Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why no 4k support
1557 10 2019-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
3BEPb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just wondering why DJI Mimo does not support 4K in editing?

2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, we really admire you being interested in using the DJI product. With regards to one of the main reason why 4k editing is not supported due to not all Smartphone not capable processing or having a hard time to render the 4k video and there are only a few smartphones capable of taking 4k video or playing it back as well. I hope you understand. Thank you for your support.
2019-1-29
Use props
Jeffuk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-29 16:11
Hi there, we really admire you being interested in using the DJI product. With regards to one of the main reason why 4k editing is not supported due to not all Smartphone not capable processing or having a hard time to render the 4k video and there are only a few smartphones capable of taking 4k video or playing it back as well. I hope you understand. Thank you for your support.

Hi,  I have read this reply regularly but I am confused by it.  My ipad will play the 4K files on the Mimo app when the app is connected to the Pocket, but the app but will not allow the 4K files to be downloaded to the ipad.  Further, why is it that the LumaFusion app is perfectly able to process 4K video produced by the Pocket on exactly the same Ipad with no problems at all, but the DJI's Mimo app refuses to download the files and handle them?  To me this doesn't indicate an inacapable Ipad but implies an incapable Mimo app.  

Thanks.  

2019-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Jeffuk Posted at 1-30 04:49
Hi,  I have read this reply regularly but I am confused by it.  My ipad will play the 4K files on the Mimo app when the app is connected to the Pocket, but the app but will not allow the 4K files to be downloaded to the ipad.  Further, why is it that the LumaFusion app is perfectly able to process 4K video produced by the Pocket on exactly the same Ipad with no problems at all, but the DJI's Mimo app refuses to download the files and handle them?  To me this doesn't indicate an inacapable Ipad but implies an incapable Mimo app.  

Can’t you just take out SD card use card reader with iPad ?
2019-1-30
Use props
Jeffuk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 1-30 05:03
Can’t you just take out SD card use card reader with iPad ?

Sorry for my stupidity but I understand the words individually but not in the order you have placed them.  
2019-1-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Jeffuk Posted at 1-30 04:49
Hi,  I have read this reply regularly but I am confused by it.  My ipad will play the 4K files on the Mimo app when the app is connected to the Pocket, but the app but will not allow the 4K files to be downloaded to the ipad.  Further, why is it that the LumaFusion app is perfectly able to process 4K video produced by the Pocket on exactly the same Ipad with no problems at all, but the DJI's Mimo app refuses to download the files and handle them?  To me this doesn't indicate an inacapable Ipad but implies an incapable Mimo app.  

Hi there, Thank you for reaching out. With regards to that DJI Mimo can download 4K videos to an iPhone’s photo albums. However, as iPhone series’ albums will check a video’s resolution, frame rate, bit rate, and format when users are saving the video to the album when 4K 60fps+H.264 +high bit rate videos are downloaded, iPhone will reject the video. As a result, Osmo Pocket cancels the option of saving 4K 60fps videos to an iPhone.
At present, iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS MAX support 4K 24fps/25fps/30fps video downloading. The next app version will add support for iPhone 8 Plus to download 4K 24fps/25fps/30fps videos.
2019-1-30
Use props
Poojap
lvl.3
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-30 08:11
Hi there, Thank you for reaching out. With regards to that DJI Mimo can download 4K videos to an iPhone’s photo albums. However, as iPhone series’ albums will check a video’s resolution, frame rate, bit rate, and format when users are saving the video to the album when 4K 60fps+H.264 +high bit rate videos are downloaded, iPhone will reject the video. As a result, Osmo Pocket cancels the option of saving 4K 60fps videos to an iPhone.
At present, iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS MAX support 4K 24fps/25fps/30fps video downloading. The next app version will add support for iPhone 8 Plus to download 4K 24fps/25fps/30fps videos.

Any plans to add iPhone 7 or earlier?
2019-1-30
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jeffuk Posted at 1-30 05:38
Sorry for my stupidity but I understand the words individually but not in the order you have placed them.

Remove micro SD card.  Place in Card Reader.  Attach to iPad.  Import.
2019-1-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Poojap Posted at 1-30 08:27
Any plans to add iPhone 7 or earlier?

Hi there, thank you for reaching out, with regards to that we don't have any information yet from our developer If ever it will be posted from our website or here for the further update. Just keep in touch. I hope you understand. Thank you for your consideration.
2019-1-30
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

WebParrot Posted at 1-30 09:03
Remove micro SD card.  Place in Card Reader.  Attach to iPad.  Import.

But that is so anti-ecosystematic, lol.
2019-1-30
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 1-30 11:41
But that is so anti-ecosystematic, lol.

And I got that without bothering to read the Manual!  :-)
2019-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules