• >>>
Thailand

I'd say YES!
At least on Droids
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Catwalsh55. Thank you for the inquiry.  The OTG cable is already optimized for the DJI Spark and for the recommended android devices. Thanks for your support.
2019-1-29
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Personally I always use an OTG cable, on both Android and iOS. It ensures the cleanest connection between the mobile device and the controller.

For Android users in Europe, and possibly other areas of the Globe, I would say it is essential as it is the only practical way for us to use 2.4GHz for the controller to Spark link. DJI, in their infinite wisdom, only equipped the Spark with non-EU 5.8GHz channels which are locked out, or blocked, on Android devices sold in the EU. Apple somehow side stepped this requirement with their iOS devices but I heard, only anecdotal, that their latest ‘X’ series of devices were made to comply. My wife has an Apple XS phone but she won’t let me anywhere near it as she’s either worried I’ll break it or it’s full of texts to and from her “Toy Boy”.

Regards

Nidge.
2019-1-29
Use props
Catwalsh55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8540 ft
Ireland

Where do I buy this cable
2019-1-29
Use props
Catwalsh55
lvl.2
Ireland

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-29 10:30
Hello and good day Catwalsh55. Thank you for the inquiry.  The OTG cable is already optimized for the DJI Spark and for the recommended android devices. Thanks for your support.

Can u buy the cable direct from dji
2019-1-29
Use props
Catwalsh55
lvl.2
Ireland

On the dji site  there is a otg cable but this says to connect to the Goggles I thought it was to connect controller to the phone. Do I need to buy the rc cable. Sorry new to this and a bit confused.
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Catwalsh55 Posted at 1-29 11:51
Can u buy the cable direct from dji

Hello and good day Catwalsh55. You may avail of the OTG cable for the DJI Spark from DJI. I will be posting a link where you can purchase an OTG cable and where you can check the overview and the specifications of the OTG as well. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/product/dj ... t-v2&position=0

2019-1-29
Use props
Surferstevo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64065 ft
United States

I am still confused as to why you would need this. If using wifi between phone & RC. If signal strength is weak you got problems .
2019-1-29
Use props
Catwalsh55
lvl.2
Ireland

What's difference between rc and otg cable
2019-1-29
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

I have tried it both with and without on an iPhone 6 and an iPad mini.. I saw no difference using the cable or not...  Some android phones can not use cellular data while connected to the sparks wifi.. so you can use the cable to get around that...but for ios.. no need.
2019-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules