What are the usages of micro SD card in Smart Controller?
12Next >
48969 42 2019-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11597195 ft
  • >>>
United States

As you can see that DJI Smart Controller has a micro SD slot, which supports a max 256GB micro SD card. I carefully read the manual and didn’t find out what/how the exact applications are. Is it for downloading the footage from the Controller? Or anything else?

Thanks for answer.  

2019-1-29
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

its for saving the footage from the RC. also you can insert the SD from the drone to view footage on the RC.
2019-1-29
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 1-29 21:18
its for saving the footage from the RC. also you can insert the SD from the drone to view footage on the RC.

Is it possible to save the footage automatically? Or need to be downloaded only?
Thanks!
2019-1-29
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7 Posted at 1-29 21:27
Is it possible to save the footage automatically? Or need to be downloaded only?
Thanks!

that im not sure. my stock RC was always 50/50 some times i had to download it from the drone to the device. other times it auto saved to my device. always pictures
2019-1-29
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 1-29 21:42
that im not sure. my stock RC was always 50/50 some times i had to download it from the drone to the device. other times it auto saved to my device. always pictures

Sorry I didn’t make it clear. What I mean is whether it is possible to save the footage to micro sd card directly.
2019-1-29
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7 Posted at 1-29 21:52
Sorry I didn’t make it clear. What I mean is whether it is possible to save the footage to micro sd card directly.

sd in the drone yes.
sd in the smart rc not sure. i dont have mine yet. but been researching as much as i can before hand
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we can expand the controller's storage with an extra microSD card and transfer the downloaded files from the controller to the microSD card. We can also view photos and videos saved in an aircraft's microSD card on the DJI Smart Controller.
We can use DJI Go 4 to select to store images and videos to the Smart Controller or on the Micro SD card. Please check more details below: GTScreenshot_20190130_144058.png
2019-1-29
Use props
JuJuMP2_User
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-29 22:41
Hi there, we can expand the controller's storage with an extra microSD card and transfer the downloaded files from the controller to the microSD card. We can also view photos and videos saved in an aircraft's microSD card on the DJI Smart Controller.
We can use DJI Go 4 to select to store images and videos to the Smart Controller or on the Micro SD card. Please check more details below:[view_image]

Please confirm maximum size of uSD card that can be used in the Smart Controller.

Manual V1.0 says 128Gb, but 256Gb mentioned by original poster above.

Also, what format to prepare uSD card if previously used in other equipment ?

Thanks.
2019-1-30
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JuJuMP2_User Posted at 1-30 02:32
Please confirm maximum size of uSD card that can be used in the Smart Controller.

And where is the option to format the card on the Smart Controller?

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
2019-1-30
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Put the microSD in the drone, format it through smart controller, and then us it for the controller. It works for me.
2019-1-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sorry for the late response because of the Chinese New Year. The Smart Controller supports microSD cards with a capacity of up to 128 GB and R/W speed up to UHS-I Speed Grade 3. Please refer to our Specs and the User Manuel, thanks.
2019-2-17
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

I am probably risking losing data but I put a 400Gig in my smart controller because it is what I had around and did not look before putting it in.  Then I saw a capacity statement and realized the size.
2019-2-17
Use props
Hillsdale.
lvl.2
United States

This is a great thread. I had no idea how to get that card in my smart controller to save anything!
2019-5-12
Use props
djiuser_vLl0eLWZF0r2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14022 ft
Singapore

It would be fantastic if we can save downloaded satelite maps to sd card. Right now we can only cache basic maps which are insufficient for plotting waypoints when theres no internet connection
2019-5-14
Use props
Thewoodyboy
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks for the information - excellent update by Mindy. Whoever distributes the new units should ensure that this stuff goes out with it.
2019-11-24
Use props
Hard Rock Jeep
New
Flight distance : 14941 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-17 20:02
Sorry for the late response because of the Chinese New Year. The Smart Controller supports microSD cards with a capacity of up to 128 GB and R/W speed up to UHS-I Speed Grade 3. Please refer to our Specs and the User Manuel, thanks.

Ok, the Smart Controller takes up to 128GB.  What is the max for the Mavic 2 Pro?
2019-12-12
Use props
Trakmasters
lvl.1
United States

So if I have it setup to do erything to the sd card in my smart controller, a card in the drone will have nothing on it, am I correct?
2020-2-8
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

nope, still saves to drone card
2020-2-9
Use props
fans101a6339
New

United States

TruGreen Posted at 2019-1-29 21:57
sd in the drone yes.
sd in the smart rc not sure. i dont have mine yet. but been researching as much as i can before hand

If you don’t have one yet then how the f*** would you know? I think you should sit down a be quiet! Thx.
2020-5-31
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

You cannot set the SD card in the SC to record the images from the aircraft. Even if you could, the return feed is low resolution and potentially full of transmission glitches. The only decent place to record full quality pictures and video is on the SD card in the aircraft.
2020-5-31
Use props
Drone-Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

would it be possible to save apps in the RCs SD card  instead of the smart controller and be able to run the apps  from the SD card?
2020-6-3
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans101a6339 Posted at 5-31 16:26
If you don’t have one yet then how the f*** would you know? I think you should sit down a be quiet! Thx.

wow great reply hahaha made me laugh
2020-6-28
Use props
djiuser_mv2AsCwvdUTK
lvl.1

Australia

I am using a 128 card in the controller as well as the Mavic 2 Pro and no problems with either. A tip I have found is to use the SRE setting when flying makes it so much easier to see especially on a really bright day. Hope this helps......Gonzo
2020-11-19
Use props
djiuser_QGjivFekuY58
New

United States

Do I need a SD card for my DJI AIR 2 s as well as my smart remote at the same time ?
2021-8-23
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

djiuser_QGjivFekuY58 Posted at 8-23 21:23
Do I need a SD card for my DJI AIR 2 s as well as my smart remote at the same time ?

Yes, that's highly recommended.  The A2S only has 8GB internal memory.  Enough for a couple 4K videos, that's about it.
And as another poster mentioned, you'll get the best results from the content on the drone's SD card than the controller's.  Good 128GB cards like the SanDisk Extreme are only $30 or so.
2021-8-24
Use props
hughdeman
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-1-29 22:41
Hi there, we can expand the controller's storage with an extra microSD card and transfer the downloaded files from the controller to the microSD card. We can also view photos and videos saved in an aircraft's microSD card on the DJI Smart Controller.
We can use DJI Go 4 to select to store images and videos to the Smart Controller or on the Micro SD card. Please check more details below:[view_image][Image]

Useless with DJI fly
2021-9-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

hughdeman Posted at 9-15 21:10
Useless with DJI fly

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused to you. Could you please tell us more details of the issue you encountered? We will try our best to help.
2021-9-17
Use props
CraigIS
lvl.2

South Africa

Hey guys following this thread, so basically on the mavic 2 enterprise advanced, you still dont use the controller slot to save photos and video is that correct in my understanding?
So basically you must use the SD card in the actual aircraft?
2021-9-30
Use props
Wavicle
lvl.3
United States

Hi there, we can expand the controller's storage with an extra microSD card and transfer the downloaded files from the controller to the microSD card. We can also view photos and videos saved in an aircraft's microSD card on the DJI Smart Controller.
We can use DJI Go 4 to select to store images and videos to the Smart Controller or on the Micro SD card. Please check more details below:[view_image]

After either a Smart Controller firmware update (October 2021) or Air 2S firmware update (October 2021) the Cache locally when recording does not work. In fact, nothing will cache to either the internal SC memory or a Sandisk 128GB microSD card in the SC.

Something was broken by the DJI updates from one of those updates and most likely the Smart Controller update.
2021-11-8
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

ff22, I have put a 400Gb SD in the Mini 2, it formats well, and has been recording everything just fine.  The videos download to the
Apple Mini-4 tablet using the speed transfer or just regular transfer.  Quality looks fine.
2021-11-23
Use props
dnesone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2963 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What What is the maximum capacity of micro sd card that can be used in the New DJI PC Pro controller as used on the  Mavic 3 cine drone?
2021-12-8
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7956778 ft
United Kingdom

Wavicle Posted at 11-8 17:55
After either a Smart Controller firmware update (October 2021) or Air 2S firmware update (October 2021) the Cache locally when recording does not work. In fact, nothing will cache to either the internal SC memory or a Sandisk 128GB microSD card in the SC.

Something was broken by the DJI updates from one of those updates and most likely the Smart Controller update.

Is this still the case now?
2021-12-10
Use props
djiuser_UttrNPReEXV1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1262136 ft
United States

Things must have changed since you posted this, for the DJI Mini 3 Pro with its RC Controller.

There is no option that I can find for doing as you instruct.

Is there any way, aside from using the Quick Transfer function with a mobile device, to access & view the photos & videos taken on the M3P via the RC controller? If I don't have or use a mobile ("smartphone") device, is there any other way to do this?

The only way I've found so far has been to manually remove the SD cards from both the M3P & the RC controller & put them into my computer card slots & transfer them manually & then re-insert the cards back into their respective units, & all this at home, not in the field.

Both cards are very hard to remove & re-insert in the field, as in, either to exchange the cards from 1 unit to the other, or to remove the RC card, & then the M3P card, & then place the M3P card into the RC controller & they are so small that losing them is a definite possibility.

This seems inordinately tedious at best.

Is there something I'm missing, or has the function you describe been removed or changed with the new DJI Mini 3 Pro & its RC controller?

So far, all I can see available to do this without the tedious procedure I mentioned above is to use a mobile device.

Is there now, or will there be, any updates to allow me to do this with the M3P & its RC controller without the tedious card exchange?

Thank you for any information.
2022-8-7
Use props
djiuser_UttrNPReEXV1
lvl.3
United States

Things must have changed since you posted this, for the DJI Mini 3 Pro with its RC Controller.

Is there any way, aside from using the Quick Transfer function with a mobile device, to access & view the photos & videos taken on the M3P via the RC controller? If I don't have or use a mobile ("smartphone") device, is there any other way to do this?

The only way I've found so far has been to manually remove the SD cards from both the M3P & the RC controller & put them into my computer card slots & transfer them manually & then re-insert the cards back into their respective units, & all this at home, not in the field.

Both cards are very hard to remove & re-insert in the field, as in, either to exchange the cards from 1 unit to the other, or to remove the RC card, & then the M3P card, & then place the M3P card into the RC controller & they are so small that losing them is a definite possibility.

Is there something I'm missing, or has the function you describe been removed or changed with the new DJI Mini 3 Pro & its RC controller?

So far, all I can see available to do this without the tedious procedure I mentioned above is to use a mobile device.

Is there now, or will there be, any updates to allow me to do this with the M3P & its RC controller without the tedious card exchange?

2022-8-7
Use props
djiuser_UttrNPReEXV1
lvl.3
United States

2022-8-7
Use props
djiuser_UttrNPReEXV1
lvl.3
United States

2022-8-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_UttrNPReEXV1 Posted at 8-7 11:12

Hi there, sorry for the late reply. May I confirm if you want to playback the footage through the DJI RC? You can directly tap the DJI Album to playback the photos/videos. If you want to download the files from the drone to your mobile device, you're recommended to use the QuickTransfer function. You may refer to:
2022-8-15
Use props
BroomRider
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-15 01:08
Hi there, sorry for the late reply. May I confirm if you want to playback the footage through the DJI RC? You can directly tap the DJI Album to playback the photos/videos. If you want to download the files from the drone to your mobile device, you're recommended to use the QuickTransfer function. You may refer to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKcvgTtaHP4&list=PL65kukZorPdMkTry0ufHNINRwbkhk9EKI

Thank you, but I don't have or use a smartphone or similar device; part of the reason that I opted to pay extra for the RC controller rather than the original-style RC-N1 type.
2022-8-20
Use props
BroomRider
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-15 01:08
Hi there, sorry for the late reply. May I confirm if you want to playback the footage through the DJI RC? You can directly tap the DJI Album to playback the photos/videos. If you want to download the files from the drone to your mobile device, you're recommended to use the QuickTransfer function. You may refer to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKcvgTtaHP4&list=PL65kukZorPdMkTry0ufHNINRwbkhk9EKI

Thank you, but I don't have or use a smartphone or similar device; part of the reason that I opted to pay extra for the RC controller rather than the original-style RC-N1 type.
2022-8-20
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

I now use a 400GB card in the Smart Controller, a 128GB in the Mavic Air2 and Mini2, then DOWNLOAD from the craft to the controller into the "Phone Album," works fine.
2022-8-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules