United Kingdom

Hi. Why does my Mavic 2 Pro stop recording after 5 minutes
2019-1-29
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

Are you recording on the build in memory card or an external one you added ?  The internal one is only 8 meg and would probably fill up in around 5 minutes depending on the quality you selected
2019-1-29
Use props
R0bM2P
lvl.1
Flight distance : 117326 ft
United Kingdom

Sky Donkey Posted at 1-29 13:45
Are you recording on the build in memory card or an external one you added ?  The internal one is only 8 meg and would probably fill up in around 5 minutes depending on the quality you selected

I am using an SD card, it records for 5 minutes and stops and then starts again after a slight gap.
2019-1-29
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

It could be that you are right on the edge of what the card is able to continuously write.. whats the speed rating on the card . Also try formatting it from within the mavic itself  (just in case you didnt )

edit: try clearing the cache too

edit 2: try recording at a lower resolution... if it continues then its probably a write speed error. Try another memory card   
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we do apologize for the troubles that it caused. May we know what is the model of your SD card? Have you tried to reformat the SD card to see if there will be changes? did you manage to use a different SD card to isolate the problem? Did you manage to select the SD card under the "Storage location"? You may refer to the images below for the storage location as well as our recommended SD cards. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

2019-1-29
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

R0bM2P Posted at 1-29 13:52
I am using an SD card, it records for 5 minutes and stops and then starts again after a slight gap.

Is this because you only see 4GB files in the folder ? If so then this is the normal process for all the DJI machines. The files normally integrate seamlessly in video editor.
2019-1-29
Use props
R0bM2P
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sky Donkey Posted at 1-29 13:59
It could be that you are right on the edge of what the card is able to continuously write.. whats the speed rating on the card . Also try formatting it from within the mavic itself  (just in case you didnt )

edit: try clearing the cache too

Many thanks, I will give these options a try.
2019-1-29
Use props
R0bM2P
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 1-29 14:51
Hi, we do apologize for the troubles that it caused. May we know what is the model of your SD card? Have you tried to reformat the SD card to see if there will be changes? did you manage to use a different SD card to isolate the problem? Did you manage to select the SD card under the "Storage location"? You may refer to the images below for the storage location as well as our recommended SD cards. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

[view_image]

Hi and thanks for your reply. The card I am using is a SanDisk Extreme Pro, 64 GB, XC 1, V30, UHS 3, A2.
I have checked the storage location and it is set to external sd card. I use 2 of the cards and all have been reformatted. I hope this is some help.
Many thanks
Rob
2019-1-29
Use props
R0bM2P
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 1-29 16:37
Is this because you only see 4GB files in the folder ? If so then this is the normal process for all the DJI machines. The files normally integrate seamlessly in video editor.

Thank you, I think this is what is happening, hadn't noticed it before on my Phantom 3's.
Much appreciated,
Rob
2019-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules