
2019-1-28
Use props
dresoccer4
lvl.1
United States

anyone able to help out here? i still can't use the map. the layered colored shapes overwhelm everything else.
2019-3-12
Use props
nwhit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 374 ft
United States

I was just out trying my new M2Z today and experienced a bad thing. The GEO warning zones are now completely opaque and nothing on the map can be seen when flying within a zone. Thus cannot use waypoints, POI, etc., or even stay away from the edges of the approved flying area since it is impossible to see anything on the map other than the Home point but no map data whatsoever. Have tried setting the Ignore warnings settings but doesn't resolve the problem.

It does not matter whether it's the Map or Satellite views. Go4 has now become completely unusable if you need to see/use the map view. Litchi, however, works and has reasonable transparency on the warning zone overlays.

This really needs to be fixed ASAP since it seriously limits the ability to use the Mavic 2 Zoom and likely other models with the current DJI GO 4 app.

Tried with:

iPhone 8
iPad Mini 3
iPad Pro

All with newest version of DJI Go4, latest firmware, FlySafe databases, etc. on new M2Z. Numerous restarts, etc.
2019-3-14
Use props
nwhit
lvl.3
United States

As an update from today's testing, GO4 loads the maps, then overlays a totally opaque zone completely blocking everything on the map.

Both Litchi and Map Pilot show the map and have a transparent overlay, so you can see the map detail.

Apparently this is a bug in however DJI is doing the overlays in their most recent versions of either the app or the Flysafe databases. Didn't used to be a problem.
2019-3-15
Use props
nwhit
lvl.3
United States

I also just tried deleting and reinstalling the app, plus just tried it on our Spark. Still the same. Within the Authorization or Restricted Zone, nothing on the maps shows through. If I move the map over to a Warning Zone, there is transparency there, but nothing within the Authorization (Blue) or Restricted (Red) Zones.

2019-3-15
Use props
nwhit
lvl.3
United States

FINALLY! Figured this out. DJI has put a temporary Restricted Zone around a MLB field for all of the games this season, leaving it showing 100% of the time, even when no games are going on. PLUS they made it opaque blue so you cannot see anything under it for the roughly 5 mile radius out from the ball field.

I'm going to attempt to email them at flysafe to see if they can fix this. Otherwise every drone flyer in this market is screwed if they need map reference!
2019-3-17
Use props
fans980a1579
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4039862 ft
United States

Having the same problem with my Phantom 4 Pro.
I hadn’t flown much all winter, so allowed the flysafe update and now the maps are barely usable.

Dji you have to fix this!!!!!
2019-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules