4779 21 2019-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spasov_konstantin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21083 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,
Just bought a new Mavic 2 Pro and unfortunately I can't update it to the latest firmware. It makes me crazy!
With the first Mavic for example I had no issues at all....
Every time when I am trying to update I see the following error in DJI Go app:

Update Failed. Restart the Equipment and try again later.
Reason: Network disconnected. Reconnect to continiue downloading.
And there is no difference whether you are using mobile network connection or wi-fi....

Then I've tried to install Dji Assistant 2 fo Mavic on PC.
Assistant downloads 1 or 3 percent of firmware and then shows connection error.

My phone is Samsung Galaxy Note 9 with Android Pie.

Dear DJI don't you think that you have to fix this issue? Couse I am not alone with this problem.

How can I update my Mavic?
Screenshot_20190131-224329.jpg

2019-1-31
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

I have the same problems when I try to update via Wi Fi network, but it works very well on my fixed line and mobile data. Not sure if it will help.
2019-2-1
Use props
saviour
lvl.4
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

Many people have this network error. Only solution is to update via DJI Assistant on PC.
If that doesn't work try to run the program as admin and/or reinstall the program.
2019-2-1
Use props
spasov_konstantin
lvl.4
United Kingdom

saviour Posted at 2-1 00:18
Many people have this network error. Only solution is to update via DJI Assistant on PC.
If that doesn't work try to run the program as admin and/or reinstall the program.

Thanks for the advice.
I'll try today
2019-2-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the troubles that it caused. Have you tried to check if the internet connection if it's working fine?  During the update on the  DJI Assistant 2 on your computer, may we know if the computer was connected to your internet via a cable? Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2019-2-1
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-1 13:48
Hi, we're sorry for the troubles that it caused. Have you tried to check if the internet connection if it's working fine?  During the update on the  DJI Assistant 2 on your computer, may we know if the computer was connected to your internet via a cable? Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

You've got an Android device?

Welcome to second class citizenship!
2019-2-1
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

geoffz Posted at 2-1 14:14

Ouch... that hurts.
The only solution would be Google buys like 11% of DJI shares. That would make it bigger shareholder than Apple.
2019-2-1
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

Charissa Posted at 2-1 00:07
I have the same problems when I try to update via Wi Fi network, but it works very well on my fixed line and mobile data. Not sure if it will help.

I heard that when updating using WiFi one should move the aircraft  away from the phone as the 2.4GHz signal messes with the WiFi signal, alternative solution, change to the 5.8 GHz band.

I have never tried this btw, just passing on some intel
2019-2-1
Use props
Toedles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Mine couldn’t update either via iOS surprising as it may be, tried using my work phone...........a Samsung, it worked, so I don’t know anymore!
2019-2-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Then I've tried to install Dji Assistant 2 fo Mavic on PC.
Assistant downloads 1 or 3 percent of firmware and then shows connection error.

Make sure you got the Mavic 2 Pro version of DJI's Assistant-2.

2019-2-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Have you tried doing GO-4 Update for Mavic 2 Pro when your mobile is connected to either different service tower or your mobile is connected to different WiFi?

In past, I have seen problems with Updates caused by DJI's own update servers being overloaded.  DJI's servers seem to run in bursts.  Best if you have a fast connection (10 Mbps or higher).  Lessens total update time, which lessens chance of download getting hit by a server slow down, leading to failed update.  

2019-2-1
Use props
spasov_konstantin
lvl.4
Russia

DJI Tony Posted at 2-1 13:48
Hi, we're sorry for the troubles that it caused. Have you tried to check if the internet connection if it's working fine?  During the update on the  DJI Assistant 2 on your computer, may we know if the computer was connected to your internet via a cable? Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

The internet connection is flawless! I've checked  a few times before updating.
Finally I've updated it via DJI Assistant 2 but I don't understand what's going on.
It didn't update via DJI Go app either using Wi-Fi neither cellular data.
It also didn't update using DJI Assistant and Wi-Fi connection on my laptop.
Nevertheless update was successful when I did following:

1. Disconnected my laptop from home wi-fi network  
2. Disconnected my mobile phone from home wi-fi network
3. Shared the smartphone's cellular data via Wi-Fi with my laptop.

Don't you think that it's quite strange? Because when I've tried to update via Dji Go using cellular data nothing happened
2019-2-2
Use props
spasov_konstantin
lvl.4
Russia

geoffz Posted at 2-1 14:14

Haaaaahaaa )))
I guess DJI really thinks so )
2019-2-2
Use props
ajmeister87
New
Flight distance : 10541 ft
Australia

Come on DJI. I literally have to fly 17+ hours the USA tonight for a month of filming on the drone. If this update isn't fixed I will have spent $20,000 to travel around USA and not be able to do my job. I've updated both firmware on the Drone and RC but still the app won't connect to the drone. FIX IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!
2019-2-2
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Boffin Posted at 2-1 19:33
I heard that when updating using WiFi one should move the aircraft  away from the phone as the 2.4GHz signal messes with the WiFi signal, alternative solution, change to the 5.8 GHz band.

I have never tried this btw, just passing on some intel

Will give it a go next time. Intel always much appreciated.
2019-2-4
Use props
kurtnaslund
lvl.1
Norway

Hello,
Exactly the same issue for me as well. Have tried both Wifi (that works) and my cell, but still the same errormessage as in this thread. Using an Android (Samsung S9+)...

Regards,
Kurt
Norway
2019-2-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

spasov_konstantin Posted at 2-2 10:07
The internet connection is flawless! I've checked  a few times before updating.
Finally I've updated it via DJI Assistant 2 but I don't understand what's going on.
It didn't update via DJI Go app either using Wi-Fi neither cellular data.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Glad to know that you manage to update the firmware of your aircraft. I'll let my team be notified in regards to this situation. Please let us know if you have other concerns.
2019-2-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

kurtnaslund Posted at 2-4 06:23
Hello,
Exactly the same issue for me as well. Have tried both Wifi (that works) and my cell, but still the same errormessage as in this thread. Using an Android (Samsung S9+)...

Hi, we're sorry for the uneasiness on updating your aircraft. Have you tried to use the DJI Assistant 2 for you to possibly update the firmware? If not yet, you may download the application to your computer using the link below. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
2019-2-4
Use props
kurtnaslund
lvl.1
Norway

DJI Tony Posted at 2-4 10:01
Hi, we're sorry for the uneasiness on updating your aircraft. Have you tried to use the DJI Assistant 2 for you to possibly update the firmware? If not yet, you may download the application to your computer using the link below. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads

Hello,
I will try to use the DJI Assistant 2 if this is an issue again. In the meantime I got to use a freinds iPhone...and then it worked. Strange that this is an Android-issue?

Regards,
Kurt
Norway
2019-2-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

kurtnaslund Posted at 2-5 00:56
Hello,
I will try to use the DJI Assistant 2 if this is an issue again. In the meantime I got to use a freinds iPhone...and then it worked. Strange that this is an Android-issue?

Hi, thanks for the update. Glad that you've managed to update the firmware of your aircraft using a different mobile device. I'll let my team be notified in regards to this situation for further check. Thank you for understanding. You may please have a safe flight always.
2019-2-5
Use props
PlanetTen
New

United States

After hours of research and more failed updates than I care to think about I finally sound the solution. The secret is in the controller going to sleep. Make sure to go into the settings for the controller and switch the sleep mode from the 1 minute sleep to 30 minutes. As soon as I did that I was able to use the DJI Assistant 2 software and updated both of my controllers without an issue.
2021-11-11
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

PlanetTen Posted at 11-11 14:54
After hours of research and more failed updates than I care to think about I finally sound the solution. The secret is in the controller going to sleep. Make sure to go into the settings for the controller and switch the sleep mode from the 1 minute sleep to 30 minutes. As soon as I did that I was able to use the DJI Assistant 2 software and updated both of my controllers without an issue.

Hi,
Great news. Well done indeed. This will help many. Strange that no on has come up with this earlier. Excuse my ignorance, but was the the smart controller or the the controller using a mobile phone?
2021-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules