New firmware Lowlight Focus Test Video
1308 9 2019-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

v01.04.00.20 firmware is updated and suppose to improve focus pulsing issue and lowlight focus.
So I went out and test just that.

010.JPG 003.JPG
First is walking test.
With previous firmware at the same light condition, it was so out of focus or heavy focus pulsing.
Not it is much better. Much sharper focus then before and also minimum focus pulsing.

It is quite usable and hope it could be a little bit less pulsing in the next update.

001.JPG 009.JPG
Fixed position shooting in lowlight.
Previously shooting at the traffic facing car's light made OP to pulse like crazy.
Now the focus is very sharp and pulse is at its minimum.

There is an occation OP is pulsing once when the bike passing by at forground but it is still usable.

002.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG
I had high hope in lowlight motion time-lapse because my previous shooting was suffered from all out of focus result.
It is still out of focus.
I was disappointed at first but checking again on the bigger screen, I find that it is less out of focus than the previous result.
Somewhat improved and better than the before but there is more to desire.

006.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG
Lastly tested active track test.
First clip is tracking at the wall clock and it was going good until the middle of the clip.
Then it become out of focus but still hold on the tracking.
Half bad but better than before result.

Second clip is tracking at the top of the building and it is slightly out of focus from the beginning.
But it was a challenging situation.

After checking the test clips, to me, it is a very good improvement.

SDR version of test clip

I hope Dji continue the effort to improve the focus capablity in the future update as well.
So far they did good job with this update.

Very well done!

HDR version of test clip.
Watch this version if you have a HDR capable display. Otherwise watch SDR version for better result.

2019-1-30
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

By the way, gimbal was more shaky during the motion time-lapse than before.
Like to know if others have same issue.
2019-1-30
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

Cine-like D was a little bit of help to bring out a little more detail in the shadow.
2019-1-30
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks a lot for doing the test and uploading samples so quickly. Very encouraging news.
2019-1-30
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

Wiz33 Posted at 1-30 13:30
Thanks a lot for doing the test and uploading samples so quickly. Very encouraging news.

Just about to go out shooting then update dropped.
2019-1-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, we really appreciate you for sharing your experience using the Osmo Pocket. Your satisfaction means everything to us. Thank you for your support.
2019-1-30
Use props
kburn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 435640 ft
Australia

Was the low light motionless in AFS? I heard somewhere that AFS reverts to infinity when selected till screen is touched. So each shot should remain the same... Haven't tested it yet.
2019-1-30
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-30 15:57
Hi there, we really appreciate you for sharing your experience using the Osmo Pocket. Your satisfaction means everything to us. Thank you for your support.

Enjoying the new firmware. Keep the update coming.
2019-1-31
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

kburn Posted at 1-30 19:53
Was the low light motionless in AFS? I heard somewhere that AFS reverts to infinity when selected till screen is touched. So each shot should remain the same... Haven't tested it yet.
All of this test is done with AFC.
However I have tested and posted lowlight motion-lapse focus issue with previous video.

https://youtu.be/8ZYE1e5qHRU
https://forum.dji.com/thread-178625-1-1.html

In there I tried AFS, both touched and untouched but was no vail.
Motion-lapse just resets any focus setting when gimbal move to its first way point.
Well that was previous firmware and new firmware is still not perfect but better than before.
2019-1-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Tide Posted at 1-31 03:34
Enjoying the new firmware. Keep the update coming.

Nice to hear that. Best regards. Cheers!
2019-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules