3057 10 2019-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TrippleDelta
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2228182 ft
Belgium

Hi all,

When choosing Arc in Waypoints 2.0 a messages pops up saying I’m unable to perform camera actions.
What does this mean? I won’t be able to take pictures?

Thanks
2019-1-31
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

It means you cannot set the camera to auto take a photo or start/stop the video at each waypoint.
2019-1-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. On this route, the aircraft will move around smoothly toward the waypoints, however, the camera can't take a photo or initiate a video recording during the waypoints like msinger mentioned. Hope that this would clarify your query. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-1
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2-1 15:00
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. On this route, the aircraft will move around smoothly toward the waypoints, however, the camera can't take a photo or initiate a video recording during the waypoints like msinger mentioned. Hope that this would clarify your query. Thank you for continued support.

Why on earth not?

I'm new to all of this and so don't understand why the camera is not available when literally rounding the corners off at the waypoints.

Surely a smooth arc at the corners would make for a better, smoother video and yet this function is not available?

Just curious...

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
2019-2-4
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not sure if your following, the camera can be rolling video already, it just can’t start during this action.
2019-2-4
Use props
Drone-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

That feature is in the litchi app. The only thing I don't like about it is if I lose signal in the litchi app the camera will not perform or move to whatever you had said it too but I will continue with the waypoints which I don't know
Is if DJI waypoint's if there is no signal will continue to fly to the way points?
2019-2-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

GlynH Posted at 2-4 07:35
Why on earth not?

I'm new to all of this and so don't understand why the camera is not available when literally rounding the corners off at the waypoints.

Hi, thanks for your feedback. We will forward this feedback with our team and also considering this as a suggestion to see if we could provide this in the future. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-4
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oracle Miata Posted at 2-4 08:16
Not sure if your following, the camera can be rolling video already, it just can’t start during this action.

That’s the way I read it, put a waypoint in, start camera then arc the rest. Will give it a go when I get a chance.
2019-2-4
Use props
djiuser_OHiAu4afmcZB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 212995 ft
Sweden

msinger Posted at 2019-1-31 08:12
It means you cannot set the camera to auto take a photo or start/stop the video at each waypoint.

But it DOES start filming at the first waypoint? If I have 4 waypoints, I usually set the camera to start rolling at the first waypoint and stop at the last. Are you saying this function is OFF when choosing ARC?
How then do I get my footage? Surely filming is the idea when flying a drone equipped with an expensive camera?
2020-5-29
Use props
SSTB
New
Flight distance : 2379 ft
United Kingdom

Is there any YouTube URL's that show how to us the Arc feature in Waypoints for Mavic Zoom - as I can't find one for the life of me?
2020-10-18
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Start video record before the WP mission begins
2020-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now