Plane temperature
765 7 2019-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hatem m
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3430463 ft
Saudi Arabia

لماذا ليس داخل التطبيق تحذيرًا لدرجة الحرارة أثناء الطيران؟ يفرض عليك أن تهبط بالأمس عندما تطير لمدة 23 دقيقة وتسخن حتى 59 درجة مئوية وعند الهبوط وجد البطارية منتفخة !!
Why is the inside of the application not a warning for temperature during flight? It forces you to land yesterday when you fly for 23 minutes and heat up to 59 C and upon landing he found the battery swollen!!
2019-2-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for what happened to your drone. The recommended temperature when flying your drone is 32° to 104° F (0° to 40° C)  as well as the battery. Use of the battery in environments above 50° can lead to fire or explosion. Use of battery below 0°C can lead to permanent damage. It's normal that the aircraft would force to land the drone  This information can be found on our website under safety guidelines. Again, we're sorry for the inconvenience.  
2019-2-1
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

May I ask... what was the temperature in Saudi Arabia yesterday during your flight?  Thanks
2019-2-1
Use props
Hatem m
Second Officer
Saudi Arabia

Mark The Droner Posted at 2-1 14:33
May I ask... what was the temperature in Saudi Arabia yesterday during your flight?  Thanks

25 c to 29 c
2019-2-1
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

That seems like a very reasonable temperature to fly...

I'm surprised the battery would get so hot so quickly.  Was the battery placed somewhere excessively warm just before flight?  For example, was it sitting in a hot vehicle?  Or placed out in the sun?  
2019-2-1
Use props
Hatem m
Second Officer
Saudi Arabia

Mark The Droner Posted at 2-1 16:20
That seems like a very reasonable temperature to fly...

I'm surprised the battery would get so hot so quickly.  Was the battery placed somewhere excessively warm just before flight?  For example, was it sitting in a hot vehicle?  Or placed out in the sun?

I consumed the battery until it came into full force and I didn't land until I left less than 2% of the battery and the experience would recommend not to risk once the battery arrives 30% sooner
2019-2-1
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Hatem,

Mark is asking good questions and making good points, along with DJI Tony.  To me, this appears to be unusual.  When you start up the Phantom 4 Pro, do you hear the internal fans start up.  There are one or two fans inside the P4 Pro that run all the time, even when the propellers are not turning.  Can you hear the fans working when the propellers are not turning?  

If you cannot hear the fans, then the inside of the P4 Pro, and especially the battery, will overheat.  This can cause a lot of damage.  If the fans are not working or the vents are not open, you will have heating problems.  Air needs to circulate inside the Phantom body.

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-2-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maybe the battery had just reached its end and it was cause of this the drone landed?
When the battery swells up the air holes get blocked this reducing circulation, thus higher temps internally
Draining it down to 2% would not have helped, i am sure that would do more harm than good?
2019-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules