Smart Controller Location Issue
6872 7 2019-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
asinghal31
New
Flight distance : 2123 ft
United States

I just got the Smart Controller and I'm having an issue that it thinks I'm in China. When I switch to fly mode, the map in the bottom left shows some location in China. It also keeps asking me to enter my phone number to link to my DJI account but when it takes me to the screen to enter my number, it wants me to enter a mainland China number.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this?
2019-1-28
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you buy from DJI direct or through another method?

To activate a Chinese version of the SRC you have to provide a Chinese telephone number. If it was supplied by DJI then you should see (US) in brackets on the box it came in (EU) - EU, (UK) - UK, (China) - China, etc.

Failing that, suggest carrying out a factory reset and start again. Don't forget to set your time zone and country up.
2019-1-29
Use props
asinghal31
New
Flight distance : 2123 ft
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 1-29 00:51
Did you buy from DJI direct or through another method?

To activate a Chinese version of the SRC you have to provide a Chinese telephone number. If it was supplied by DJI then you should see (US) in brackets on the box it came in (EU) - EU, (UK) - UK, (China) - China, etc.

I bought it from DJI's website.

I don't see anything on the box indicating it's a China version. On the barcode, it says "DJI Smart Controller (16GB NA)". Not sure if the NA means North America, but I don't see anything else that would indicate a country.
2019-1-29
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suggest an online chat if a full factory reset doesn't sort it out. Mine initially brought up mainland china when I first started the Go4 App but once it got a GPS lock it was fine.

Check you have allowed location services on the device, under the pull down menu, 'Settings' scroll down to Personal, then ensure location is set to ON and it only needs the mode set to Device Only.
For info, dont know if it helps, this is the version info from the about tab.

2019-1-29
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry this info:

2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear the trouble. About your concern before launching the DJI Go app you need to connect to your home wifi first and let it just rest for a minute or two for the unit get the correct location/country code then you may give a try to launch the DJI Go app. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-4
Use props
djiuser_go5tkryIeWU1
New
Flight distance : 94925 ft
United Kingdom

I’m also having the same problem my controller thinks I’m in a western country called kashgar when I’m not and ever if I press current location on the map it still takes me to kashgar
1BDDC866-B707-4C50-8B09-5D67DCFE7820.jpeg
2022-6-14
Use props
RyanBuech
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15820 ft
United States

Had the exact same issue, factory resetting the controller solved it.
2022-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules