WOOHOOOOO !!!!! Contoller Work Around !!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

Hey All,

I have had some issues with the charging port on my MA contoller, long saga... However whilst searching for answers I think it was this site that someone suggested "Magnetic" cable end cord. Mine has just arrived form China, I got 2 for about $8 Aus delivered...

After I had ordered them I was trying to see if I left a cord in the charing port and using the other USB port to connect to my phone if it would work... It did not.

BUT.... I just tried the new cable, left the micro usb end in the controller and used the other USB to connect. I t worked ! I am stoked.

I am glad I bought 2, as I also have the MP controller which may end up with the same issues, so now I will just use these cables instead.

Perhaps DJI should give these Micro USB ports the ass and use USB C instead, no chance of putting the cable in the wrong way !

2019-2-1
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

I started a thread here a while ago, to ask about possible magnetic problems with that type of cables. Bought one, and it worked very well. The converter that came with the Air, stopped charging the controller for some reason. The magnetic cable worked, but sad to say, stopped working after around 10 charges. Now I am using the little converter that came with my MP2 to charge. Weirder, and weirder.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-164555-1-1.html
Are you talking about this cables?
2019-2-1
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

Charissa Posted at 2-1 02:51
I started a thread here a while ago, to ask about possible magnetic problems with that type of cables. Bought one, and it worked very well. The converter that came with the Air, stopped charging the controller for some reason. The magnetic cable worked, but sad to say, stopped working after around 10 charges. Now I am using the little converter that came with my MP2 to charge. Weirder, and weirder.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-164555-1-1.html
Are you talking about this cables?

Hey Charissa,

Yep, I knew I seen it somewhere on here

I really think it's just very poor manufacturing on DJIs part... I have had dozens of Micro USB devices, not ONCE has anything stopped charging because of the port.... The DJI controller for my MA has failed twice... And it would seem I am not the only one.... Poor effort DJI...
2019-2-1
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Atlas_Aus Posted at 2-1 05:47
Hey Charissa,

Yep, I knew I seen it somewhere on here  

And here I hoped that you had "another" solution, to charge via bottom usb..........Eish. My cable stopped working, and it doesnt make sense, as it works very well with my MP2 controller. One day, it will charge, the next day, not. Can not tell you why.....
That is mainly the reason why I thought about the piece that stays in, to save the connectors of the port, but NO.......
2019-2-1
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

Charissa Posted at 2-1 06:43
And here I hoped that you had "another" solution, to charge via bottom usb..........Eish. My cable stopped working, and it doesnt make sense, as it works very well with my MP2 controller. One day, it will charge, the next day, not. Can not tell you why.....
That is mainly the reason why I thought about the piece that stays in, to save the connectors of the port, but NO.......

Hey,

Are you talking about the MA controller ? If the cable works for one clearly it should work on the other one.... Have you tried a new cord regardless ?

If you look in the controller charging port you should see two tiny pieces of metal, I believe these are what make the contact for the current.... They may be bent or completely broken off... If they are just bent that maybe why it charges sometime and not others... Try bending it back down, that is how I fixed my MA controller last time. So far, so good.
2019-2-1
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Atlas_Aus Posted at 2-1 20:29
Hey,

Are you talking about the MA controller ? If the cable works for one clearly it should work on the other one.... Have you tried a new cord regardless ?

Yea, MA controller. And no, nothing bend or broken, in perfect order. One of those un explainable quirks. I swop the cables around, (have 3 different ones), and at one stage, each of them will either work, or not, the next time.)
I stopped trying to find a problem, giving it up to some naughty fairies sprinkled by DJI to cause nonsense............
2019-2-4
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Ware  and tare in the controller port?  Hmm . . .
2019-2-4
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

Charissa Posted at 2-4 02:32
Yea, MA controller. And no, nothing bend or broken, in perfect order. One of those un explainable quirks. I swop the cables around, (have 3 different ones), and at one stage, each of them will either work, or not, the next time.)
I stopped trying to find a problem, giving it up to some naughty fairies sprinkled by DJI to cause nonsense............

Hahahahahah
2019-2-4
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

HH1 Posted at 2-4 14:22
Ware  and tare in the controller port?  Hmm . . .

Mate,

To be honest I had not used mine enough to qualify for wear and tear... I have a phone I still use and charge everyday, same port... That sure indeed been worn out by now, but no.... I think DJI have poor quality control on these controller ports.
2019-2-4
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

I've got a phone as well, and I worry more about the port on it than I do on the Flight Controller.  Been looking around for an affordable iPad.  Some of the things on my MPP I think are very well put together, but others truly surprise me at what I would  consider class work.  By the way, went with Vimeo, You=Tube wanted so much info and my youngest child
2019-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules