Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MP takes off 2 times after activating follow me mode
1004 11 2019-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GinoC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63507 ft
Belgium

I tried follow me mode the first time today.
2 times after i started the follow me mode, the mavic just took off and i had to abort. I was using a ipad mini 2 in an open area.

Home point, mp location, and my location were correct and clearly visible  on dji go 4 map.

Please see my video of second attempt.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

image.jpg
2019-1-29
Use props
GinoC
lvl.3
Belgium

was ipad mini 2 cellular
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day GinoC. I am sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Mavic Pro. Have you tried to use a different mobile device that is recommended for your DJI Mavic Pro for us to issolate the issue? Upon checking the mobile device that you are using which is the ipad mini 2. I am sorry to say that the mobile device that you are using is still not recommended for your DJI Mavic Pro. Actually, there is a  possibility that the ipad mini 2 will work. However, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Mavic Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the  if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem. Thank you.

2019-1-29
Use props
GinoC
lvl.3
Belgium

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-29 10:57
Hello and good day GinoC. I am sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Mavic Pro. Have you tried to use a different mobile device that is recommended for your DJI Mavic Pro for us to issolate the issue? Upon checking the mobile device that you are using which is the ipad mini 2. I am sorry to say that the mobile device that you are using is still not recommended for your DJI Mavic Pro. Actually, there is a  possibility that the ipad mini 2 will work. However, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Mavic Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the  if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hello thanks for your reply, my next step is to retry using an iphone 7 plus. I will let you know
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

GinoC Posted at 1-29 11:06
Hello thanks for your reply, my next step is to retry using an iphone 7 plus. I will let you know

Thank you for the quick reply GinoC. Please keep us posted on the said situation for us to help you further. Thank you.
2019-1-29
Use props
GinoC
lvl.3
Belgium

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-29 11:09
Thank you for the quick reply GinoC. Please keep us posted on the said situation for us to help you further. Thank you.

Does follow me rely on the device compass also, or only on the gps in the device
2019-1-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

GinoC Posted at 1-29 11:37
Does follow me rely on the device compass also, or only on the gps in the device

GPS.  Active track is better and doesn't rely on GPS.
2019-1-29
Use props
GinoC
lvl.3
Belgium

2019-1-29
Use props
GinoC
lvl.3
Belgium

Update : tried it again with iphone 7 plus and again with ipad mini 2. Both worked flawlessly. I think at that time of my first try the gps lock on the ipad mini2  was insufficient.
I will always check the gps lock and accurancy beforehand now.

Thanks for your help!
2019-2-4
Use props
GinoC
lvl.3
Belgium

2019-2-4
Use props
GinoC
lvl.3
Belgium

https://app.airdata.com/share/itFSww

as you can see it took off full speed two times
2019-2-5
Use props
GinoC
lvl.3
Belgium

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-29 11:09
Thank you for the quick reply GinoC. Please keep us posted on the said situation for us to help you further. Thank you.

https://app.airdata.com/share/itFSww
2019-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules