yellow light mavic air
1794 5 2019-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Макс
lvl.1

Ukraine

Hello, I need help. There was an error (processor chip overheated. The aircraft is temporarily unavailable. It will recover after cooling down) replaced the cooler, now the drone is not connected to the console and the PC. Permanently lit yellow and does not respond to the buttons. The new cooler does not spin. What to do?
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about the situation. I would like to clarify that the fan inside the aircraft is not spinning right? If yes, please contact our support and send the unit to our facility. You may refer to the link below for further help. Repair fee would depend on the warranty of the product and the outcome of the diagnosis of our repair team. Thank you for understanding.

www.dji.com/support
2019-1-30
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

i am curious as to how "....replaced the cooler..." resulted?  do you mean the screen posted to you this detail?
2019-1-30
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

was the old cooler defective not spinning up?  or did you just replace it because it overheated...?  

this sadly more of a common issue than it should be i mean still relatively small count compared to total sales but still alarming nonetheless.    im worried this coming summer my mavic air may not survive, it already gets fairly hot, and i gotten a temp warnings before and a main controller error once already from high ambient temps...just letting my mavic air idle here in my home with ambient temp of 68F after 90 minutes or so of dull discharging,  my batteries are 100-115F and heat is mostly bottom side that touched the mainboard.. that tells me that my mavic air is getting toasty doing not much...and yea my fan is screaming full speed after about 10 minutes until battery dies..

interestingly flying around in cold temps my fan isnt even spinning most of the time, so is active thermal monitoring.  why dji doesnt warn users sooner of overheating maybe give us a temp read out if things getting a bit too toasty.. maybe begin a low power mode to throttle power to SoC and ESCs and warn us that its limiting power because of thermals.  because lets be honest, once mavic air overheats its goign into a forced landing or going to lost video and flight controller....usually you get a 30 second warning for landing and shutdown.. may not be enough time if out over water or something..

2019-1-30
Use props
Макс
lvl.1

Ukraine

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-30 15:18
was the old cooler defective not spinning up?  or did you just replace it because it overheated...?  

this sadly more of a common issue than it should be i mean still relatively small count compared to total sales but still alarming nonetheless.    im worried this coming summer my mavic air may not survive, it already gets fairly hot, and i gotten a temp warnings before and a main controller error once already from high ambient temps...just letting my mavic air idle here in my home with ambient temp of 68F after 90 minutes or so of dull discharging,  my batteries are 100-115F and heat is mostly bottom side that touched the mainboard.. that tells me that my mavic air is getting toasty doing not much...and yea my fan is screaming full speed after about 10 minutes until battery dies..

cooler was damaged
2019-2-1
Use props
dronelover2020
lvl.1

Canada

i have the same problem overheating and solid yellow light when i contact the dji chat support they talkd to me and sudenly run away by telling me 7 people in queue this is really disapointing
2020-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules