Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cannot Take off. No attitude data to IMU. ???
15120 13 2019-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans19afb282
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I got the Mavic Pro 2 smart controller combo today and its not playing nicely. I did a brief flight and then tried to upgrade all firmware. Nothing but problems, I have ended up doing everything through the DJI Assistant 2 software. The only part I cannont do is get rid of the 'Cannot Take Off' warning. When you click on the warning it says: No attitude data to IMU. Anyone know how to get around this? The software keeps failing to upload the data to the Mavic. I also cannot get the Smart Controller to connect to the internet, it constantly says: 'Unable to authenticate the connection'. So I cannot update that way either. Any ideas?
2019-1-28
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

IMU is a critical component of the aircraft's stability and controllability, if it cannot communicate with the IMU and get aircraft attitude data its defective unit, it happens probably was something didnt get connected at the factory.

i suggest, as much as this sucks, to return it/exchange it and get another, best solution because without IMU your mavic will likely become unpredictable and very unstable if you manage to get it airborne.
2019-1-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, you have our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience with our products. May I know if you already tried IMU calibration? If not yet, you can turn off the aircraft and let it cool down first for about 1-2 hours and then calibrate the IMU immediately. The most important thing when calibrating the IMU is to jeep the aircraft level in room temperature. You may refer on the video tutorial below on how to properly calibrate the IMU. I hope the issue will be sorted out soon. Thanks for your support.

2019-1-31
Use props
Dragos1981
lvl.1
Romania

Heya! how did it work out? I few mine well and today I got the same problem. calibrated the imu again, did the same for the gimbal, nothing happened
2019-6-28
Use props
fans32c49f5e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19692 ft
United States

My mavic 2 pro says no attitude data to imu even after calibrating said imu.  I would like to spike this pos like a football as it only flies about 10% of the time I would like it to.  Usually it's just an asswhip software update, but this is different.  
2019-6-29
Use props
fans9581317d
New

United States

I just got the Mavic 2 Zoom that after the 2nd flight upon installing the spare battery I also received the “cannot take off...no attitude data to IMU” message. I have recalibrated the IMU successfully 4 times. Still no joy. Now I have an expensive boat anchor. What gives?
2019-8-1
Use props
fans9f969599
New

United States

Same issue here. Same error. Cannot take off, no attitude data to IMU. Only I haven’t even flown it, it was like this straight from the box. Several successful IMU calibrations still no improvement. And I haven’t had a camera feed from day one. Very disappointed.
2019-11-15
Use props
djiuser_9qfwrw3tij4e
New
Flight distance : 29948 ft
Argentina

I have a M2P /smart controller with the same issue, I tried everything from update latest firmware, did the cold start after 3hr shutdown, calibrated the IMU successfully, etc but always having a cannot fly, no attitude data to IMU. pls see screenshots below.

As IMU seems to work when I move the drone body and seems to respond to calibration is not related to a disconnected cable or the likes. also, I tried to disassemble all IMU cables and boards, the same results.

I have spent more than 2 thousand USD in this machine, it is not any good having this issue for no reason.

Im from Argentina and service is not an option here so I sent last month the drone back to China /Beijing as I bought it in Taobao with a Chinese friend. so the warranty is there but due coronavirus My friend cannot sent to the only China repair center at Shenzhen.

I had before a MP1 for years and always was very solid, not this crap of expensive fragile not an understandable drone.

pls help with hints or instructions.

2020-2-17
Use props
ems12a\gmail.co
lvl.2
Flight distance : 555863 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same issue, brand new DJI Mavic 2 Pro bought less than a week ago. Flew a mission this afternoon with no issues didn't crash flew with no issues.

Got the drone home was going to take it for a quick flight at the house unit had a bunch of errors.

At first drone would not boot up (no boot up sound), no status lights showing, would not connect to controller. After some fiddling about with turning off and on connecting cables and relinking the controller got it to boot up and status lights to come on. At this point unit was connected to controller and app showed unit connected with no camera feed and a SD card error with formatted SD card in slot. Also unit was connecting and disconnecting repeatedly. App showed ready to fly Connected then it would say Aircraft Disconnected it would do this repeatedly. 5 seconds connected 5 seconds disconnected 5 seconds connected 5 seconds disconnected and on and on. Took unit outside turned it on got the IMU No Altitude Date Unagle to fly error with black screen and SD Card error.

Um Yeah......

So I decided to try and reset the Firmware by connecting the unit to the PC and running DJI Assistant 2. Unit will not connect to DJI assistant 2 to reset Firmware and when it's connected to PC it connects and disconnects repeatedly. The PC makes the Windows 10 connect and disconnect sound over and over again. Used different USB-C cables. Unit not shown on assistant PC app, I followed DJI video on how to connect to assistant. No joy.

So this is the errors I have: No SD card with formatted SD cad in slot, IMU No Altitiude Date Unable to take off. Unit connects and disconnects repeatedly.

I am going to exchange this unit at the retailer tomorrow and hope I get a better unit. I think this one is borked.
2020-4-28
Use props
djiuser_fhUM2YAyApIF
lvl.1
United States

Wow I'm starting to wonder did I screw up buying this mavic 2 pro cause I am having the same problems as all of you. Is this a common problem. I thought dji was supposed to be like top of the line company. The want to use my refresh care to fix it and I have only used it for a total of an hour with no crashing or water damage. Not fair to hit my refresh care when its a warranty issue.
2020-11-30
Use props
Akkord
lvl.1
Russia

Does anyone find a solution except to return it?

I have the same problem. Aircraft absolutely new, it was only two flights with very small distance.
Today have warning "No attitude data to IMU", also there is no picture from the camera (just grey screen) and "no sd card" message (sd card adjusted, already tried several of them).

I tried IMU calibration with no effect. Firmware is the latest.
I want to do hard reset, but DJI assistant cant establish connection with mavic.

Its absolutely horrible situation. I dont even have a DJI service centre in my country (Russia), exchange with the dealer may take two month, and i already loose so many money and going to loose more (without possibilities to work in this time)
2020-12-19
Use props
take a hike
lvl.4
Israel

Akkord Posted at 12-19 13:51

I have the same problem. Aircraft absolutely new, it was only two flights with very small distance.

I had a similar WiFi connectivity problem w/ one of the last RC firmware versions, at the time I was advised to downgrade to a previous version, and it did solve the problem... with the latest SmartRC firmware I don't have any problems...
2020-12-31
Use props
fansb8dd230a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71365 ft
Ukraine

I returned battery and then replace to other battery again, after that works ok.
2021-4-3
Use props
Bob
lvl.1

United States

Akkord Posted at 2020-12-19 13:51

I have the same problem. Aircraft absolutely new, it was only two flights with very small distance.

Same problem here.
2022-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules