Video Panning
10699 25 2019-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
robsonj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110433 ft
United States

In the osmo pocket I know you can do a photo timelapse from point a to point b, all setup within the camera. Is it possible to do similar but shoot video? i.e. select point a and point b, a time duration from a to b, then shoot regular 4k video instead of a series of photos?

Thank in advance.

Cheers
Jonathan
2019-1-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, thanks for reaching out. However, it is impossible. We only have timelapse and motion lapse available at this moment. Should you have further question, please let us know.  Thank you.
2019-1-30
Use props
robsonj
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-30 13:02
Hi there, thanks for reaching out. However, it is impossible. We only have timelapse and motion lapse available at this moment. Should you have further question, please let us know.  Thank you.

Is it possible from within the app please?

Thanks
Jonathan
2019-1-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

robsonj Posted at 1-30 13:05
Is it possible from within the app please?

Thanks

Hi, thanks for the quick response. No worries, this will be forwarded to our R&D department for future request. Thank you.
2019-1-30
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

It is possible to get a motorised pan head for a tripod which is remote controled for around the £30-£40 mark. Not the same I know but they have two axis and can do an almost complete 360.
2019-1-30
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
United States

That would be a life saver for me as well. I have used moving pan heads before to various degrees of success (some are only meant to be used for time lapses and their motion is way too fractured for smooth, continuous video recording). But, technically speaking there is already a perfect one embedded in OP It would be such a waste not to fully utilize it...

Honestly I thought story mode was going to be something similar until it came out: a library of single shot templates like perfectly calibrated pans and tilts and what not, that you can chain to build up your rolls.

Anyways, time will tell...
2019-1-30
Use props
robsonj
lvl.1
United States

I agree, kinda shocked it isn't on the feature list, everything needed is already there in the hardware and software. If they would add it, the pocket plus a basic slider would be incredible.
2019-1-30
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

I also like to have this motorized tilt head function for video very much.
Story mode already has preset head tilt motion in it.
So I see no reason to add customizable motorized head motion function like Dji's drones.
Wish list for next update.
2019-1-30
Use props
junfusion
lvl.2
Japan

+1 for motion control panning. Repeatable panning is better ;-)
2019-1-31
Use props
Chris1a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 801 ft
Sweden

+1 for automated panning when filming. There would be so many useful scenarios for this when your the only person around. For me it would come in handy when filming making music with various electronic instruments. A static angle is quite boring. The tracking mode wouldn’t work as the instruments are the focus, not me. This would need being able to set up the OsmoPocket to do slow, slow pans back and forth along a pre-set path, as well as faster pans when needed obviously. That’s 3 parameters; speed, path markers, pan mode (back n forth until manual stop, one shot).

+1 For being able to tilt the gimbal/head left and right (like the dude in the gif that hacked the OsmoPocket, he got access to tilting it sideways and whatnot), would allow for some creative shots.

And throw in digital zoom into the mix while your at it, DJI:-).

Gimbal Head Tilt L/R

Gimbal Head Tilt L/R
2019-2-2
Use props
fansbdd6d074
New
United Kingdom

Yes I would also like this feature while recording in video mode
2019-3-13
Use props
lummox
lvl.4
United States

I think we’d be better off utilizing something like cosmostreamer to automate control of the gimbal while recording. DJI will never get around to adding that to Mimo.
2019-3-13
Use props
bigbearhk
lvl.2
Hong Kong

+1 for automated video panning (similar to time-lapse)
This feature will save a lot of work with much more accurate orbit
(I ve already got wireless module / controller wheel)

I recalled I made the same suggestion for Osmo mobile 2 in 2018.........
Maybe the video panning is not financially feasible? too complicated to modify codes?
2019-3-14
Use props
p_thommo
New
Australia

+1 for certain
I use the OP where I am often also the subject, [but further from the Camera than 'arm's length' and often using my hands to illustrate a particular point] and, at other times, when I just want a steady, smooth Pan. I have all the accessories already but, this feature would be relatively simple to incorporate into the Mimo app, and or the Camera itself, and be of great benefit to me [and many others it appears].
2019-4-20
Use props
NickJames
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39501 ft
United States

+1 for this feature to be added! PLEASE DJI!!! Make it happen for us!!
2019-5-27
Use props
Simusio
lvl.1
Canada

+1 for panning path in video mode - its possible in story mode but with very little control over the length.
A count down would be really handy option to add to videos too. Is 30 seconds the longest the motor can run for when moving in a path?

Can anyone from DJI confirm they are working to add this feature?

Thanks!!
2020-1-15
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

"Can anyone from DJI confirm they are working to add this feature?"

Confirmation is doubtful. But I'm sure they willrefer it to the engineers ...
2020-1-15
Use props
Shantok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1104163 ft
  • >>>
United States

Funny I was shooting a 10 min time lapse today and while I was waiting I was thinking about the same feature. Would be a really cool feature.
2020-1-15
Use props
djiuser_rsjwLhEZncil
New

Romania

It was posibile to do it by using timelpse mode, set the points, minimize Mimo and use ios camera app. But is not posibile anymore after latest firmware update.
There is any possibility to install an older firmware?

This is a shot taken with that technique: youtu(.)be/wv7yVqXSz8g
2020-3-20
Use props
Rahul K
lvl.2
Flight distance : 67884 ft
Canada

Will the auto pan feature be available anytime on the osmo pocket?
2020-6-10
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Allow me to check ...
magic 8 ball.jpeg
2020-6-10
Use props
djiuser_r3FZgmuaseyF
New

United States

It’s 2021. Still waiting. OM4 without auto pan or tilt.

Just write the software already. The hardware is already present.
2021-5-2
Use props
djiuser_KJp4IcIiuEph
New

Australia

2 years and still nothing for the simplest and possibly most important feature videographers need. If this doesn't come out soon i will be selling my dji and looking for something that can do the job.
2021-11-13
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

djiuser_KJp4IcIiuEph Posted at 11-13 10:59
2 years and still nothing for the simplest and possibly most important feature videographers need. If this doesn't come out soon i will be selling my dji and looking for something that can do the job.

This time research!
2021-11-13
Use props
realdeal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37680 ft
France

simple feature only available in the most expensive   products sold by DJI to film makers....I know it looks. crazy but its like t hat when money plays a roll
2022-8-21
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

realdeal Posted at 8-21 13:42
simple feature only available in the most expensive   products sold by DJI to film makers....I know it looks. crazy but its like t hat when money plays a roll

It's like that with most tech; the higher end adds more features. It's an incentive to buy.

2022-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules