Osmo Pocket External Mic Adaptor - when is it being released?
1309 6 2019-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eyebeams
lvl.2
United Kingdom

It is great to see that the new Osmo Pocket firmware with Cine-D is due out in Early february but when will the external mic adaptor be released?

This is the last piece of the puzzle as far as I'm concerned.

I use dual sound so it's not a very big issue but it would be great to be able to record great qualuty sound straight into the pocket with my wireless mics.

Any hint of when there might be a release?
2019-1-29
Use props
Leptic
lvl.1
Germany

I got a mail from DJI support today: "We regret to inform you that all release dates for the OSMO Pocket accessory are not yet known."
2019-1-29
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are several 3rd party microphone adapters on Amazon.
2019-1-29
Use props
eyebeams
lvl.2
United Kingdom

FatherXmas Posted at 1-29 08:36
There are several 3rd party microphone adapters on Amazon.

Hmm most videos I have seen of people using them don't work. The adaptor uses a proprietory system - if anyone knows of one that does work that would be very useful.
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day eyebeams. Thanks for the inquiry. As of the time being, I am sorry to say that we haven't received any information on the exact date when will the Osmo Pocket External Mic Adaptor will be available on our store. We will check this with our team to seek updates. Please pay attention to our website for further updates. Thank you for understanding and thank you for your support.
2019-1-29
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

DJI needs to release this mic adapter asap but even when they do, there will be a shortage and delay scoring one like their current available accessories.  It's like buying a game console today and you must wait a year to purchase video games.  It doesn't make any sense.  I can live without Cine-D.  Audio is more important.  
2019-1-29
Use props
CruiseHabit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 93225 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, this needs to happen.  The option of carrying a separate audio recorder and syncing audio later really defeats the purpose of a portable and quick-to-publish video solution.  Not knocking the built in mics, as you can't expect much from something so small, especially knowing you'll have friction/hands near the mics on the device.  
2019-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules