6911 20 2019-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BBradac9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 157477 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’m on the latest firmware’s for the Mavic 2 Pro and Smart Controller and yesterday I had multiple disconnects on one flight that was in open country.  I started the drone up in my hotel room later that day and the controller was intermittently disconnecting from 3 feet away.  Not sure if I should try to retry the firmware update on both devices or if anyone else is experiencing disconnects?

Thanks!
2019-1-30
Use props
wreyniers
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1501355 ft
United States

I am experiencing the same issue on the latest update. The controller blips with the "Signal Lost" or "Aircraft Disconnected" message. It regains connection pretty quickly but it's still pretty disruptive. This is definitely new since the latest firmware update. Before the update, the connection was strong, now it's super flaky. What's odd is that it even does this with both the RC and Video stream showing full bars.

I captured a video of this behavior with the drone sitting on my dresser 2 ft away from the controller. You can see these disconnects at 0:25 (it only goes red for a frame but you see it toggling in and out of tripod mode), 1:17 and 2:44: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hmwegzfbrkipkaj/0130-213039.mp4?dl=0

It does this not matter where the drone is in relation to the controller or how strong the signal strength seems to be.

Gonna try rolling the drone back to the previous version of the firmware to see if the problem goes away. I loved this controller for 2 days and now this?

2019-1-30
Use props
wreyniers
lvl.3
United States

Update!

Not being one to give up quickly I decided to try a few things.
I wanted to test this out using the original controller and my Pixel 3XL which has the latest version of DJI GO4 (w/waypoints). Unfortunately, I couldn't link the drone to the old controller due to a firmware mismatch. I haven't updated the OG controller yet because the battery was at 30% and it won't let you do the update unless you have 50% of battery or more.

Anyways, by hitting the sync button to try to connect to the OG controller, it unlinked my Smart Controller. I was forced to relink my Smart Controller, and wouldn't you know it, the random disconnects have gone away. I've rebooted everything several times and so far it hasn't disconnected once. Of course, I'm not flying ATM, but it looks like this resolved the issue I was able to repeat reliably prior to the relinking. @BBradac9, is this something you can try as well to see if this fixes it for you?
2019-1-30
Use props
Emma
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5635279 ft
  • >>>
France

Hello to all
After the update ,
I have the same issue , I was 200 m open space my smart control lost signal twice for couple of seconde  Signal Lost or Aircraft Disconnected ?
I try at my place , so I make the drone up 5 or 10 m only  did not move the bird then again couple of time no signal for again couple of seconde . .

thx for some help .
2019-1-30
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As wreyniers did above, re-link the SC to your aircraft, I have had customers in the past with MPP suffering random RC disconnects and a re-link resolved the issue.
2019-1-31
Use props
Emma
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Buzzyone Posted at 1-31 00:12
As wreyniers did above, re-link the SC to your aircraft, I have had customers in the past with MPP suffering random RC disconnects and a re-link resolved the issue.

I'm going to try ,
thx

I hope to receive a response from a admin of DJI .
I love the remote , but I do not want to lose my bird .

again thx .

2019-1-31
Use props
BBradac9
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I relinked my Mavic this morning and with just a quick test inside my connection was solid, where yesterday it would drop out momentarily at times.  So seems to have fixed it.  Thanks for the tips wreyneirs!
2019-1-31
Use props
wreyniers
lvl.3
United States

Yep, I just flew 3 batteries after relink, not a single disconnect event. Thanks for confirming it worked for you as well BBradac9.
This should probably be in the release notes.
2019-1-31
Use props
BBradac9
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Glad my flight today doesn’t have any disconnect issues!
2019-1-31
Use props
wreyniers
lvl.3
United States

Nice! Need to get back into the sim games.
2019-1-31
Use props
BBradac9
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

wreyniers Posted at 1-31 11:14
Nice! Need to get back into the sim games.

Not a sim
2019-1-31
Use props
wreyniers
lvl.3
United States

Oh snap. The way that HUD looks is so crisp it made me think it was CGI.  Safe flying to you then!
2019-1-31
Use props
adamdodd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 134938 ft
Australia

What firmware release number was it that was giving you guys issues? I had a disconnection that lead to me losing my drone. For some reason the RTH also malfunctioned and it is gone and it was only 2 weeks old
2019-3-17
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24572349 ft
  • >>>
United States

adamdodd Posted at 3-17 03:07
What firmware release number was it that was giving you guys issues? I had a disconnection that lead to me losing my drone. For some reason the RTH also malfunctioned and it is gone and it was only 2 weeks old

I had this start happening yesterday and I had just updated the remote..  In addition my Mavic continued down towards the water after I let up on the stick and then did the same while moving to the right towards a tree..  I was getting a disconnect error at that point. I thought it was all interference. I was not  in a new location and near a bridge, but then this morning at my home the remote disconnected right after I auto launched and was hovering.  I have recalibrated everything and relinked.. Going to find out this afternoon...over train tracks lol. not water if all is well. A bit safer ..
2019-4-2
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24572349 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry meant to say that I was not getting a disconnect while my Mavic seemed to continue flying on its own...

Not sure right now.... it just updated maybe either yesterday or  Sunday.
2019-4-2
Use props
Emma
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Hello to all .

I have some problem with the smart controler in the range !

In the same spot ( place ) the range can be very good more the 5 km ( open space without any habitation ) end somtime no more the 400 M ? ( europe )

I change in the same moment the normal controle of the mavic & no problem at all the range is very good ?

The problem is for my picture ? this is not stable !!

Did sombody have the same probleme ? only me ?

Try to unpaire the smartcontroler - reset the controler .....

Sorry for my english guys ...

Help !!
2019-4-8
Use props
djiuser_rz9hacoJhcEI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 259915 ft
Colombia

My aircraft was lost after disconnect at 800 meters away, never reconnect again, I was using smart controller and kind of new Magic pro 2.   Don’t have any record in the system... the place last seen I went there all around and nothing....
2019-12-30
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_rz9hacoJhcEI Posted at 12-30 04:30
My aircraft was lost after disconnect at 800 meters away, never reconnect again, I was using smart controller and kind of new Magic pro 2.   Don’t have any record in the system... the place last seen I went there all around and nothing....

Sorry about your drone.

There is a find my drone function in the app.  You might try that.  I'm not very good at knowing where to look for log/txt files.

But there are folks who can help over on:

https://mavicpilots.com/forums/general-mavic-2-discussion.71/

Good luck
2019-12-30
Use props
fans6b27ac24
New

Portugal

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday I lost a DJI Mavic 2 Pro while flying with the smart Controller. After approx. 10 min of Flight time the AC disconnected completely and I wasn't able to do anything. It landed somewhere not too far away from the Homepoint. Sadly it is right on a Cliff which is unreachable. I am trying to figure out what happend since I don't see any fault in my flight. I was only about 600m away and 200m High with pretty much nothing (that I am aware of) blocking the Signal. Any Help is much appreciated.
2021-5-20
Use props
phildeman
New
United States

I just purchased the Air Mavic 2S.  The controller would not connect to the drone.  I tried turning off/on both the controller and drone.  Nothing worked.  Suddenly, on the monitor, it said I have to update the firmware.  So, I updated the firmware.  The controller finally connected to the drone.

I was able to fly the drone for about 4 minutes.  When I landed the drone, the controller lost connection.  I was only 1.5 feet away from the drone.  This doesn't make sense.  A few minutes later the phone that I use as the monitor state the temperature is too high.  Suddenly I could not use the Fly app.  It was only 80 degrees Fahrenheit.

Any suggestions why this is going on?  What's bothering me is, I see posts from 2019 complaining about controller/drone disconnection, but it's now 2021, I would have thought DJI would have resolved this issue by now.
2021-6-5
Use props
phildeman
New
United States

phildeman Posted at 6-5 09:31
I just purchased the Air Mavic 2S.  The controller would not connect to the drone.  I tried turning off/on both the controller and drone.  Nothing worked.  Suddenly, on the monitor, it said I have to update the firmware.  So, I updated the firmware.  The controller finally connected to the drone.

I was able to fly the drone for about 4 minutes.  When I landed the drone, the controller lost connection.  I was only 1.5 feet away from the drone.  This doesn't make sense.  A few minutes later the phone that I use as the monitor state the temperature is too high.  Suddenly I could not use the Fly app.  It was only 80 degrees Fahrenheit.

I believe I figured out why it disconnected after it landed.  I may have inadvertently turned off the controller.  It has not happened since the first flight.  I will keep an eye on this, to make sure there are no unusual disconnection.

The phone has not given me a Temperature alert since the first flight.  Again, I will keep an eye out for this.
2021-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules