Ronin-S Micro Shake while Flying
665 2 2019-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DigitalChaos
lvl.1
Canada

Hi Everyone,

I do enjoy my Ronin-S in terms of features and layout. However, I've been noticing lately there seems to be some small vibrations when flying it - I just wanted to get a general consensus if that's just the way it is or if I'm experiencing some sort of malfunction. It will probably be hard to see what I'm talking about unless you full screen.

I shot this on my GH5 at 60p slowed down to 24fps. Yes, everything was perfectly balanced, I did a balance check, and auto-calbirated moments before flying. I'm noticing some pretty severe micro vibarations every few seconds in all my footage while flying. I don't recall this happening to me previously. Does anyone have any shared experience? Does this look to be functioning "normally" like everyone elses?

2019-1-30
Use props
Popy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2979 ft
Brazil

Hello, DigitalChaos.

I'm having a very similar issue with my a6300 when paired with a lightweight lens like the sigma 16mm 1.4 and the autotune option.
Is your setup lightweight or you're using a heavy lens?

I played around the tuning configs and found out that if I manual-tune the motors with a mid-to-high value (like 30-40 in each motor) most micro-jitters goes away. You can test this gently pushing each axis with your index finger and testing if its moving too much or not and re-adjusting the value inside the app.

Hope this helps you and DJI says something about it.
2019-2-6
Use props
DigitalChaos
lvl.1
Canada

I was using a the Sigma 18-35 with speed booster on my GH5 - so I wouldn't exactly call it a lightweight setup. Any other GH5 users out there, do you guys disable all in body stabilization while using the Ronin, or keep it on?
2019-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules