I got my daylight waiver
1188 26 2019-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KennyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 674137 ft
United States

I am approved just today but it is good through 2023...WOOHOO!!!

DroneZoneScreen

DroneZoneScreen
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for sharing. If you need any help, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2019-1-29
Use props
KennyB
lvl.4
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-29 09:41
Hi there, thank you for sharing. If you need any help, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.

I definitely will. Thank you
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

KennyB Posted at 1-29 11:14
I definitely will. Thank you

You're most welcome. Happy flying!
2019-1-29
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Send me a copy of your application!!! I have applied three times and declined three times. I was told on the last one when I called to ask what the deal was, trying to be legal and do the right thing and you don't work with us. She told me to go to a website and complete all of the information it asked for. I copied and pasted everything into my request with the responses and still got rejected.
Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 6.51.25 PM.png
2019-1-29
Use props
kevinwright
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76942 ft
United States

Way to go! Congratulations.
2019-1-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats
2019-1-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Many congrats
2019-1-30
Use props
KennyB
lvl.4
United States

TheLazyC Posted at 1-29 15:49
Send me a copy of your application!!! I have applied three times and declined three times. I was told on the last one when I called to ask what the deal was, trying to be legal and do the right thing and you don't work with us. She told me to go to a website and complete all of the information it asked for. I copied and pasted everything into my request with the responses and still got rejected.

PM me. It took me about 2-3 months (one round of questions) lots of procedure and specifics. Details about gear/drone/lights and light placement, safety protocols and procedures, preflight visits/planning...use of VOs and crew training but only way to ensure that they will be satisfied.

It is also Class G airspace...It is in the airspace of a few helipads and a small regional airfield but I also kept my altitude to a max of 200 AGL and addressed emergency procedure if a manned aircraft or even ground traffic entered the area in my proposal. I think it is a consideration of all of those factors.

Happy to help you with yours.
2019-1-30
Use props
KennyB
lvl.4
United States

kevinwright Posted at 1-29 19:29
Way to go! Congratulations.

Thanks kevinwright it has been a long road but well worth it.
2019-1-30
Use props
KennyB
lvl.4
United States

Thanks Woe much appreciated
2019-1-30
Use props
KennyB
lvl.4
United States

Thanks A CW...on to the next challenge.
2019-1-30
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357356 ft
  • >>>
United States

KennyB Posted at 1-30 03:48
PM me. It took me about 2-3 months (one round of questions) lots of procedure and specifics. Details about gear/drone/lights and light placement, safety protocols and procedures, preflight visits/planning...use of VOs and crew training but only way to ensure that they will be satisfied.

It is also Class G airspace...It is in the airspace of a few helipads and a small regional airfield but I also kept my altitude to a max of 200 AGL and addressed emergency procedure if a manned aircraft or even ground traffic entered the area in my proposal. I think it is a consideration of all of those factors.

Thanks. I am wondering if they are going to finalize on the new regs and do away with the night restrictions.

Looks like I included everything that you mentioned and also in Class G airspace and only for search and rescue. I think the only thing I left out was to include the addition of lights visible for 3 miles, which I have but failed to mention on my last submission.
2019-1-30
Use props
KennyB
lvl.4
United States

TheLazyC Posted at 1-30 05:37
Thanks. I am wondering if they are going to finalize on the new regs and do away with the night restrictions.

Looks like I included everything that you mentioned and also in Class G airspace and only for search and rescue. I think the only thing I left out was to include the addition of lights visible for 3 miles, which I have but failed to mention on my last submission.

Yeah...the lights, how you mount and specs are all pretty important. I bet that is the reason they kicked it back.

I hope the new regs pass and fix this too but in the meantime I am working with the system we have.
2019-1-30
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

KennyB Posted at 1-30 03:50
Thanks Woe much appreciated

You're welcome. I may PM you when I try for my wavier.
2019-1-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KennyB Posted at 1-30 03:51
Thanks A CW...on to the next challenge.

Indeed - making money with you new waiver
2019-1-30
Use props
KennyB
lvl.4
United States

Woe Posted at 1-30 06:54
You're welcome. I may PM you when I try for my wavier.

Yeah...I would be happy to help. It went a little easier than I thought...but I am also pretty thorough, detailed and pretty organized on stuff like this...I error on information overload.
2019-1-30
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

KennyB Posted at 1-30 08:08
Yeah...I would be happy to help. It went a little easier than I thought...but I am also pretty thorough, detailed and pretty organized on stuff like this...I error on information overload.

Thank you.
2019-1-30
Use props
T3rdEye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 221844 ft
United States

Congratulations...I admire your persistence and dedication to detail in order to obtain this waiver.  You should be proud..
2019-1-30
Use props
Zero Effs
Second Officer

United States

Good deal KB. When do we get to see corresponding video and shots?

2019-1-30
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome and congrats.
2019-1-30
Use props
KennyB
lvl.4
United States

T3rdEye Posted at 1-30 13:24
Congratulations...I admire your persistence and dedication to detail in order to obtain this waiver.  You should be proud..

I am thanks. I have heard of people hiring people to do this but I figured that if I am able to do it myself...I just added another skill...navigating the government swamp...LOL
2019-1-31
Use props
KennyB
lvl.4
United States

Zero Effs Posted at 1-30 17:18
Good deal KB. When do we get to see corresponding video and shots?

It will probably be a month or two. I still need to actually buy my lights. I initially was going to buy them but then I thought...I only need them "if" I get the waiver...so I mentioned them and specified them in my application...which color, placement...mounting, etc. I have sorted that all out but without the waiver...I really don't need them.

LOL now I do.
2019-1-31
Use props
KennyB
lvl.4
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 1-30 20:02
Awesome and congrats.

Thanks Lucas775. I appreciate your post
2019-1-31
Use props
Zero Effs
Second Officer

United States

KennyB Posted at 1-31 04:33
It will probably be a month or two. I still need to actually buy my lights. I initially was going to buy them but then I thought...I only need them "if" I get the waiver...so I mentioned them and specified them in my application...which color, placement...mounting, etc. I have sorted that all out but without the waiver...I really don't need them.

LOL now I do.

Ha! Understandable.
2019-1-31
Use props
GhostintheSky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 207936 ft
United States

Congratulations!!!  A big step has been completed.
2019-2-2
Use props
KennyB
lvl.4
United States

GhostintheSky Posted at 2-2 06:43
Congratulations!!!  A big step has been completed.

Thanks...yeah it feels good to clear that hurdle without any help.
2019-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules