1128 19 2019-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11625174 ft
  • >>>
United States

I found that the screen becomes black if I don’t touch it for 3 or 5 min. I cannot return the fly interface by pressing the Go Back button, but by lightly tapping the power button, which has the risk of turning off the power.

I suggest DJI should add a screen save setting, so we can reactivate by just a lightly tapping the screen, so we can easily reenter the fly interface.

Thanks

2019-1-29
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

You can change the timeout interval in the Settings for Display.  But I agree that touching the screen should bring it back up.
2019-1-29
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ff22 Posted at 1-29 20:46
You can change the timeout interval in the Settings for Display.  But I agree that touching the screen should bring it back up.

Thanks. The original setting is only one minute, I already made change to 30 min.
2019-1-29
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

pushing the power button once wont shut off the remote as all DJI products are press once and release then press and hold to turn on/off
2019-1-29
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 1-29 21:18
pushing the power button once wont shut off the remote as all DJI products are press once and release then press and hold to turn on/off

Thanks for your reply.
Black screen gives us a black feeling, right?
2019-1-29
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7 Posted at 1-29 21:32
Thanks for your reply.
Black screen gives us a black feeling, right?

im actually waiting for my RC to come. its in transit right now
2019-1-29
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 1-29 21:41
im actually waiting for my RC to come. its in transit right now

Great. I bought it from DJI store in China.
2019-1-29
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7 Posted at 1-29 21:44
Great. I bought it from DJI store in China.

im hoping mine is coming from the Cali location. it shows shipped but no tracking info sent yet
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for your feedback. No worries, we will forward this idea to our team to see what we can do in regards to this matter. For the mean-time, you could set a timeout interval in "Display" under settings. Thank you for your support.
2019-1-30
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

FYI..  You can also press (and hold) the power button for a few seconds to power it on also.  You will see the battery LED’s light up one at a time. Keep holding it until all battery LED’s are lit.
2019-1-30
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
United States

TruGreen Posted at 1-29 21:53
im hoping mine is coming from the Cali location. it shows shipped but no tracking info sent yet

My shipment came from Memphis. But, it was delivered quickly out here in Cali.
2019-1-30
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-30 14:24
Hi, thanks for your feedback. No worries, we will forward this idea to our team to see what we can do in regards to this matter. For the mean-time, you could set a timeout interval in "Display" under settings. Thank you for your support.

Thanks!

If the black screen is for saving battery, just let it darken.
By tapping the screen and let it reactivate and reenter the fly interface, it will be easy to use.

At the first sight of black screen, I really didn't know what to do: I pressed all buttons and tapped all portion of screen, it didn't come back until I pressed the power button.
2019-1-30
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Fraggboy Posted at 1-30 16:46
FYI..  You can also press (and hold) the power button for a few seconds to power it on also.  You will see the battery LED’s light up one at a time. Keep holding it until all battery LED’s are lit.

Smart controller is not like other DJI drones or controllers, it will be power on just press the power button once.

When the screen is on and you press once, the screen will become black
If you press the power button heavily or constantly, it will be directly power off.

This is the risk.
2019-1-30
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Fraggboy Posted at 1-30 16:47
My shipment came from Memphis. But, it was delivered quickly out here in Cali.

tracking shows it coming from China
2019-1-30
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7 Posted at 1-30 17:20
Smart controller is not like other DJI drones or controllers, it will be power on just press the power button once.

When the screen is on and you press once, the screen will become black

Actually no. If you press the power button for a second or two, it will not power on or off.

I don’t feel it’s risky to press the power button a second to wake it up.
2019-1-30
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
United States

TruGreen Posted at 1-30 18:32
tracking shows it coming from China

It took a day before it arrived in Memphis.  After that, it was stuck waiting to clear customs for a few days. Once it cleared, I received it the next day.

I doubt your shipment will be held up clearing customs. You probably will receive it on Monday, maybe Friday.   What does FedEx report?
2019-1-30
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Fraggboy Posted at 1-30 18:43
It took a day before it arrived in Memphis.  After that, it was stuck waiting to clear customs for a few days. Once it cleared, I received it the next day.

I doubt your shipment will be held up clearing customs. You probably will receive it on Monday, maybe Friday.   What does FedEx report?

SHENZHEN CN
Clearance in progress

oddly says 1-31 10AM so guess China in the future compared to Cali lol
2019-1-30
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7 Posted at 1-30 17:20
Smart controller is not like other DJI drones or controllers, it will be power on just press the power button once.

When the screen is on and you press once, the screen will become black

A quick tap of the power button wakes it up.

You don't need to hold it just a tap will suffice, to power down you have to do the DJI double press and hold. There is no risk of it shutting off.
2019-1-31
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 1-31 00:26
A quick tap of the power button wakes it up.

You don't need to hold it just a tap will suffice, to power down you have to do the DJI double press and hold. There is no risk of it shutting off.

You don't have to double-tap to power it off or on anymore.  You can simply press (and hold) the power button 5-7 seconds to initiate the power off/on sequence.
2019-1-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7 Posted at 1-30 17:13
Thanks!

If the black screen is for saving battery, just let it darken.

Hi, thanks for providing further information. No worries, we've managed to forward your suggestion to our team for consideration. Please let us know if you have other concerns.
2019-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules