The first observations and problems to the new firmware
2048 29 2019-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
newmax
lvl.2
Russia

Hi! Thank you for the global update and access to the features we need.
But I need to fix it as soon as possible following:

- the Icon "S" of the upper right corner to remove from "Mimo" because of a random tap activates this mode and turn on the music at the wrong time.
STORY mode is enough in the list of other shooting modes.
- Why reset the previous settings of the video mode after switching to the story mode, including the mode of operation of the Gimbal, frame rate, etc.?

I hope you can fix it quickly.
Thanks in advance.

2019-1-30
Use props
Yanncd French yellow vest
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

And still this beep
2019-1-30
Use props
OmeSlikkum
lvl.2
Netherlands

whahhahha yes idd. the Beep. You can't quietly take the pocket Osmo and shoot some footage. Someone will know, they always will know...

2019-1-30
Use props
newmax
lvl.2
Russia

Forgot to add... The beep sound never goes off?
2019-1-30
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Seriously 10 short videos 30 beeps.. ... .
2019-1-30
Use props
zoom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 97402 ft
  • >>>
Australia

NO Story Mode with WiFi Module

iphone 6s+ & iphone Xs pluged in to smart phone connector ... shows story mode

Plug in a cable to USB-C to iphone 6s+ & iphone X ... shows story mode

Plug in Wifi module and it no longer there using WIFI or BT on either device
2019-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Aavalaakso Posted at 1-30 06:41
Seriously 10 short videos 30 beeps.. ... .

10 short videos 30 beeps.

Having thought about this beeping and having talked to others about this, first I have watched many videos around here, you should do it yourself, Not a single one Nada None Zilch can you hear even the minute sound of a beep, so that one out of the way, I would like a silent option but just for the fact of not drawing attention, but again with this I spoke to a professional videographer who told me that he actually uses beeps while filiming because he can tell from 1 beep for on and 2 beeps for off.
But maybe he feels this is right for him.
In the first 5 weeks of using this OP, not one person has said one word to me about the beep, but maybe it will happen who knows, I can understand stills photographers needing this, simply because they are continually using the shutter, while you make a short video turning on one off your video 15 times this is hardly the norm, particularly in a very quiet enclosed space, although you haven’t said what your filiming.

I do hope the consider a silent mode for video shutter, but I don’t think it has any noticeable effect on video recording.
2019-1-30
Use props
edeone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164685 ft
Germany

Hello Is it possible to create your own templates for story mode? The music of the templates is very annoying for me, I would like to have my own music. Is this possible?
+ no beep ;)

2019-1-30
Use props
Gelo de Jesus
New

Philippines

zoom Posted at 1-30 06:47

Totally agree with this!
2019-1-30
Use props
KEN5423
lvl.3
United States

edeone Posted at 1-30 07:48
Hello Is it possible to create your own templates for story mode? The music of the templates is very annoying for me, I would like to have my own music. Is this possible?
+ no beep ;)

I use Powerdirector 17 and I can seperate the audio from the video track and delete it in this video editting software.I then just add my own royalty free audio to it......or voice overdubs.
2019-1-30
Use props
mikesher.live
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123045 ft
  • >>>
United States

For me, the Video Color options are not showing up in the MIMO app (iPhone XS Max), so I can't select Cine-like.  However, I can select it on the OP itself.
UPDATE:  Turns out that it required a forced MIMO app update (which did not show up in my updates list).  All good now.
2019-1-30
Use props
newmax
lvl.2
Russia

mikesher.live Добавлено в 1-30 08:06
Для меня параметры «Цвет видео» не отображаются в приложении MIMO (iPhone XS Max), поэтому я не могу выбрать Cine-like. Тем не менее, я могу выбрать его на самом OP.

обновить приложение в вашем смартфоне
2019-1-30
Use props
edeone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164685 ft
Germany

KEN5423 Posted at 1-30 07:57
I use Powerdirector 17 and I can seperate the audio from the video track and delete it in this video editting software.I then just add my own royalty free audio to it......or voice overdubs.

yes, of course, with premiere in retrospect, would be nice if you could do the same in the app. I would be happy if dji gave us the opportunity.
2019-1-30
Use props
mikesher.live
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123045 ft
  • >>>
United States

newmax Posted at 1-30 08:14

That fixed it.  I had to force the update from the App store.  
2019-1-30
Use props
hkphoto.com
lvl.2

Hong Kong

torch mode gone!
2019-1-30
Use props
AndyTonks
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Still nothing less than three seconds between shots on time lapse and motion lapse
2019-1-30
Use props
The_Pedro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 155292 ft
Portugal

edeone Posted at 1-30 07:48
+ no beep ;)

And no watermarks would also be great.
2019-1-30
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7966 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

do you mean tilt locked and hold like torch? if so it still does this ? it does for me?
2019-1-30
Use props
Atomicodex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1099268 ft
United States

newmax Posted at 1-30 08:14

Confirmed. This works.
2019-1-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, thanks for sharing this information with us. Should you have further question, please feel free to contact us. Thank you.
2019-1-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

newmax Posted at 1-30 06:10
Forgot to add... The beep sound never goes off?

Hi, In regards to the beeping sound, it is already forwarded to our R&D department for future update. Please visit our website for more information at www.dji.com Thank you.
2019-1-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi. As of the moment, new release feature will only work if you connect your Osmo Pocket via USB Adapter. Thanks.
2019-1-30
Use props
newmax
lvl.2
Russia

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-30 11:14
Hi there, thanks for sharing this information with us. Should you have further question, please feel free to contact us. Thank you.

I was hoping to see a substantive answer. A separate "s" Icon is not really needed on the smartphone screen. Please clean up.
About focus:  
In the AFC really slowed down focusing, particularly in dim light. Yes, the focus ripple is almost gone, but the overall response speed is too slow. Even the white balance has become slower to determine. When switching to photo mode - automation works very quickly.

To meet the needs of most users, you need to do the following:
1. Remove the beep sound
2. Remove the icon "s" from the application "Mimo"
3. Add to focus a function "peacking"
4. Add a forced focus fixation in the hyperfocal and infinity
5. Add the ability to create presets settings.

It's must be no trouble for DJI.

Thanks over.
2019-1-30
Use props
zoom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 97402 ft
  • >>>
Australia

newmax Posted at 1-30 19:50
I was hoping to see a substantive answer. A separate "s" Icon is not really needed on the smartphone screen. Please clean up.
About focus:  
In the AFC really slowed down focusing, particularly in dim light. Yes, the focus ripple is almost gone, but the overall response speed is too slow. Even the white balance has become slower to determine. When switching to photo mode - automation works very quickly.

Some good suggestions there
2019-1-30
Use props
djiuser_HwerPm8fBu70
lvl.1
Russia

Yep and since the firmware update, connecting using the smartphone adapter is useless, it now keeps disconnecting every 2 seconds  
2019-1-31
Use props
djiuser_HwerPm8fBu70
lvl.1
Russia

Yep and since the firmware update, connecting using the smartphone adapter is useless, it now keeps disconnecting every 2 seconds  
2019-1-31
Use props
kburn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 435640 ft
Australia

No Cinelike option when using WiFi module.
2019-1-31
Use props
Vidfact
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56722 ft
United States

Do pumping focus problem got fix in the latest version of Firmware?  I know DJI write they fix it but it is true or just on paper?
2019-1-31
Use props
jordier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 58760 ft
Spain

newmax Posted at 1-30 19:50
I was hoping to see a substantive answer. A separate "s" Icon is not really needed on the smartphone screen. Please clean up.
About focus:  

good suggestions
2019-1-31
Use props
Yanncd French yellow vest
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

the torch was very usefull
2019-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now